Silliest logical mistake you made

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

andyfrank

Post by andyfrank »

The worst mistake i made was on the level 49. I solved it within a few minutes, but kept misspelling the password. I tried it like 5 times, and figured it was the wrong answer. I spent about an hour trying to find something else. Then I realized I'd been spelling it wrong the entire time.
djl00p

Post by djl00p »

on level 9 i found the answer hidden in the source code and i never thought sing it as un and pw. i wasted two days googling to find what it is
TeenSpirit

Post by TeenSpirit »

you seem to learn the most when you go off track.
i spent far too long on 3. i had all the pieces of information, but couldn't seem to put them together :/
then again on 6 I found out a lot of interesting things, not many of them helpful, but interesting all the same.
my problem is that I am far too creative in what I think I should be doing to get the answer, instead of being lateral.
I like it best when I'm off track, it's kinda sad to solve them and have to move on :(
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Oh, then maybe Wayfarer's riddle might be a good riddle for you, too :)
Check the Other riddles thread ;)
potat0

Post by potat0 »

I read that we will need earlier levels to do later ones. Wil I need levels 1-10?
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

It's better to write down ALL levels, including 1-10 ;)
i

Post by i »

update: more idiocy!!111
#46: used a wrong tool, got some strange lines that actually shouldn't be there. kept me off the track for half an hour...
#48: FINALLY learnt to NEVER google without "-notpron".
#52: painfully learnt that the background image as well as the sound can sometimes be simply meaningless...
#56: was misled by my visual sense of proportion which made me think of a slightly different level idea.
#63: thought i already knew everything about ligatures... got proven wrong.
#74: got damn misled by an egg saying "close but no cigar"...
#-19: kept entering a word with two wrong letters.
#-23: had the right idea, found it way too unplausible to even try...
#-24: did some absolute bullshit: found a correct part of the word in a completely wrong way, did the rest by guessing. the fact that i got to #-25 this way kept me sticking to the wrong interpretation, finally i looked out for a fucking walkthrough to see what i was doing wrong, and i didn't even understand the walkthrough... argh... argh... argh... :noob: :noob: :noob:
#-33: just was a n00b... saying more would spoil the level...
#-36: doing this level in fearcountry before reaching it in notpron IS a fucking mistake, though not a silly one since i couldn't guess that the fearcountry version is about twice as easy than the notpron one.
#-41: my handwriting sux. it does.
Last edited by i on 21-06-2006 11:01, edited 1 time in total.
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

No guesses.
Mighty Midget

Post by Mighty Midget »

So people getting too much out of the clues in the riddles are fun, eh? Ehrm! I do that constantly. Mental diagrams like nothing like it. Turning "URL" into "cappuchino wilderbeests congregating on the Black Rose druid's lap" and so on. But I hardly ever read the hint threads thoroughly! Silliest mistake? Enjoying it :D
Sam_Atoms

Post by Sam_Atoms »

Hmm, I guess I never did tell mine, huh?

OK.

I entered a door...... and I would never be the same......
dory

Post by dory »

lvl 57: I thought I got the right answer, but changing the url did not work. I read the hints, googled a bit more but couldn't find another answer. Came back the next day, tried changing the url again...and then it hit me: It was a username/password level!!! :D
Klaxa

Post by Klaxa »

Mine was on level 61: I believed all the pics there were identical, took one at random and tried everything in Gimp with it, in order to find the answer (even made some very artistic things with the light effect and distorts :)) I was almost sure that the password "cracking" thing was there just for fun! Thanks, Kisa, for opening my eyes!
chulen

Post by chulen »

maybe not the silliest, but one i have to remember...

i was on level2, i did it the address way, and thought i was cheating... almost quit the game because of that "mistake"
mephistopheles

Post by mephistopheles »

My silliest mistake so far was yesterday night on level 36.

I misinterpreted the hint in the source as abbreviation for "power spectral density" and tried almost 30 minutes to figure out, how this could be helpful :-)
namaah

Post by namaah »

i've made too many mistakes to count , most of them being typo's and spelling one i remember was level 67

i knew the first part as soon i saw it and suprisingly it was that simple , same with the second part, typed in the answer , didn't work so i thought well i shouldn't expect the second on to be so easy aswell , starting reading more into the details of *** , tried all the names it has been refered to through time , tried anything remotely related to the type of *** it was (and alot of unrelatd things) ,tried converting all those things to german, french, dutch...etc (where i got the idea for that i'll never know ><), finally asked a freind for help to find out i had the right answer within seconds of first seeing the picture had just spelt it wrong ><