The 7th Guest, has anyone...

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

I'm finished.. only "game" I couldn't win was the microscope game. From what I understand very few people beat that one (watch.. Sam Atoms is going to say he did ;) )

Anyway, it was fun while it lasted but I'm glad I hadn't paid for the game.. and I sure won't be buying the 11th hour.
Wayfarer

Post by Wayfarer »

Sounds like you went off it a bit!

What spoilt it for you?
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

Nothing spoiled it for me.

I finished it. I wandered around the mansion.. beat each puzzle.. watched the little (really bad acting) skits and then the credits starting rolling.

The End.
Chrismhen

Post by Chrismhen »

The microscope game is the one that can have a glitch. It was the only game that I actually needed to get help on, I think I was able to get it to work though.

Yeesh, I'm not sure but I think I'm hearing the music, but I don't think it's playing anywhere on my computer. Crazy I am.
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

Chrismhen.. there is no "solution" to the microscope game (it's the one where you are a blue blob and the computer is a green glob). Who ever has the most blobs at the end wins.

Everything I can find on the net about it says.. it's kind of the luck of the draw to beat it. Not skill.
Chrismhen

Post by Chrismhen »

I know, but I think that there was a test you could do to see if it had a bug or not. It's been to long for me to remember, clearly, though.
Messy

Post by Messy »

I played The 7th Guest around the age of 10 :s

Also played the 11th Hour later on :)

I think I also completed the 7th Guest later on :p when I was older and found the cd-rom again :)
Sam_Atoms

Post by Sam_Atoms »

Hey, I wasn't able to do it right away..... that game is very tough and it took me lots and lots of practice. Here's a tip..... if you're playing that puzzle and you go back down to the library and get a hint or two from that spooky skull book, it plays easier. The writers of the official strategy guide (Prima) themselves said that they had to visit the hint book in the library two times before it got easy enough for them to do.
rubberheks

7th guest

Post by rubberheks »

Wow,that game was really cool...
Much easier than notpron though!
:D
Aah the childhood memories of that game!!
Chrismhen

Post by Chrismhen »

I really miss that game, I love mind puzzle, and riddles. Unfortantly they just don't make them as much or good, as they once did. I'm glad I ran into notpr0n when I did, I was going cazy with boredom.
zobey

Post by zobey »

The Microscope puzzle is by NO MEANS mostly luck. While it probably takes a bit of luck to get a good start, I know in my recent replay of that game, I could win about 1 in 3 games. Attributing the difficulty to luck seems like a cop out on the most difficult "puzzle" of the game. Fie!
PePe QuiCoSE

Post by PePe QuiCoSE »

i played the game not long ago... couldn't beat the microscope game... and finished the skycrapper (windows) riddle before i understood what it was about... Still, the most difficult one for me was the Can puzzle, found it difficult still going twice to the book.

Good game, considering it's time of release...
Sam_Atoms

Post by Sam_Atoms »

Maybe I should mention; in The 11th Hour (the sequel) a new dimension is added. Not only are there the usual puzzles to solve, you're given cryptic word-riddles and have to use them to find objects in the house. That part is more notpron-like (and more than half the time, an anagram is involved). It's still easier, because the house has a limited number of things for you to click (how many is it, 250? 300? Maybe even 400?) so brute force will actually work for you in a finite time. That isn't true in notpron because the possibilities are pretty much endless........
feanor22

7 guest

Post by feanor22 »

I`ve played the 7th Guest at the age of 9 or 10 i dont remember but wjat i do remember is that it was too creepy, and it was perfect for playing it at the middle onf the night...
The maze drove me crazy, and that voice i still remember tough im 22 years old now..
FEELING LONELY!!! WOW!
jajaja

I`m playing notpron now, and on level 8, and i think that i wil start again with the 7th guest since i could never beat it cause my pc broke down at that time. :confused:
WhiteTigerShiro

Post by WhiteTigerShiro »

zobey wrote: The Microscope puzzle is by NO MEANS mostly luck. While it probably takes a bit of luck to get a good start, I know in my recent replay of that game, I could win about 1 in 3 games. Attributing the difficulty to luck seems like a cop out on the most difficult "puzzle" of the game. Fie!
It's not even a puzzle. It's basically just Othello, exept the AI was cranked all the way up. I think even my sister (a major Othello freak) had a hard time with the Microscope part of the game.

Aside from the Microscope though, 7th Guest is a good game. Same with 11th Hour.