poll

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Do you like spoilers?

No, the fun comes alone from solving it on my own!
48%
From time to time when I'm really stuck...
46%
I regularly keep googling and asking for solutions.
2%
Gimme a list with all answers so I can have fun!!
4%

Total votes: 414

Romano

Post by Romano »

the most part i try to solve by myself but, is sometimes to hard cuz im from a Latin Country, so my english sucks XD and don't get clues.... sometimes obviusly to u ppl but really hard for me, i try don't ask help, but sometimes i need it to stand the riddle :)

btw, Great Work =)
I <3 DavidM
Runa

Post by Runa »

Romano wrote: the most part i try to solve by myself but, is sometimes to hard cuz im from a Latin Country, so my english sucks XD and don't get clues....

ask for translation XD as I do
I am italian too :lol:
madFenris

Post by madFenris »

For Germans it ain't easy too. Twice I got stuck because my language mislead me.

Some riddles are real fucking hard. Maybe admins should not remove each and every hint in this forum.
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

madfenris.. we clean threads because

(post taken from the FAQ thread)

14. Why do you clean out the threads from time to time?

We do this cause some of you need less hints than others do. We delete all postings except the first postings with the official hints from the mods. That helps to keep the forum spoiler free.

Feel free to ask questions in the thread for your level - you'll always find help here. And for all who are giving hints: You are welcome with doing so. But please understand that we need to clean out the threads from time to time.
madFenris

Post by madFenris »

K, I understand this, some levels (with 4 or more pages of hints and more or less chiffred spoilers) became too easy.

But you just feel a little stupid, when you are stuck in a level and want to ask for help and look at the date the last posting was made and you realize that you are the first person for half a year who needs help on that level ;)

(can a person with normal english knowledge understand what I want to express ?!?)
Runa

Post by Runa »

madFenris wrote: K, I understand this, some levels (with 4 or more pages of hints and more or less chiffred spoilers) became too easy.

But you just feel a little stupid, when you are stuck in a level and want to ask for help and look at the date the last posting was made and you realize that you are the first person for half a year who needs help on that level ;)

(can a person with normal english knowledge understand what I want to express ?!?)

think is off topic. and no, you're not the only one in a year asking for help, just remember FAQ 14 ;)
doccolinni

Post by doccolinni »

If I get REALLY stuck on some level, what do I do?
<- Check my avatar! :p

And about spoilers? I'm against those things, there should be a law against them, but check this:
"Sticky: DON'T POST SPOILERS OR HINTS HERE! We do this!"
What? You guys post spoilers!? :lol: :D :lol:
jooly

Post by jooly »

I had wondered about that myself :D
ThE eUrOdAnCe LoVeR

Post by ThE eUrOdAnCe LoVeR »

Well... Looking for spoilers isn't a good thing, because it would ruin the fun (I know that because this game is FUN ! Well done guys !)... but honestly, if I'm really really really stuck, after months of thinking and not advancing... I would maybe look for one. I voted "from time to time when I'm really stuck". I didn't search for any spoiler yet, but I always used the forum hints for levels 4 to 10.

BTW, I'm not so new. I already started the riddle days before. I'm at level 11. :)
Last edited by ThE eUrOdAnCe LoVeR on 29-09-2006 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
idankutas

Post by idankutas »

I know it's a bit odd to reply to a post so old but I wanted to tell my story here..

First of all I never used or looked for any spoilers. I did come to the forums or asked for help from someone, but I didn't ask for spoilers or answers or anything like that. That will ruin the fun of the game.

I'm at level 30 and a few days ago I passed level 27 after being stuck on it for 4 months (The longest time i've been on a level, before level 27, was a month and a half) I asked for help and eventually I found the solution. I was so excited to finally find the answer. and this feeling is a great feeling that you can't get if you use spoilers.