sprinting is teh suxxor

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

mannyfresh027

Post by mannyfresh027 »

night wrote: anyway, they will come around eventually.
'cept surge and 027, but no loss there :p

pfft... 027 pwns teh deathball

surge, well, sure is okay for a noob
Goffus

Post by Goffus »

It s a great addition to the game. It makes the game faster and gives this mod more depth.

Tho you shouldnt make stamina going up faster in your own penalty zone. It would more logical to get the stamina going up faster anywhere on the field if you just stand still (or when you re crouched like it has been said)

And i wouldnt like to see stamina going down faster when you sprint. It s like ppl couldnt sprint for 6sec straight ? I'd prefer you just leave this the way it is atm. :)

Great job anyway :)
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

theberkin8or wrote: "it'd be fine with me if sprint was added to the game... after the league" surge

i am confused has surge once again realized he opened his month before the game had even started to stablize after a change? or is he just lying?

no, i said sprinting sucked, lagged the servers, sucked, made me lose my trails after goals, sucked and did i say sucked?

anyhow, i'd be fine if they were impemented after league play because we all know deathballs going to shit because of too many radical changes and well, i dont plan to stay around past this league and many others arnt either.

The entire SoP clan is only playing DB till the Tactical mod comes out for UT2003. Some may play DB now and then afterwards but considering the fact that were in first in both leagues A and B, thats gotta say something about the game if were quitting. Thats like the Harlem Globetrotters leaving basketball but as of now we have no reason to play. With all these tweaks to the game it makes it more and more n00b friendly and almost any idiot can shoot a curve shot in on a keep thats not expecting it. Any idiot can boost off a defender and sprint to a safe place, grab the ball and score. Theres no challenge to DB anymore, just frustration. Between server crashes and horrible FPS its almost not worth playing.

Most people that have played DB for a while know that in 1.3b and 1.4b that SoP, RusH, L7 and NS had the most talented players on them by far. Since 1.5 gameplay has become not a game of skill but a game of "who can spam intercept more passes" or "who can catch the keep off guard with a banana shot". Its just not fun anymore. In the past week or so i'v played a total of 6 games and i'm no where near as good as i used to be and honestly i'v stopped trying to be good at DB and just started trying to play for fun. I have no chance against a defender that can hammer away all volley throwups, all passes, and most somewhat good shots... Its just not worth my time and effort and most players from the big 4 in NA would agree.

Its hard to have fun in a game where you spend 80% of the game chasing the ball in slow motion, telling people how to play because they cant even use right click to pass, watching people throw banana shots off into oblivion or just being jerk offs in general.

What ever happened to deathball? my once simple, care-free past time? Things change, yes, but usually not for the worse. If you released 1.7 tomorrow and all it had was what was in 1.3b i dont think you'd get too many complaints. If anyone complained about "wheres my banana shot?!" or "Why can't i sprint?!" then they dont know what deathball is. I'v been rugging this game out since 1.0 and it was great till 1.5 arrived. The current path deathball is on isnt a good one and most of the people i play with on a regular basis would agree that this game will be non-existant by 2.0 if you keep complicating it. Keep it simple. Keep it alive.
night

Post by night »

Originally posted by Surge
The entire SoP clan is only playing DB till the Tactical mod comes out for UT2003. Some may play DB now and then afterwards but considering the fact that were in first in both leagues A and B, thats gotta say something about the game if were quitting. Thats like the Harlem Globetrotters leaving basketball but as of now we have no reason to play.

that being why this is the *qualification* round. afterwards the top teams will be together. you could have just put them together then, everyone knows the top teams, but thats not right

With all these tweaks to the game it makes it more and more n00b friendly and almost any idiot can shoot a curve shot in on a keep thats not expecting it.

because it was new. its not really new anymore and few goalies fall for it now

Any idiot can boost off a defender and sprint to a safe place, grab the ball and score.

boost is the problem, sprint is not. boost completely raped this game. but no one will listen to me about it. ppl use boost as an excuse to not cover a man. everyone can run up the field like noobs and when they lose the ball, "hey no big deal, ill boost to get back and save my lazy noob ass". few people in this game know how to mark a man correctly

Theres no challenge to DB anymore, just frustration.

because the game has reached its peak in this state. there is little seperation in skills anymore. i used to couldnt score for shit, and was pretty much the only d on our team. now we have been playing the same thing so long a large majority is good at everything.
frustration, read my irc quote. that is exactly what is frustrating. you said it yourself --> "Its hard to have fun in a game where you spend 80% of the game chasing the ball in slow motion"

Between server crashes and horrible FPS its almost not worth playing.

there have always been server crashes. just ask L7. and i have never had this lag ppl keep talking about with curve and sprint

Most people that have played DB for a while know that in 1.3b and 1.4b that SoP, RusH, L7 and NS had the most talented players on them by far. Since 1.5 gameplay has become not a game of skill but a game of "who can spam intercept more passes" or "who can catch the keep off guard with a banana shot". Its just not fun anymore. In the past week or so i'v played a total of 6 games and i'm no where near as good as i used to be and honestly i'v stopped trying to be good at DB and just started trying to play for fun. I have no chance against a defender that can hammer away all volley throwups, all passes, and most somewhat good shots... Its just not worth my time and effort and most players from the big 4 in NA would agree.

i think my above comments cover most of that. 1.5 was a f*** up. david fixed that in 1.6. i was out for a month and coming back i see shitloads of new faces. they are good cuz they came late and our taking the game as it is. there are way the f*** to many veterans bitching about changes when they should be the ones to welcome additions and beat up on the noobs harder. *it is these additions that will further seperate skill level*, THAT is where the challenge is.

... telling people how to play because they cant even use right click to pass, watching people throw banana shots off into oblivion or just being jerk offs in general.

this is all about pubs and noobs. nothing to do with deathball and where its going.

What ever happened to deathball? my once simple, care-free past time? Things change, yes, but usually not for the worse. If you released 1.7 tomorrow and all it had was what was in 1.3b i dont think you'd get too many complaints. If anyone complained about "wheres my banana shot?!" or "Why can't i sprint?!" then they dont know what deathball is. I'v been rugging this game out since 1.0 and it was great till 1.5 arrived. The current path deathball is on isnt a good one and most of the people i play with on a regular basis would agree that this game will be non-existant by 2.0 if you keep complicating it. Keep it simple. Keep it alive.

whatever happen to doom ? that awesome simple 2d shooter. this is the same arguement that happens to everything. look how many ppl bitched that UT2 was crap compared to the older UT. and how many ppl bitch and dog war3 cuz starcraft was 'better'.
things will progress. i assure you these forums keep david in check, but its idotic to thing he doesnt want to add to the game. if he had just released 1.0 and never touched it again, you wouldnt be playing it now either.

now lemme go dig out my pong....

Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

I still play doom :p

ZDOOM PWNS! \o/
WarHor3

Post by WarHor3 »

Sure its extra hard to defend and takes a long time to fill back up...ITS SUPPOSED TO! IF you just sprint lets say 30 yards like in db...5 secs later u can't to the same thing. Its called realism. There is a big sprint bar...use it wisely. Its just another cool tactic in the game. I say keep it. It shouldn't lag the game any more, unless you got something worse than me cause its fine on my AMD DURON 900mhz geoforce 4 card. THe only thing against it would b its lenght prolly.
Z_Man

Post by Z_Man »

You people talk about the 6 sec sprint being realistic...since when is DB a realism mod?!? For good gameplay it should be 2-3 seconds. If sprint stays similar to the way it is now in the next version I guess I'll just stick to the no sprint servers. A pity since a well-tuned sprint would make the game a lot better and more interesting, as opposed to how it is now which practically ruins the gameplay.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

this game is developing, of course n00bs are geting better faster, it is not a flaw with the game it is the fact that a lot of what makes players better is the tricks they use, as you saw with dribbling it take a long time to figure out these tricks but when they are figured out everyone is using them, which is going to make them better, i know when i first started, even the better players weren't doing half of the stuff they are doing now. we have figured out new things to do, through trial and error, the n00bs don't have to do this they have lots of good players to copy and learn from. the volley radius has made things a bit better for the n00b but what other change do you think has made the game more n00b friendly? certainly banna hasn't and sprint won't becuase they are skilled based (especailly sprint), if they can score with a banna it is cuz they have skill with it, if they can beat you with sprint then they are skilled with jukes.

beleave if you just left db in any verson it would die anyway, ppl would get bored, there would be new tricks but there are only so many tricks that are valvable, game play would get stale cuz we would have done it 100 times.

to remain stagnant would kill db just as fast as any thing davidm could do, if you and your clan want to leave db becuase you don't like the direction db is going well that is your choice but know that leaving db exactaly the same would have done the same thing, if not now it would have latter
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

WarHor3 wrote: Its called realism.

Take your CD out of the drive. Real the title "Unreal Tournament". then stick your cd in the microwave and watch the fireworks.
night

Post by night »

theberkin8or wrote:

i swear to god i was the first person to dribble. seriously.

and im most upset at its nerfing devil

i used to to some great 1v1 moves to get around ppl.
Last edited by night on 11-03-2003 09:21, edited 1 time in total.
f1end

Post by f1end »

night...u say boosting "raped" deathball...but when was it added?????
is it a new feature?????
were u playing the game b4 u could boost people???

...?

And...berk... I reckon if deathball was still on 1.4b now, there would be a lot more happy ballers out there...and a better quality of n00bs too. By all means change deathball with time...but allow at least 'some' time to pass b4 changing it so much, the versions are comming out far too quick. I don't like to give CS as an example here cos i know how some of u feel about that mod...but it has been out for over 3 years, and is only on v 1.5....deathball is on more than that already.
Last edited by f1end on 11-03-2003 12:39, edited 1 time in total.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

aparently you never played 1.3 or 1.4... they needed fixing VERY fast.. they were damn near unplayable
f1end

Post by f1end »

Thats slightly different...I did play them...but they were like beta's if u ask me...i wouldn't consider them final releases....and anyway...all that happened is they got a 'b' after the number...if they were included we'd be on v 1.8 by now :/
Cyph

Post by Cyph »

Er, Counter-Strike went through betas 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.1, 2.2, 3.0, 3.1, and about twenty other iterations before even getting to alpha status.

The only difference with Deathball is that they're not giving them beta numbers. Either way who cares? I don't think they're being released particularly fast, although now most of the planned features are implemented, I think (?), most of the releases are going to be simple tweaking.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

we shall see if davidm has the balls to put in offsides, i would be a guttsy move with all the ppl that are upset(i am not showing support or disaproval of the idea only taht it is a big risk), but other than that db should have most of it features, once we get past these things they can worry about wonderful things like player models, and team scoring, and making the bots stop playing like their mom was on drugs before they were born