1.7 beta

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

1234Bedlam

Post by 1234Bedlam »

DavidM wrote: only n00b keeps sit on the bar \o/

hmmm do I mention n00b mappers who include their picture in their maps, yes its still there :rolleyes:

(on a side note Cube 3 rocks, as does 1.7 in general)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

helty, i will make a list of all stats and add them to the rules/about on db.net in a bit, go check it later
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Stats:

F1:
Goals X/Y - Goals shot, X in enemy goal, Y in own goal
Touches - How often you picked up the ball
Intercepts - How often you picked up a ball that's coming from the enemy (exception keeper)
Passes X/Y - X good passes to team mates, Y fault passes to enemies (exception enemy keeper)
Saves X/Y - X balls caught and volleyed coming from the enemy when you are keeper. Y goals scored by the enemy team while you were keeper.
Missed - You get a missed (chance) when you hit the post or when you shoot at the enemy keeper. When you hit the post but the ball goes in after that it's no missed chance.
Assists - You being last or 2nd last assist for a goal. (last assist gets you a better ranking for the awards in F3 screen)
Tackles X/Y - You have been hurt Y times by enemy, you hurt enemy X times.
Carry Time - How long you have been carrying the ball.

F3 Team Comparison:
Possession - Average % both teams held the ball.
Volleys - How often a volley was used.
Hatticks - How often a player scored 3 goals in a row without any other player scoring in between.
Home Runs - When you carry the ball into the goal without shooting

Awards:
They are all self explaining except:
Snail - Player that holds the ball for the longest time in average (depends on ball touches and hold time). Those who run around with the ball for hours without passing, you know.
Assists - For a "last assist" you get 2 points in that ranking, for 2nd last assists 1 point. So the F1 stats are not telling the thruth here.

Goals:
It's showing the last 17 goals:
Time - Last Assist - Scorer
an_old_man

Post by an_old_man »

I like most of the new beta. :) I don’t know if this has been said or not, but the way catch is now, it is hard to tell if you have the ball or not. A fix might be to have the gun change colors when you have the ball, I think green would be the best choice. Like a green tint to gun or something.
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

do you think u should rename home runs to touch downs or trys maybe? since those are more like carrying a ball into a zone than a home run is. Home runs always seem to remind me of somebody hitting the ball out of the field O_o (yeah I know what it really is btw)

Which brings me to the next point... what about a stat for how many times you make the ball reset?
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

ya, that little dealy ontop the gun pops up and theres a sound that you hear when you catch it but still

*continues to blast music while playing*

oh btw, is that "falling jump" bug being adressed? It was kind of annoying only jumping 6 inches off the ground and hovering.

i think your counter needs to reset faster or something cause it was buggin' out
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

the new beta...

...fn awesome :D
hiausd

Post by hiausd »

For the awards add the numbers next to the player names i.e. Most Interceptions: X (15) k thx
L33FY

Post by L33FY »

hiausd wrote: For the awards add the numbers next to the player names i.e. Most Interceptions: X (15) k thx

Yeah that would be cool. Like

Volleywhore: Affli (49)

:d
heLTy

Post by heLTy »

i agrre with R3l!k, home runs is not the right word....

And, is it possible to change colors of the F3 boards? .... i'm sick when i watch it....
Onge

Post by Onge »

I take it back, there are a few things that I don't like:

-Shot power-up sound: I can barely hear when others are powering up...And after the majority said they were happy with it in 1.6 on that thread of DavidM's...

-Can people still abuse the boomstick? (thought I saw some try with some success).

Erm, that's all. Can't wait to see how it pans out...Will another beta or two be released until all the bugs/issues are ironed out? Any closer to finding out what causes makes the server crash (other than shortname changes)?
Last edited by Onge on 20-06-2003 12:25, edited 1 time in total.
fro

Post by fro »

align the texture on one of the walls in cube :D

12:46:28] <[1234]Jr> dont u think its daft they dun the cool screen and stuff and the textures on the walls STILL dont align?
[12:46:58] <froste> ooh.. i meant to mention that
[12:47:14] <froste> at least its just one wall out of 4 that doesnt align... hes improving

:D
BloodyLoony

Post by BloodyLoony »

Still think the weapon model needs alot of work on animation.
It's very stiff in every situation and it's the one thing that makes me not feel like I'm contact with the game... and btw the old green blast thing from the shield gun is missing.. we need something similar with the new model.
NaB

Post by NaB »

after testing it last night in scrims this is what we came up with.

1) crowd is too fecking loud on cube.
2) drop the ball if u pick it up just as your about to hit someone. (used to be a prob before 1.3 as well i think)
3) the flying keeper thing (flying keeper is pressing up and jump repeatedly as keeper)
4) speach bubbles suck
5) stood on the edge of area with "you are in enemy pen box" icon but dont get killed.
6) now there is only 1 gun ppl cant tell if they got the ball or not. needs to be more noticeable. I rekon make the players own catch sound (the zoom sounding one) louder/more noticeable (and the crowd less so)
7) Bedlam rekons lamers will abuse shortnames too much, suggested to have 2 boxes for your name. One for a name (which goes in your beacon) and one for a tag (which isnt shown in your beacon) but i guess youd have to make it so ppl could choose to put the tag at the begging or end of their name.
8) some keepers (no names mentioned) complained about not being able to stand on the bar :p
Last edited by NaB on 20-06-2003 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
Cyph

Post by Cyph »

"-Shot power-up sound: I can barely hear when others are powering up..." I think that's kinda good, it takes out some of the effectiveness of pbox camping and means a defender has to be very close to the attacker to do any good.