1.7 Thread

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

omg

i read this thread and i thought most people hated 1.7

then i realised Rutzy and and RabidMonkey did ALL of it. Every single bitching post.

i have no idea why you 2 hate it so much, but you really are being dickheads about it

what dont u like? n00b cannon and boost goals are gone? Maybe cos they're the 2 cheapest ways of scoring in the game?

There IS a reason that n00b cannin is called n00b cannon

and look at the thread about cY doing boost goals......about 70 people thought it was cheap to 20 that didn't

so STOP F*#@ING WHINGING

if you dont like the new DB, then don't play it. I'm sure the loss of 2 players won't mean much
Rutzy\Vw\

Post by Rutzy\Vw\ »

you want your "constructive criticism" here you go davidm, and by the way, i'm posting a lot because not a lot of NA players post here, because of the stupidity amongst this forum, its like fucking INA all over again.

i don't want to hate it. it doesn't fix real problems and real needs. has the bug been fixed yet? no.

check out 1.7's f1. wow. is there a reason to put all that shit there? why not make it f3? (like TTM)

the gun. looks like.. a toy. i have no idea whether or not im going to hit anything (most of the time i dont, gg).

the radius: did you mess with it? because i can barely hit anything.

all of the distances/powers changed: why?

no more penix launcher (or drop boost..): because some people cant play defense?

the delay time that you implemented to get rid of n00b cannons: worthless and a REALLY bad way to get rid of the n00b cannon. NOBODY IN NA DOES THE N00B CANNON. THIS WAS A WORTHLESS AND ANNOYING CHANGE. this affects balls coming off the wall and other things.

maps: what were you thinking changing the maps? FFS LEAVE THEM OR MAKE NEW ONES WITH NEW NAMES.

Tennis: this isn't that way tennis was meant to be played as a modification. 0.3 was fun. it was new. it was exciting. if i wanted to play "real" tennis i'd go buy a tennis game. 0.4 has more bugs than 0.3 had, and thats hard to accomplish.

Other than that, the game just doesn't feel right. it doesn't feel like something you want to play. The look/radar is completely screwed with and messed up. For the love of competitive deathball, get rid of this pile of INA-crap and just fix the bug and give us 1.6/0.3 back.

Also, if you want to be an asshole, and think I'm the only one who doesn't like 1.7, learn how to read and you will find that there are people on my side.

Are you happy davidm? or are you going to just read a few select lines and think "only 1 person doesnt like it, fuck him, he must be retarded."

Have a nice day. :rolleyes:
Diab

Post by Diab »

ntl was only 2 hours at a time also but i managed to get meny of files, one being 180 meg o_o
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

I spit up download would not be a bad idea. I remember the bad old days of 56K. Time after time something would go wrong after hours of downloading and I'd have to start again. Those days sucked.
Onge

Post by Onge »

And completely re-doing half of the maps that didnt need it was?
Agreed.
vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

well i'm just gonna ignore that post
vF_Zonk

Re: 1.7 bug thread

Post by vF_Zonk »

Originally posted by vF_Zonk

no complaining here, only bugs.........

ahem...
Diab

Post by Diab »

maby hike half a second to stop noob cannon would work, since it takes about 1.3 to drop and attack so the time it takes the gun to recoil makes about a second. then there would be less wait between close to the wall volleys..i dunno.

oh just thought that wont work, you could drop the ball and just wait half a second before attacking.

*edit* thinking about it, could you not make the code so if you launch the ball up against a wall the self volley time stops so you can instantly volley it? so the timer only effects proper n00b shots from the floor.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

no rutzy, thats ok, its just ridiculous how you are going thru all threads to express your hate
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

" *edit* thinking about it, could you not make the code so if you launch the ball up against a wall the self volley time stops so you can instantly volley it? so the timer only effects proper n00b shots from the floor."

afaik jero told me he fixed that
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

no he didnt, well its on the 1.8 list
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

PLEASE GO BACK, PLAY 1.4b!

it's always people thinking the old crap is better for nostalgic reasons, then they play it an notice what a crap it was
Rutzy\Vw\

Post by Rutzy\Vw\ »

Yep exactly like mark rein. you are a worthless human being.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

se7en:
open User.ini you should see something like this:
[DefaultPlayer]
Name=2COOL4-U
Class=Engine.Pawn
Character=Gorge
team=1
ShortName=Jeroen
Position=0
ShirtNumber=0