New Cube and Details settings

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

SpikeBall

New Cube and Details settings

Post by SpikeBall »

I use my details on Normal, because i like to have good FPS on UT2003 game modes, but for DB, I can use High and everything runs OK. With the new Cube, I'll have to switch "Details Level" everytime I play DB or another UT2k3 modes, in order to view all Cube (new) details.

The question is: Couldn't DB use another *.ini to store my details at High while the original *.ini for UT2003 keep my normal configs?
NLGeert

Post by NLGeert »

don;t do that becaus i cant play then if i do cube map and wiht highdetail to vieuw they screen and stuff it doesn't work i see above all black and big numbers form they time
ßig ßaby

Post by ßig ßaby »

yeah, two different ini´s would be good
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

NLGeert wrote: don;t do that becaus i cant play then if i do cube map and wiht highdetail to vieuw they screen and stuff it doesn't work i see above all black and big numbers form they time

rofl geert, back again? that the screen doesnt work for you doesnt mean its broken :p
it works for the majority of people here, i've had it one time, but restarting UT2l3 fixed it :rolleyes:
Bazzi

Post by Bazzi »

There will be the option to switch inis in the new DeathBall Start programme. But it isn't finished yet and just a few features will make it into DB 1.7 release!
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

Just add -ini=deathball.ini to ur shortcut? O_o
=KeX=Tank-Bird

Post by =KeX=Tank-Bird »

i've created my own db ini's....one deathball.ini instead of the ut2003.ini and one dbuser.ini instead of the user.ini of ut2k3...then added this line to my shortcut...

D:\Games\UT2003\System\UT2003.exe -mainmenu=deathball.db_mainmenu ini=Deathball.ini userini=DBUser.ini

and it works fine.
moonhead

Post by moonhead »

Bazzi wrote: There will be the option to switch inis in the new DeathBall Start programme. But it isn't finished yet and just a few features will make it into DB 1.7 release!

Just my little pet peeve:

programme = televison or any other use of the normal word 'programme'
program = computer program

In this context, should be 'program'. That's the English language for you.
Thankyou and goodbye.
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

you're doing it all wrong moon, it should be "ktnxbye" :|