Source Code

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

What browser are you using?
Tripleblue52

OMGZORZ I SOLVED EVERYONES PROBLEMS!

Post by Tripleblue52 »

Thank you Frvade! If anyone has internet explorer and viewing the source code doesn't work, REMOVE THAT SHORTCUT TO NOTEPAD FROM YOUR DESKTOP! I found that out in one of the Frvade forums. So, if you have a shortcut to notepad on your desktop, you have to remove it, or you cannot view the source code.

Note: This is all true (that I know of) for Windows XP users using Internet Exploder. Er.... Explorer. Heh..... I'm not indirectly saying that Internet Explorer sucks! I MEAN IT! ;)______ :confused:
NinjaCat

Post by NinjaCat »

I understand how to get into the source and everything, but how do you download somthing that is on the source. I figure it goes in the address bar, but I can't get it to work. I have somthing like /something/something. Is this the the entire HTML I need to download whatever it is, is the other part the original HTML, or is the other part only part of the original HTML. I've tried everything and I can't get it to work.
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

I hope I understood your problem ...

Imagine you have a file "folder/page.htm"

The source of this page tells you that the page displays two pictures, "pic1.jpg" and "../otherfolder/pic2.jpg".

To download these files (instead of rightclicking and saving them, I know, but this works for all other files the same), you edit the URL as the following:

For pic1, you erase what's behind "folder/" and add the file name, so you get "folder/pic.jpg".

For pic2, you earse what's behind the "folder/" AND the part "folder/" itself (that's what the "../" in the link tells you to do). Then you add the rest of the link to the URL, so you have "otherfolder/pic2.jpg" in the URL.

The same method works for any other file, e.g. MP3 files, ZIP files or stuff like that.

For some files, right after the download a program opens, which is most probably NOT wanted during notpron.
Then you should PM the whole URL to yourself (with this forum's Private Message system), open the PM, right-click on the so created link and select Save target as ...
NinjaCat

Post by NinjaCat »

I think I understand what you're saying, but does that go right after the deathball.net or what? I did that and it didn't work.
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

You forgot the notpron part ... I was talking only about the last part of the URL, no matter what's before.
There could even be some crap like "thisdomain.com/folder1/folder2/folder3/folder4/folder5/" before the "folder/page.htm" or nothing at all ... for the stuff I took as example, you ONLY change the "folder/page.htm" parts ...
Last edited by Kisa on 18-04-2006 09:56, edited 1 time in total.
NinjaCat

Post by NinjaCat »

I had already done that before, but for some stupid reason I had left the htm at the end. Thanks I've got it working now.
ballnturtle12

Post by ballnturtle12 »

ok so i deleted the temporary internet files and all that good stuff....and still....nothing happens when i click view source....is there anything else i should try???
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Find the file in your browser cache.

Or use a proper browser ...
g_man1679

Post by g_man1679 »

i have no problem viewin the page source but i cant find a source code. where is it?

edit: sorry

neways i spotted the source but i cant figur out a way to convert it. i've tried using different converters but all i get is some crazy shit like )@ or %5 how the fuck do i use this?
Last edited by g_man1679 on 19-04-2006 04:25, edited 1 time in total.
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Erm, the page source IS the source code.
No need to convert anything, the page source code is plain text, you should be able to read it straight from any text editor :)
g_man1679

Post by g_man1679 »

i thought the source code was the series of numbers at the bottom?

so is the UN/PW just embedded in the page source?
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

If you have a level (you know which) question, go to the level thread (you know which) :D

And since you already solved several password levels, you should know that the password is in a different place in every level :)
The source, the pic and the passwordbox (and sometimes other files pointed to in the source/level) contain almost always useful hints :)
Keko

Post by Keko »

:lol: yesyes! i found it finally. I was so close before.....! pay attention to the word 'nothing''. that helped me....:)
redlady

Post by redlady »

yikes sorry