The golden age of db?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

uberslacker

Post by uberslacker »

here's part of a convo i had with a defender on my team:
<|-NS-|uberslacker> you feel like it would be unfair to d to take the charge sound away?
<|-NS-|FreshFruit> no
<|-NS-|uberslacker> sweet
<|-NS-|FreshFruit> I know it would be harder for the D but at the sametime, yer D should be good enough u shouldnt have to rely on a sound
that basically says it...
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

yeah, like freshfruit is the bringer of light :P

no honestly, I am aiming for teamplay, a lonely attacker shouldnt be able to do much
devnull

Post by devnull »

hey thats my D your dissin :p
uberslacker

Post by uberslacker »

i agree, but if an attacker is close enough to get a shot off, the d has been beaten, aka bad d

it all comes down to the defense, if you have good d, like freshy said, you shouldn't need to depend on a sound
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

dunno, I don't wanna decide now
it all has it's pro's and con's
uberslacker

Post by uberslacker »

just make a beta version with the chargeup sound out and play some scrims with it and let others too, then see what they think and how the games play...

and ps, if you make this beta and if your d sucks with it, don't automatically say that it means the offense has an advantage :p
seriously, if it plays like crap this way i'll shutup, but i really feel that db will play much better with this out
-NS-FreshFruit

Post by -NS-FreshFruit »

I got yer light right here biotch :P
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

the chargeup sound is out atm due to a bug x_X
uberslacker

Post by uberslacker »

a bug... more like a feature

aka w00t
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

ROFL

haha, yeah, i wouldnt mind seeing what its like with the charge sound removed. interesting to see.
uberslacker

Post by uberslacker »

there we go, lets try it, and if its not good, then fine, but let the majority of people interested to try it, and not just your team or whatever
Scotteh

Post by Scotteh »

I would love to try out a new beta with all the current features that are in and without the sound charge :)
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

btw in case you didn't know these are some of the best NA players that are calling for this... it isn't like these guys can't score and are just complaining like some ppl that seem to camplain every time they stop being good. we do have some clue what we are talking about over here hell this would make the game more like you beloved soccer ;) (my beloved too)

lets just try it and get the MASS opinion and then leave that sucker out of here... hell you might even get a couple players to come back to db if you take this out and the rest of the features are good :D
Bodom

Post by Bodom »

Right now the majority of DB is played on 50% of the field, the two pboxes. Why not just make smaller maps if that's what you want this game to be.

David there are cons right now because people are so dependent on the sound. We managed before the sound was in just fine, in fact I think many defenders were better without it. It takes all the skill/predictions out of being a defender. After playing without the sound for a couple of weeks, it'll be clear to those that want it to stay how bad it was holding defenders back.

Why shouldn't a lone attacker be able to do much? Without the sound, if an attacker can get past the D to the pbox, he should be able to score, he earned it. The point of this is to get the defense out of the pbox and moving around, and preventing the offense from getting in scoring position. The game will be more fast paced, and pretty much more fun. Don't believe me? Go play 1.3 or 1.4b, and see how much faster it is.
-NS-KillerRebel

Post by -NS-KillerRebel »

omg... i agree with bodom...

something is wrong in the world and i'm willing to bet it is the current features in DB!!!