Small Riddles

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Futile

Post by Futile »

Orio, #6 is actually a paradox, not a riddle. It is better known as the executioner's paradox:

[edit: hmm i don't wanna spoil it.]

The paradox is that the teacher gives the pop quiz on wednesday. Nobody expected it, so it was indeed a pop quiz.
Last edited by Futile on 14-01-2006 04:21, edited 1 time in total.
Orio

Post by Orio »

Meep got #6 right.

Orio.
Lord Lio

Post by Lord Lio »

bit of math...

RIDDLE #7

36=10

68590184110=?
chulen

Post by chulen »

Lord Lio wrote: bit of math...

RIDDLE #7

36=10

68590184110=?

68590184110=victory
quite easy :D
wont spoil the method though
falscherHase

Post by falscherHase »

This looks like fun. I got one too. Don't mind the topic it's still pure logic and no joke.

Riddle #8
There are two men and two women. Each of them has a different sexually transmitted disease (so four different diseases in total). But each man wants to sleep with both women (this means four acts of love, if you can speak of acts of love under these circumstances ). The problem is they only have two condoms. After some thinking one of them got the idea how it will work so that noone catches a disease from another one. You see they are some thoughtful fellows. It is obvious that they have to use condoms more than one time (though this is not recommended). So, what's their plan?
Futile

Post by Futile »

haha i love this one. it gets very messy very fast :D
falscherHase wrote: This looks like fun. I got one too. Don't mind the topic it's still pure logic and no joke.

Riddle #8
There are two men and two women. Each of them has a different sexually transmitted disease (so four different diseases in total). But each man wants to sleep with both women (this means four acts of love, if you can speak of acts of love under these circumstances ). The problem is they only have two condoms. After some thinking one of them got the idea how it will work so that noone catches a disease from another one. You see they are some thoughtful fellows. It is obvious that they have to use condoms more than one time (though this is not recommended). So, what's their plan?
Futile

Post by Futile »

chulen wrote: 68590184110=victory
quite easy :D
wont spoil the method though

:eek:

how the heck did you get that?
chulen

Post by chulen »

think why 36=10...
Futile

Post by Futile »

crazy maths? :P
Hex

Post by Hex »

OMG, I know riddle 7... I used it in my riddle! :lol:
Lizardman

Post by Lizardman »

Hex wrote: OMG, I know riddle 7... I used it in my riddle! :lol:

I take note of that ;)
madFenris

Post by madFenris »

falscherHase wrote: This looks like fun. I got one too. Don't mind the topic it's still pure logic and no joke.

Riddle #8

2 girls from da hood, a friend and me just found out what to do *giggles*, should I tell it ?
Futile

Post by Futile »

madFenris wrote: 2 girls from da hood, a friend and me just found out what to do *giggles*, should I tell it ?

did you guys... experiment until it worked? :D
Lord Lio

Post by Lord Lio »

another chance for you people...
don't spoil it this time ;)

RIDDLE #7 - 2

46497722=?

-------------------------------------------------------

[btw, Hex, didn't do your riddle,
but i started it yesterday after reading your post...
it's really a kewl concept...
gave me lots of ideas....]
Lord Lio

Post by Lord Lio »

Futile wrote: here's another riddle about lamps. this one is pretty hard and i've heard the solution once, but forgot it. so post whatever ideas you have!

RIDDLE #4

there are 100 prisoners serving life sentences. they just got transfered to a new prison. the prison warden is a weird math guy, so he gathers up all the prisoners on the first day and says:

welcome. i know you all want to get out of here. so here is a game: there is one room in this prison with just a lamp in it. each day i will randomly select one of you and take you to this room. you may turn the light on, off, or leave it alone. then you will go back to your cell. you may be selected to go to the room more than once.

if at any point, one of you can tell me that all 100 of you have been to that room, then i will release all of you. if you are wrong though, the game is over and you will all be here for the rest of your life.

before the game starts, you guys can talk amongst yourselves and come up with a plan. after that, you will all be separated and will not see each other or be able to communicate with anybody.

there is a genius in the group of 100 that comes up with a plan, and eventually the prisoners were freed. what is this plan?

i got an idea ! :D
but it will take them almost 30 years to make through! :eek: