Creativity test

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

xLarryGuyx

Post by xLarryGuyx »

cyberman doesnt like to play mario on sunday so therefore telephones ring
BunnyS

Post by BunnyS »

xLarryGuyx wrote: cyberman doesnt like to play mario on sunday so therefore telephones ring

Love it :D I so agree :)

ok just for fun another random question

"why are smilies normally yellow? "
Nicky

Post by Nicky »

Because if they were invisible you wouldn't be able to see them
JustWondering

Post by JustWondering »

I read through this entire thread in one day... sad isnt it?

To answer the original question (as if it hasnt already been answered to death) manhole covers arent round. They only appear to be round in our limited three-dimensional perception of our four-dimensional world. The erosion of the manhole covers causes them to gradually become smaller and smaller until eventually they blow away in the wind. If we were to imagine the manhole cover and include the time dimension in our thoughts, we would realize that manhole covers are not actually round, but would be more of a cone shape. =) Therefore, the pigeons, which understand much more about time, space, and the meaning of life than we do, see them as cone shaped.
Nicky

Post by Nicky »

ive read through the whole tread :)

i dare you to read the whole level one thread :D
BunnyS

Post by BunnyS »

ok I will see you in a week or so when I'm done :)
w0mbat

Post by w0mbat »

lol, i did NOT read the whole thread, but i found an explanation for the manhole question ;) (if anyone is still interested :D )

hope this wasn't already posted...

but, they're round because, if they were triangular, it would really really hurt SO much more... http://ebaumsworld.com/2005/12/stuckinsewer.html ;)
lanky_rich

Post by lanky_rich »

Manhole covers are round because under every single one is a miniture stargate (and everyone knows stargates are round) leading to a distant subterranean world.
DJShine

Post by DJShine »

Once upon a time there was a girl called Sally. This little girl liked throwing tea parties. One day, she threw a tea party for all of the little boys and girls on her street (fruit juice though, not tea, come on, when was the last time an ankle biter used a kettle!)

At the party was a little boy called Johnny. Johnny liked Sally but was too scared to tell her. One day, (yes I know the party seems insignificant now but hey, it's my story, and I don't need the party anymore!) Johnny decided to write Sally a love letter.

"Dear Sally, I think you're great, will you be my girlfriend?" the letter said.

Sadly, on his way to post the letter through Sally's door there was a big gust of wind that blew the letter out of Johnny's hands and he wasn't fast enough to catch it. He decided he would carve his note on the tree outside her house, surely she'd see it there (and surely if he got caught his parents would be slapped with a fine and an ASBO but hey!)

The next day, he carved his note on the tree. But that afternoon he heard his Dad talking to Sally's Dad about the rotten tree in her front garden and how there was a lumberjack over there now cutting it down! He ran over to the house and called Sally out, hoping to show her the note before the tree fell down.

Tragically, the tree fell on the both and they both ended up in a coma for twenty years before finally floating up to heaven (abrupt I know but hey, it's my story!)

When they were in heaven, Johnny told Sally what he had done, and she fell in love with him. They both lived in heaven happily for years, and both got jobs as a waiter and waitress for God's angels. One night, while she was bringing a tray of prawn toast out for the angels to snack on (it was Chinese night!) she dropped her tray. It fell through the clouds beneath her and plummeted towards earth at such a velocity it ploughed traight through the ground, cutting a perfect circle in the road, releasing the stench of the sewers below.

God saw this and sacked Sally. When Johnny heard what had happened, he fell to his knees in tears because Sally had upset God, but he had a tray in his hands at the time, and this too fell through the clouds. Now because Johnny was a strong man, his tray was a bit bigger than Sally's and by pure blind luck, plummeted to earth in exactly the same spot as Sally's.

However, there was a man peering into the hole at the time and it hit him on the head, slowing it down so it didn't go through the ground, but plugged Sally's hole right up (No sexual inuendo's there please!)

All the people standing around thought this was a wonderful solution, and to this day, whenever an angel drops a tray and it cuts a hole in the ground, man makes a copy of Johnny's tray and plugs it right up again.

So, why are manhole covers round? Because Sally's a clumsy bitch!
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

:lol: Nice story!
DJShine

Post by DJShine »

Thanks! :p
Nicky

Post by Nicky »

:lol:
Snake-Aes

Post by Snake-Aes »

Oh...my...god....
<almost had a heart attack with the laughs>
summy

Post by summy »

seven

I am 100% sure!
BunnyS

Post by BunnyS »

BunnyS wrote: ok I will see you in a week or so when I'm done :)

ok I'm done finally !! now I can sleep and eat and do all the others things I have missed out on ^^