One thing about 1.7 beta.

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

themachine

One thing about 1.7 beta.

Post by themachine »

You say you removed the weapon bob because it was over exagerated, But now it looks like your moving around like a darlik(sp?) from Dr Who. :rolleyes: hehe rest looks pretty good though :D
gemXX

Post by gemXX »

turn weapon view off then, u get no advantage in having 1/4 of your screen obscured :)
Alars

Post by Alars »

OFF TOPIC BUT MEH: hmm tell me if this is true or not......if a guy on red team is just outside the enemy pbox and gets hit by the blue keeper....does he get gibbed?

if the answer is no, could you please make it so it becomes yes... because its soo annoying to have cherrypicking a-holes standing on the net in a map where he knows he can't be gibbed......i'm suggesting this to alleviate the need to have keeper zone volumes extend over the net and piss mappers off....if this was the case the hammer radius is just large enough to cover the top of most goals so any one dumb enough to pitch a tent on their enemies goal can now be fragged at the keeper's disgression....

what does everyone think? It's only for the keeper tho im talking about - no need to make it for all the team....that would result in me getting severely flamed...

Alars
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

I only read the first few sentences of the last post, and i think its a bad idea...the goalies already do enough roaming around the pbox as it is, we dont need them to wander off and start killing everybody...also that will draw newb keepers out of the box to start killing people, thus getting people pissed off and yelling at them.
Alars

Post by Alars »

omg sif - im only talking about it on the top of the goal where the bastards camp -
"start killing everybody".... keeper's do that anyway you f00....

it would make little to no difference on the current gameplay if you think about it... as if its going to make keepers suddenly not care about keeping....it'll be EXACTLY THE SAME AS NOW FFS
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

i have never seen a good player camp on top of goal unless they are geting frustrated or just playing, plus it is really easy to stop the pass to them, so not really something to worry about
Rampart

Post by Rampart »

Gameplay side effect:
People charging the pbox legitamately would not know exactly when they are in relation to being able to be fragged. This may "add" to the game in some people's minds... but I personally believe that would be too obscre a boundary, expecially when maneuvers in that area require extreme prescision (sp) already. Adding a blurred boundary doesn't make it any easier.

Making it so that the keeper can frag anything while standing in the -keeper- box might not be bad. But the Pbox just opens up a Pandora's Box.
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

Being that the KB's are so small though, is just making it impossible for keepers in 1v1 cept for shake.

Blurry PB boundries is WAY too big though, the PB is rather large as it is...it needs to be somewhere inbetween
Alars

Post by Alars »

DiStUrbeD wrote: .....the PB is rather large as it is...

no its not its fine...
Rampart

Post by Rampart »

Disturbed... you seem to have mmisread me...

My intent if a change were to be made would to have the keeper be able to frag anything that is standing inside the penalty box... but also be able to frag anything while he himself is standing in the keeper box. The only practical use for this is for fragging people in or behind the goal in oddly made maps, where the creator has slightly awry zoning. The reason I suggested what I did is because the only change it would make on gameplay ifrom the current situation is that it would allow the keeper to frag people behind the goal.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

or better yet make the whole pbox called the keepers box cause thats what it is now... he should have never gainmed any abilities in this area and god knows why he did.. if he dodges out of the net at some lame ass he does not deserve the oppertunity to dodge back, catch the ball outside the actual keepers box and remain invincible.

Why the "whole pbox is keepers box" bullshit was ever implemented is beyond me but with quad jump comming back i forsee a lot of problems with keepers abusing this.