Carball + Deathball = One Big Ballin Community

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

cY|riCo

Post by cY|riCo »

i dunno...

the general problem is this game is difficult and only less people are playing it compared to other games...

maybe carball could be nice but since im a nub in it it was no fun for me... and that is y i stopped playing it.

well when deathball was active there really was advertising. i remember a deathball article in 2 very big pc magazines and it was even 2 times advertised in a pretty popular tv show...

but somehow it didnt help much and i dont know what else you could do =/

the problem is also that the new players are only playing public and never #dbpickup...
The_One

Post by The_One »

cY|riCo wrote: the problem is also that the new players are only playing public and never #dbpickup...
How is that a problem?
cY|riCo

Post by cY|riCo »

knew someone from the pubs would post it...

people want a game with teamplay... a serious game.
playing db on public is fun for short time but its not skillbased...
all these people now how to bounce/volley etc.
but they dont know how to play around a defense, how to score with normal shoots... if they dunno what to do they play it against the wall then they fuck up or not.
but thats only a small part of db and in my opinion the bad part...
its just 10 people running after a ball in goddamn small area!
if you would play a game in #dbpickup then you would see that theres more as long as we get a 5 vs 5 going.

maybe you will get owned in the first games... but its like that in every game! you have to learn how to play 5vs5 and then you will have fun with it...

but because of people like you there arent any new players coming... y should i play dbpickup when i can just join a server and do the same stuff every day...

get it its just passing against wall then volley or pass then volley!
thats all nothing else...

well i cant understand it...
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

I will agree, pub games can be frustrating, but skilled players don't fall from the sky, install db for the first time and look at the empty servers and think "I need to join the mixer/pickup"

I pub as often as I can so there's someone to play with for the first timers.
The_One

Post by The_One »

cY|riCo wrote: ...

I guess one of the reasons I don't play pickups more is the tedious waiting for a game to start when I could just jump on a pub and play. I can assure you that a lack of skill is not one of them.

I don't find pickups any more fun than a GOOD pub game. Obviously the skill is going to be slightly lower more often than not, as most players seem to run off and hide on IRC after a while.

It would be better if the good pickup players stuck around and taught the new guys how it ought to be played, instead of moaning about how they don't play the right way.

You obviously don't know me or you wouldn't lump me with the pub vo crowd. I FAR prefer reg games which is why I play more on american servers where they actually allow shooting (the only euro servers with people in tend to be vo as everyone knows).

Euroland seemed to be getting back on track with the Sunday pub nights but that seems to have degenerated into an html based pickup channel now.

Pubs are the lifeblood of DB and their present state are one of the reasons why it's currently faltering.
Last edited by The_One on 18-06-2005 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
StRaFe

Post by StRaFe »

I disagree :D. The pickup channel is where deathball is played imo, of which i told to post information about installation of mirc is just as important as deathball itself...

The public server players do not help the game in the slightest....they refuse to listen to us noobs who know nothing about the game. The main thing that bugs me is that they are not even interested in what we have to say about #dbpickup :( err another issue is gko server....Its set up for vo games...why? This encourages \o/

Bleh i dunno all i know is public playing does not help the situation of deathball..infact nothing will unless something is updated and even then i cant see things progressing :P

ta, sammy
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

FWIW, you guys missed out on a little pub carball action. t-money seems to be more familiar with the game than everyone else. Shame he was too interested in outclassing everyone instead of sharing his experience. He did point out that there is like 15 other carball servers out there and he wasn't going to go out of his way to help us enjoy trying it on the BuD pub.. It might have made the run of games longer. As it was though, people got discouraged and voted Deathball back in.
Just another attempt at widening people's horizions .... wasted.
Ker]v[et

Post by Ker]v[et »

The_One

Post by The_One »

StRaFe wrote: I disagree :D. The pickup channel is where deathball is played imo
It's not an opinion, it's fact more often than not. That would change if more people played on pubs (not just to "own" new players though).

The current state of euro public games doesn't help, I agree. :)

By somthing updated I take it you mean DB. As you say, that won't fix anything unless pickup player's (such as your good self) attitudes change.
StRaFe

Post by StRaFe »

Again you show you know shit the one..Im quite tired of seeing you posting shit about kermets public sundays, knocking it etc....Care to stfu unless you wanna have some input.... My attitude, eh? Again talking shit...

A numerous of times i have took the time to talk to new people on publics... of my head about 6 of which 4 came to the dbpickup channel...Please dont post shit about me when you have no clue what so ever, really sucks dude.

Lets have some constructive input tbh :p.

gg kerm sucks ! ;)
The_One

Post by The_One »

Well I guess if you can't see the problem by now you never will. C'est la vie. :)
StRaFe

Post by StRaFe »

lol again....I see many problems of which i wouldnt worry about. Deathball had a good run.. lets end it on a high :D

Problem? There is no problem but an update. I wouldnt see what you see because you are allways on the public events where as i try and stay away from the 10 player things... I strike when i see a list of new names (im talking never seen before) and influence them to get involved in this balablalala. Meh its out of reach, end of.
The_One

Post by The_One »

Sourceball better be good.
StRaFe

Post by StRaFe »

It will suck... Now go play chess ;)
The_One

Post by The_One »

Do you think my DB skills will transfer well to chess (not that I'm giving up on DB yet)? Can you play the rooks off the wall?