Making db the most fun online game agian

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

^^^^w00t (isn't like they are that dangerous to begin with if the keeper is on his toes)
night

Post by night »

DavidM wrote: pass shots will stay, no matter what

then why did u even make a shoot button. or make the shoot button only make a sound past a certain power limit.

'pass-shot' is one of the most moronic things
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

its not like you can make super powerful shots with a pass...
you can just get it past a keeper if he is right in front of you
night

Post by night »

it just pisses me off cuz it circumvents the sound. it is basically an exploit. just like boost.
you should make the minimum shot power of left click the same speed as a 'pass shot', so the left click gets used for what its meant to.
and cut the non-locked pass speed in half.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

doh
Last edited by theberkin8or on 06-05-2003 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
nameless

Post by nameless »

nameless just becuase you can't stop pass shots doesn't mean they should be taken out that would be another hit to the fun of db. They aren't hard to save and if you jump out at the O to get a shake shot you are taking a risk that they will pass it by you, if you are having too much trouble with this then just stay in goal=problem solved
i c, u got no idea of keeping at all. OK, to all peepzs out there who think pass-shots are not too strong:

letz make "penaltyshooting". U have to shoot with the normal shot, i will just use passshots. everyone gets 20 shots. The passshot is too strong in a 1on1 situation, show me that my opinion is wrong. If u or anyone else beat me with normal shots vs passshots, i ll never complain again.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

nameless again your rational is that you personaly find it easer to stop one on one normal shots (i am guessing it is becuase you play an aggressive style instead of sticking to the line)

a decent O player should beat a decent keeper in a one on one situation almost everytime, if you change that you make it pointless to even have an D why not just play aggressivly (off your line) the whole game (except for volley goals but they should not be the only way to score).

if you have a problem with so many pass goals going by you maybe you reconsider your play style, they are not hard to stop if you have D (not saying you can't score with them, which is how it should be) and if you don't have d then your team is doing something wrong not the game.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

the points is, that when an attacker is able to pull off a pass shot from a close distance, its a defense fault
the keeper should not be able to keep those if they are done well by the O
nameless

Post by nameless »

you personaly find it easer to stop one on one normal shots
it >>>IS<<< easier to stop 1on1 normal shots. That s why i complain. That s not the way it SHOULD be. If u wanna score, u should SHOOT, not PASS.
i am guessing it is becuase you play an aggressive style instead of sticking to the line
If u stick on the line, u r chanceless to stop any shot. Just with LUCK u can dodge at the right time to the right side, that s nothing bout skill.