David M's Rant

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

H_I_T_M_A_N

Post by H_I_T_M_A_N »

would just like to add a little bit here from a newbs point of veiw, to be honest while im learning, i couldnt give a flying fu*k what other experienced players think or say about me. but when i was younger and was a newb at other games, it does get you down and recks all the confidence you have built up in the small time u have been playing the game. Now im a noob here, just hope im playing in a game with some noob friendly players, and if you see me playing and i do something wrong tell me please!
nice to see people looking out for the noob section! cheers
holla peeps
The Hermit

Post by The Hermit »

Kyllian wrote: There's only 2 times I'll play VO
1. Feel like it(is starting to happen more often than not lately)
2. there's a member of the clan that owns the server in the game

If I'm in a really bad mood and neither is true, I tell them to kiss my arse since they don't own the server(kinda dangerous since some clanners use aliases)
They tend to leave me be after that

I got a couple of people trying to tell me MY server was VO when it quite clearly says in the MOTD "NOT A VOLLEY ONLY SERVER".
Needless to say when I told them it was my server they didn't believe me, so after a bit more VO from them they were kick/banned! :devil:

Now THAT was satisfiying...:D
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

I noticed there are already servers saying "THIS IS NO VOLLEY ONLY SERVER" in their topic
fro

Post by fro »

yeah, 1234's....

but you still get called lame for scoring a non-volley goal in a 6v6 match.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

just ignore em 0_o
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

The only time i get pissed off is when they do it repeatedly...

They score once on a reg shot...sure thats fine, let them know its volley only..but when they do it 2/3/4 times, it is quite annoying.
FireCell

Post by FireCell »

But that is the point, who decided it was volley only.. ive been on a server when the motd says not a volley only server, and ppl get pissed as hell with me. I refuse to volley cause they told me to volley is a tactic that should be used when time is right other wise its just useless spam.
FraZor

Post by FraZor »

I agree with DavidM's Rant, and if I'd had the ability I'd have kicked a few noob bashers off of servers by now.
Last edited by FraZor on 10-05-2003 21:26, edited 1 time in total.
Dazlin

Post by Dazlin »

Another lame thing I have seen happening is server high jacking servers with map vote say allot of clan members join and they kick all the ppl that aren’t in there clan off the server and prac..

This can all so happen when 2 ppl are having a 1 v 1 they kick the 3rd person trying to join v annoying
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

It's thier server, they pay for it, they have every right to boot whoever they like.
RahSun

Post by RahSun »

This is all very simple and maybe places other than NA can't get this worked out but almost all "experinced" players ask if its VO when they come on to a server. Its a majority rules type situation and I have NEVER...I repeat NEVER had 12 ppl on a server arguing about that. Volley Only has indeed become a "gentlemans"(no offense meant hear to the female DB'ers) aggrement to do it or not. Last night for example I was on a server playing smallcube and there was 1 guy there who couldn't volley so he set for his teammates who could and he did a great job.

The thing that gets frustrating is when the majority HAS agreed and you get this 1 person who refuses to play by the rules agreed upon by the ppl on the server! Personally I'd rather beat a keep on a regular shot than a volley but the fact that we keep hashing and rehashing this and to have DavidM's RANT about the topic seems just a bit excessive.

RahSun
Alars

Post by Alars »

DiStUrbeD wrote: It's thier server, they pay for it, they have every right to boot whoever they like.

true, but having no password is just like saying "come on in for a game, we wont kick you"
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Good news, Epicgames is paying us a female voice actor to do the voice for the tutorial map. Probably the same as in the UT2k3 tutorials.
JODECI

Post by JODECI »

Wow Nice......
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

cool :D