1.7 beta :/

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Alars

Post by Alars »

Ahem, soccer!!! that is spamming shots all over the place only a couple of long range ones go in anyway - and besides if it bounces off the player straight to you, you can have another go at shooting - bare in mind that the angle of deflection is completely random so if could only deflect by a couple of degrees; enough to throw keepers off.
Last edited by Alars on 27-04-2003 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
Alars

Post by Alars »

or why dont they just make the catch radius proportional to how fast its travelling at the catcher (excluding keeper)
UrbanKilla

Post by UrbanKilla »

why nerfing keeper again , it s my question
what s the really probs with dodge

on 1 vs 1 , almost all striker can score easilly.
dodge really help to catch a volley , since i saw some who can stop volley with a fooking dodge (the only way to stop a well placed volley since everytime the flying time is under 0.60 sec )
but only very good keeper can do that , like i saw harold , taurus nameless gimic who stopped my volley with dodge

so why nerfing keeper again ? what the real prob

it s what u wanted in the past , hard to score , close game and less volley spam and now db is turning to a fooking defensive style gameplay :(
Last edited by UrbanKilla on 27-04-2003 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
Camo II

Post by Camo II »

PLZ HELP PPL I CANNOT MAKE DEATHBALL WORK AND I DONT KNOW WHICH DIRECTORY TO PUT IT IN :ban: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

Alars_Crabri wrote: Surge, where it is at the moment is just about equivalent with professional soccer/football. Only the best strikers can actually get the ball past the keeper for a goal from long range. This is where DB is atm. most scoring shots on goal come from just outside the pbox.

which brings me to an idea......say the ball is travelling mighty fast at a defending player from an attackers volley or shot (volleys within 25m and 95%+ powered shots within 20m) and the defender catches it. CRAP - i say have a deflection system so it bounces of the defender much like a body volley but in some random direction. This is what pros try to do in soccer/football - why not in DB?

PS i realise that may require extensive coding but then again i am just rambling....

STOP REFERENCING DEATHBALL TO SOCCER FFS!

Deathball != Soccer

So i have to make an 800x600 sigh that says this and use it as my sig?!

Everytime something "soccerish" is added the game becomes more boring, more spammy, less control. You said it yourself! Soccer is a spam game.

WE DONT WANT A FUCKING SPAM GAME!
WE COMPLAIN ABOUT SPAM GAMES!!

using 1.3b as a deathball reference everything added to deathball has been "soccerish". When was deathball more fun? then or now? The banana shot, the shake, the excessive ammount of vollies. They're all because people like you want Deathball to be a first person soccer game and a lot of people DO NOT WANT THIS. If you want to play soccer go buy FIFA 2003. If you want to play first person soccer get off your duff, go outside, and play soccer.
Harold|ZBN

Post by Harold|ZBN »

horray for 1.3b :D
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

Originally posted by Surge
Soccer is a spam game.

:eek:
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

do it like me, ignore surgey...
Kyllian

Post by Kyllian »

Thinks people are getting sick of deathball
1.4b - any time of day, at least 10 servers with actual people(at least 3 full)
1.6b - 3 servers(if that) one server full, maybe, other 2 have 3 people on them
And about 6 servers that have bots on them in an attempt to keep it on the server browser list
frostymoss

Post by frostymoss »

Ok, there seems to be two different sides to this. Ironic as it is, the NA players and the players from Europe seem to want two different things. Why not make the game, and then release a mutator called NA Play, this would make these changes to the keep that the NA playes want. And the default mode would be what the players from Europe want. Because how it is, is that sports played in both NA and Europe have there variations.

Now if your gonna come back and flame me about the int. cups, well you could always play 2 games or whatever. But to tell you the truth, imo, if there ever are int cups they are not gonna be here for a long time.

Also on DavidM, you guys are complaining that he's making the game into what he wants. Well go to http://www.deathball.net and click on team, guess who is the head of the mod? It seems to me that he has listened to the community.
UrbanKilla

Post by UrbanKilla »

bah go on public and look some peeps who miss brain and prefer to chat or crying about everything ,
so, alot of peeps are sick of players w/o brain not db

1.4b was really funny (offensive play , maybe too much volley spam)
1.6 = defensive style , less fun more stress in game :eek:

the only time i got pissed in 1.6 is when u r attacking and u have the entire enemy team in pbox :devil:
and 1 or 2 of them move to line keeper , so u have 3 keeper
very very hard to score , and when u r shooting , volleying for 10 min and can t score that suxx :(
nerf pbox defense to force them to attack the ball owner and not camp and wait in their pbox ,and increase keeper power (keeper it s really a skill )
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

i am wondering did db change that much or did the way ppl play it change. I think pbox defending was probably the most effective way to defend ever since they put the shake shot in (which i think was an important addition). the same could be said about the volley spaming, is that from a change in the game or a change in the way the ppl play the game? like with all these volley only servers is there any wonder that ppl volley more?

just like boosting was never used until and dribbling wasn't widespread until ppl saw others do and be effective (of course there are the originators but until ppl figure them out they pwn their oppsition which actually is why ppl started using them more), i think while the increasing of hit range did make pbox camping easy it was a good way to play back in 1.4b but ppl just didn't realize it. the same might be said of volleying

not just the values in db changed the way ppl play it has changed as well, unfortuntaly it is extremely difficult to release a patch to fix that
Last edited by theberkin8or on 27-04-2003 22:59, edited 1 time in total.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

DavidM wrote: do it like me, ignore surgey...

great to know you support community ideas asshole

and since your ignoring me...

Isnt that David M guy gay? i mean i'v seen some gay guys before but DAMN this fag is fucking gay as the day is long! If there were anyone possibly gayer than him.. nah! thats not possible!

Maybe if you actually played your fucking game instead of implementing little tricks and foybles to help your own team out you'd notice that people dont want change. People want game flow emprovments and bug fixes. pushing volley shots does not support game flow, it supports spam. I havn't played DB in about 4 days now and i used to play avidly on a regular basis less than a month ago. I think something must be wrong. I usually dont complain about when things dont go the way i had wanted but it appears whent heres an anal retentive asshole like you running the show a lot of people like me get fucked over by your methods of meyhem.

I hope you and your mod both fail because maybe after Deathball is done and gone we can all boot up some 1.3b and remeber how fun it was to play Deathball.
Cyph

Post by Cyph »

"STOP REFERENCING DEATHBALL TO SOCCER FFS!"

Stop referencing Deathball to hockey ffs!

"great to know you support community ideas asshole"

Everyone hates your "community ideas", you spout shit all day long.

People complained about the volley power, he reduced the volley power. People complained about the keeper shieldcannon lag, he changed the shieldcannon lag.

MAYBE people would fucking listen to you if you weren't so goddamn aggressive, backed up your arguments with opinions from more than one person and didn't basically act like a complete dick all fucking day.
Killing_U

Post by Killing_U »

but europeans love soccer thats why davidm is trying to make it more soccer like i kno this b cause i am european myself
davidm is german (i think) thats why he is making it more soccer like