DeathBall Match Reports (and more...)

All about Death Ball Leagues and Tournaments

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Panda{FCU}

DeathBall Match Reports (and more...)

Post by Panda{FCU} »

How would you guys feel about a group of reporters that watched matches and published reports at the DeathBall League website and interviewed players?

Well thanks to DavidM its coming whether you like the idea or not! :p

As you may have read at the DeathBall League site I am looking for people to be reporters so please contact me at panda@db-fcu.com or on IRC (you can find me in the main DeathBall channels or at #{FCU}

Thanks,

Panda
(Jesse Coombe)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Nobody likes our idea I guess 0_o
[D@MN]HERETIC

Post by [D@MN]HERETIC »

hmz , could be a good idea , but i think you need lots of time for it :)
i don't have time to spectate other matches too :p
Samur

Post by Samur »

i think its a great idea, thus is exactly what we need for a intresting league season!
Panda{FCU}

Post by Panda{FCU} »

LOL, notice how no-one replies until David mentions that he is involved :rolleyes:
Requiem

Post by Requiem »

as i said Panda tonight, i'm on it \o/
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

i think its a horrible idea. Even in blow out games you'd have to make them sound competitive. If you want to do anything just make cool demos from spectator mode...
Panda{FCU}

Post by Panda{FCU} »

Which is exactly what I've done and intend to add on as downloadable extras. Howzat?

Seeing as Bazzi hasn't finished getting the site ready I'll post MOTD #1 here:

Panda’s Match Of The Day #1
The Dream Team Vs Pure Playaz

TDT pp
EliCa afflictor
Bazzi evermore
Arch ZET
@epPe GeG
Kerebr Samur
Justcrizz(substituted on for GeG)

Major Incidents:

• 29:28 – Samur grabs the “First Blood” award but it doesn’t stop EliCa finding the back of the net
1-0
• 26:15 – Kerebr breaks free…
• 26:06 - …and nine seconds later makes it 2-0
2-0
• 25:10 – ZET fights back to make it 2-1
2-1
• 18:57 – EliCa strikes agin to put the lead back to two goals
3-1
• 18:27 – Just half a minute later, EliCa manages to exploit a gap in the defence and finds himself in acres of space
• 18:21 – Needless to say, he makes the most of it and scores again to get his hat trick and make things very difficult for pp
4-1
• 16:35 – Hmmm, who’s that un-marked in front of goal?
• 16:31 – Yeah, you guessed it, EliCa yet again and once again he leaves the goalkeeper helpless. Surely no way back now
5-1
• 13:30 – But wait, there’s more! Afflictor bags himself a consolation goal
5-2
• 13:02 – I smell a chance, so does ZET but he doesn’t quite manage to score it
• 12:33 – afflictor strikes again to bring the Playaz back into the game
5-3
• 11:01 – Surely ZET can’t miss this one. Luckily for pp, he doesn’t miss. Welcome to fight-back central readers!
5-4
• 08:01 – ZET finds himself in a great position again, he just has to make sure he hits the target…
• 07:21 – Well that didn’t go to plan… …or did it? I bet they’d like to pretend it was pre-planned but with a stroke of luck afflictor gets a shot on goal and beats the keeper
5-5
• 04:49 – What a chance for ZET, just one defender and a keeper away from being his team’s hero and completing an amazing fight back
• 04:18 – But TDT get hold of the ball and turn defence into attack. Run Bazzi! Run!
• 00:11 – Just 11 seconds away from the final whistle, substitute justcrizz saves what would have certainly been the winning goal and mows down Kerebr in the process. Make sure this man gets a nice big pat on the back
• 00:00 – Final score 5-5

And that was it! A fantastic match to watch! At 5-1 it just looked like there was no way back but the Pure Playaz played brilliantly to pull it back to 5-5. Well done to all involved for putting on a great show

Notable Performances:

• EliCa – Played brilliant in my opinion. Was very quick to notice gaps in the pp defence and he really punished them for their errors
• @epPe – Made several important tackles in his role as sweeper and was careful not to stray to far away from his goal
• afflictor – Comfortably the best pp player in this match, solid performance
• ZET – I admire ZET’s performance in this match greatly for the huge amount of effort he put in. He played several “hit and hope” shots that more often than not missed the goal but if he works on this he’ll be a great player
• Justcrizz – Made a hugely important save in the last few seconds and was competent throughout his shortened time in the match. Adapted well and quickly after he was substituted on for GeG

Panda’s Man Of The Match:

EliCa
Last edited by Panda{FCU} on 30-04-2003 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
Samur

Post by Samur »

Oh yeah! i love it :D
sounds really cool and makes a short overview about the whole match without watching about 30min demo.
great work! wanna see more :)

p.s. next time plz more glory to ME :D
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

WTF O_O
Bazzi TDT? :|
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

Talk about whoring, eh? :)
NaB

Post by NaB »

Rens2Sea wrote: WTF O_O
Bazzi TDT? :|

??????

i thought it was share players form the other squad/s of the SAME clan...
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

seems a good idea, but surley thats too much hard work to cover all the divisions?

you just plannin on doing div1?
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

NaB, how about we get some of TEZC on our team huh?

Seems like they can do it ;)
ZET

Post by ZET »

Bazzi is now a member of TDT and no more cY.red, like he told us yesterday. so everything is all right with that.