Football Logic!!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

then look again which team was doing a little better and had more chances ;)
hint: it wasnt barcelona
Messy

Post by Messy »

fb.shev wrote: Messy... stop trying to be smart. its not logical its boring and OVerly strenuous

I was acting overly stupid there o_O
Should I add sarcasm tags next time?
GoldenGun

Post by GoldenGun »

Arsenal deserved to win that game.
They had far more and better chances than Barca. Ljunberg played a great match. But it was expectable that they wouldn't be able to play with 10 men full power the entire match. Barca didn't show anything.
M is right though.
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

i agree that "star" players didn't really perform well (not as much as we expect from them anyway) but look at ronaldinho's beautiful pass followed by Larson's touch which led to the goal, look at Henry dribbling past two barca defenders, Campell's exemplary header.. etc. if all of that can't satisfy you then yeah .. watch liverpool :D
Deserving to win has nothing to do with how much chances you get. Arsenal players got many many EASY chances and weren't able to score, Barca players attacked during most of the game, and also had a lot of chances, they missed some, but they were able to score, twice .. conclusion : they deserved to win.
Wenger's substitutions were completely pointless, while Rikjaard's proved to be crucial. I think that's what made the real difference.
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

Messy wrote: I was acting overly stupid there o_O
Should I add sarcasm tags next time?

please do, you usually go with davidm all the time anyway and it wasnt a sarcastic looking post i.m.o.

p.s. If you want excitiment support liverpool, now we give you hawt finals :P

milan, sau paulo, west ham, alaves, arsenal, chelsea.....
Messy

Post by Messy »

I support Togo.
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

fb.shev wrote: please do, you usually go with davidm all the time anyway and it wasnt a sarcastic looking post i.m.o.

p.s. If you want excitiment support liverpool, now we give you hawt finals :P

milan, sau paulo, west ham, alaves, arsenal, chelsea.....

Yes, Liverpool always plays great finals. But wasnt it 0-1 against Sau Paulo?
GoldenGun

Post by GoldenGun »

slimshady wrote: i agree that "star" players didn't really perform well (not as much as we expect from them anyway) but look at ronaldinho's beautiful pass followed by Larson's touch which led to the goal, look at Henry dribbling past two barca defenders, Campell's exemplary header.. etc. if all of that can't satisfy you then yeah .. watch liverpool :D
Deserving to win has nothing to do with how much chances you get. Arsenal players got many many EASY chances and weren't able to score, Barca players attacked during most of the game, and also had a lot of chances, they missed some, but they were able to score, twice .. conclusion : they deserved to win.
Wenger's substitutions were completely pointless, while Rikjaard's proved to be crucial. I think that's what made the real difference.

i still think they played better. ( at least until the 70th minute)
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

Jelly wrote: Yes, Liverpool always plays great finals. But wasnt it 0-1 against Sau Paulo?

yes, but didnt you watch the match? some times its not always about lifting the trophy, we showed the whole world how exciting and well mannered football we can play.....their keeper was like a flying agita
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

anyway, the point is:
rino makes fun of me, because I say the team that is one man down has a mental advantage...but they lost though.

so?
T3rm1n4T0r
Banned

Post by T3rm1n4T0r »

HaHa
tbh, who doesn't make fun of you? Open your eyes pls ...
StRaFe

Post by StRaFe »

This aint deathball mate this is professional football.. hey its barca.

We had little chance when lehmann went , we had no shape up front etc, thierry alone was not enough so...

We deserved the win though imo, 10 men didnt help us though :p, i would have rather seen a goal and lehmann stay.

Congrats barca
bloodeh

Post by bloodeh »

But i dont think a goal and no red card would have been a advantage. Like you said, "its barca" and they shown in the last rounds, how to defend a lead (especially against milan).

The chance to win wasnt that smal this way (barca came back very late and maybe just cause of larsson) - otherwise i dont know if arsenal would have had a that big chance to win...

(but it was definitely no advantage to lose 1 men, cause barca is to clever and the arsenal-players were fighting for their lives anyway. playing that long with 10players was doubtless the reason of diminishing power and concentration in the last minutes)
Last edited by bloodeh on 19-05-2006 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

henry is staying in Arsenal.

good choice imo
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

im talking about the general mental advantage you have with one less.
-at first you have nothing to lose, makes it a lot easier
-then all fight even more to compensate the missing player
-and the enemy team fights less because it seems to be easier now

all these points generally make a red card not really have a big effect on the game

psychology is like 50-70% in all sports and 90+% cant handle it properly....
same in tennis, billard, deathball