New SmallCube...Like or Dislike?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Fallen
Banned

New SmallCube...Like or Dislike?

Post by Fallen »

What is the reason behind changing one of the good small maps for the mod. I don't like the new change to the roof depending on the detail you put in your setting. Other than the new gfx changes, the new smallcube seems smaller I think. Just my perspective I guess because the dimension of the map probably hasn't changed.

Although, you can now say, its really the smaller version of Cube. Some may like the change, some won't.

*Note: Oh here comes DavidM and his trademark saying: If I changed it for the minority, the majority would not like it.

Majority seems the europeon community, while the minority usually consists mostly of the North American community.

*Note 2: Surge comes along and posts like his status is above us. Dude, change the way you talk to the rest, and you might get some respect among your peers. Most of the time I can agree with you, but usually your tone in ur posts make me feel inferior.

Anyways, thats way off-topic. But I like this more shameless spam:
<@[V3]Sin> <Cenotaph> V3 are very good, possibly the best team in DB atm
<@[V3]Sin> <eve^anywhere> 2 matches 2 servers
<@[V3]Sin> <Khushdi> yes..but even on euro server, they will only lose by a couple of goals
<@[V3]Sin> <eve^anywhere> 1 american 1 european
<@[V3]Sin> <Khushdi> u will see what happens, we did that too eve
<@[V3]Sin> <Cenotaph> V3 = Volley whores fuck fest :p
<@[V3]Sin> <Khushdi> 7-3 our server, 1-27 their server rofl
<@[V3]Sin> <eve^anywhere> its only a friendly
<@[V3]Sin> <Khushdi> ours was too
<@[V3]Sin> <cucamacuca> xxi
<@[V3]Sin> <eve^anywhere> if we lose we could learn

Anyways, I welcome the flames, but if there is, I won't comment on them, hence the other thread where rutzy and whoever go back on forth. I would like to know, u likey or dislikey the new SmallCube.
SkaTallica

:-/

Post by SkaTallica »

welp, i hate it... When i look up, i get hooorrible slowdown (like 9 fps) even on 1024, on lowest possible settings. it should also have a roof :(... and i hate all the emitters, it's too flashy and kind of disorienting (hard to see ball when it's flyin around) IMO :-/
mannyfresh027

Post by mannyfresh027 »

DavidM - "Give it a week. You'll get used to it"
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

I played it earlier, its not as bad as you make it seem. Its funny when you shoot a ball up though and it bounces off of nothing
Onge

Post by Onge »

I prefer the old smallcube. It played better and is not as ugly as the new one, although in fairness it's never been a looker.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

keel small cube for the good of db
Khushdi

Post by Khushdi »

yes, old smallcube was better, it did not need changing, i feel odd playing in the new one, it feels cramped and with no roof, its just not smallcube any more :(
vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

i want a roof
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

Yeah, it has a claustraphobic feel to it. More like a cage or pit now.
Last edited by Armagon on 01-07-2003 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
InSaNe
Banned

Post by InSaNe »

SmallCube is old days = Pwnage

SmallCube now = Gheyness

^^

-[V3]InSaNe
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

The crowd doesn't really work with a tiny map... smallcube was fine as it was... why fix things that ain't broke? :confused:
GhosT_Face_KiLLa
Banned

Post by GhosT_Face_KiLLa »

idd new smallcube is bad :/ i get 7 fps when i look upwards and everything starts to lag, which means to connect with a volley comming high above i gotta look on the radar and guess if i dont wanna lag about the place :(
BRING BACK THE OLD SMALL CUBE!!! :spammer: