Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Fooman

Post by Fooman »

I have a couple problems with 2.4beta as it is. I think it is way too easy to score.

1. Goals should be slightly smaller or let the keeper dodge a little farther.
2. Maybe make the pbox a little bigger.
3. In the 5 on 5 games I've played I think sprinting should be put back in.
4. I think that this version is very good for a move to 6 vs 6 games. 1 keep, 2 defense, 3 offense.

I'm a big proponent of shifting db more toward 6vs6. There are so many more possibilities. Keep it up, glad to see some changes finally happening.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

sprinting sounds tasty tbh. i loved that when we had it :)
uberslacker

Post by uberslacker »

sprinting sounds about as tasty as eating your own barf.
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

uberslacker wrote: sprinting sounds about as tasty as eating your own barf.

That's a bad thing? Just reheat and re-eat.. cause hell, you loved it earlier!
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

Sprinting makes more sense if you don't have a boost. Otherwise gameplay gets too complicated trying to think of everything at once... and too many buttons.

As for code, I'll probably get back on it tomorrow. We'll see (real life keeps happening to me at the moment).
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

Real life sucks, wheres my big red X close button

edit: i accidently clicked on buddy (of my own post) and got this:

vBulletin Message
Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own list.

Sucks to be told your only friend cannot be added to your buddy list
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

We were playing 6vs6 and we got a bug every now and then. After a .2 someone would pick up the ball, but it wouldnt show the rings around that player.

Which I think would be pretty sweet as a feature to test at least. Maybe each player can use it once per game for 20 seconds. No one else would be able to see who had the ball on screen, but could check minimap or just guess. :/

edit: On second thought that sounds pretty stupid.
Last edited by Fooman on 26-09-2005 04:07, edited 1 time in total.
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

6 vs 6

3 forwards
1 defender
1 mid (hangs near ball spawn and/or can assist D or O as needed)
1 keeper

Lots more tactics than 5 vs 5. It was a fun game. Just needs everyone getting use to it.
[-SoP-]ATB

Post by [-SoP-]ATB »

tbh this should all just be a seperate mutator type thing for db. so people can play regular style as well. if thats possible. or atleast make a 2.3 mutator. one or the other.
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

yeah aus was sprinting for like a year after the rest of the world stopped using it, and there are just about a billion ways to abuse it once you learn, so if you are honestly thinking of doing sprint dont just assume you cant sprint jump across the entire field in a second /o\
Morning*Star

Post by Morning*Star »

The only bad thing about 6v6 is not having enough players for it.
Titanium

Post by Titanium »

6v6 sounds quite interesting. i'd like to play it as a pickup a few times :O but anyway, ms is right - we don't have enough players for it :(

EDIT:

(Users Browsing this Forum: Cirian, Sixty, Titanium) 10.33 am
join irc fs six :D
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

Edit: hes browsing it at school
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

`Ghost` wrote: agree. Well, minus the 'boosting crap'

Actually, lets be a serious ghost for the moment \o/ What is DavidM's real problem? It was his problem with 2.3 too. He tries too many things all at once. Take the 2.3 keeper, they were given a volley delay, their catch radius was decreased and on top of that the volley radius was decreased below the attackers. 3 things that could have been tried seperately in beta's / public testing for opinion, but instead were put in all at once.

2.4, larger goals and an increased charge - lol. No doubt people are going to reply to this post with 'but keeper volley delay was taken away and the volley radius was increased. Aye what ever, but it doesnt change the fact too many things are tried at once. Its almost as if DB is being rushed, and why now? Its been as good as dead for the past God knows (or cares) how long, and all of a sudden its being rushed into a completely new direction - so naturally the people who have grown used to 2.3 (Because we've been at 2.3 for so long? Maybe) are going to complain or find immediate problems with 2.4. Stop doing things so fast, stop throwing things in all at once - imo (And last time I checked, every one was entitled to their opinion - This being aimed at DavidM for putting me down for every comment I make)

No this post isnt a personal shoot at you DavidM, as much as you'd like it to be just so you can shoot back. Its my opinion on whats been done.

edit: woo my biggest post yet \o/

Didnt know which of the two 2.4 threads to post it in \o/
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

stop using this one then
-closed-