FireCell

Post by FireCell »

sounds bad to me
DaJero

Post by DaJero »

Yeah Imagine playing cube with offsides... :P
FireCell

Post by FireCell »

although i can see the fun of corners trying to get in some kewl volleys. It really would work game play wise.
nameless

Post by nameless »

rensi-boy fifa suxx

what s wrong on cornerkicks/penalty?
The Hermit

Post by The Hermit »

What would cause a corner? :confused:
On most maps there is a bloody great big wall behind the goal line so you couldn't use football rules for them. :p

Same sort of thing with penalties.
In football, if your fouled in the penalty area, you get a penalty shot, in Deathball you DIE!!!!! :cool:
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

hmm, i dont think corners would be that bad. it could stop the defence from resetting the ball to get it away from goals all the time...
Onge

Post by Onge »

Stop this now! I mentioned corners in the same breath as offisdes...It's a stupid idea that wouldn't work at all...I wish I'd never mentioned it now...
nameless

Post by nameless »

erm hermit. u r right. But that s not what i meant :p

I mean penalty-shooting for cups e.g. U play the normal time, if it s tie u play overtime and if it s still tie u will end up with penalty shooting :)

Cornerkicks on maps like cube are useless, but on november or equal maps it would be nice - perhaps.
Onge

Post by Onge »

5-a-side style penalties might work if a cup tie is drawn...The penalty taker has 10 seconds to get the ball from the half way line into the goal...Just 1 v 1 with the keeper. That might be fun, and shouldn't be too hard to code...
XiLLeRaToR
Banned

Post by XiLLeRaToR »

and 9 times out of 10 a half decent forward would score:)
Holy_Surfing

Post by Holy_Surfing »

1.8? 1.7 isn't even out o_O

But heck, anyway, what everyone wanted was just 1.5b (or 1.4c), where it would be like 1.4 with banana, quadjump for keepers, 0.6s volley latency, fast keeper... not teh current 1.6 :|
Killing_U

Post by Killing_U »

1.4 was better as most agree, maybe if there were a couple servers for 1.4 and in the server browser you could pick which version u want to play
for corners, maybe if u shoot ball out of field on yer own side, then you would have a small corner and a peep could reset there and just throw it in (dont kno if its possible to code but since 2cool4u did half the to-do list in 1 day, i think this wouldnt be 2 much of a challange)
penatly shots would be gay cuz as sumone said most of the time it would be a GOAL!
Panda

Post by Panda »

If corners and penalties were added it would make DeathBall crap but it sure would make my Championship Manager 4 mod a hell of a lot more authentic!
nameless

Post by nameless »

I think the chance to stop a penaltyshot in db is even higher than in soccer ...