Cardiff Bound?

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

[1234]Jr

Cardiff Bound?

Post by [1234]Jr »

Another thread to pass the time... waaaaaaaaaayyy!

It's PlayOff Final bank holiday weekend, as well as the start of the crappy US tour for England (we're so going to lose badly.. but whatever, give the young-uns a run out!).

Just wondering if anyone is following any of the playoff teams to Cardiff this year?

Well, i know i am. The legends that are Hartlepool United play my "adopted home town" team, Sheffield Wednesday at Cardiff on Sunday (K.O 3pm. Sky Sports ;))

So tonight i'll set my alarm for 5am, loud, and being on the minibus to Cardiff by 6:30am! 5 hour drive to Cardiff, so get a bit of kip then ;)

I left my Sheffield-Flat Mates the instructions of watching Lower League football, which they might do :p, and i'll give you the same info, i know you all care..

1) Dont expect quality.
2) Dont expect fanny-boy hair cuts
3) Dont expect 90000 dives.
4) Expect some quality entertainment, if not in the footballing way the premiership has taught us.
5) Expect fans, players and manager to cry. Yes, it's sad to some but some die hard fans WILL cry, win or lose --- i might anyway.

As for the Hartlepool playoff specifically, 16,000+ are going to be in support of a small team (Hartlepool is only 100,000 - 110,000 pop. anyway (ignore Jeff Stelling in the Sun btw, legend he is - numbers man he is not)) whereas Sheffield Wednesday are taking about 45,000 ... outnumbered by a lot, but we're confident that *ahem*

"We'll outplay them on the pitch and we'll out sing them in the stands" - my mate.

So, anyway, no one else will care, i doubt, but shit -- if it stops 1000 threads about scams, spams and... games... (shite) then i care... and thats more than noone, unless im a nobody.. but nobodys perfect, so you know - Chris wins.
Onge

Post by Onge »

I'm going tomorrow as well. If my beloved Sheff Wed play like they did in the semis against Brentford I think we'll win.

Oh and if you think you'll out sing us Jr, think again... :p

It's gonna be a tight game, I'm very nervous. Setting off at 7am tomorrow from London - with any luck there won't be a lot of traffic as most fans will be coming from the north.

Enjoy the game Jr, but forgive me if I don't wish Hartlepool luck...:D
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

ha they won o;

edit: england i mean
fro

Post by fro »

oh my
Onge

Post by Onge »

What a day!

Undoubtedly the best team won. Even the Wednesday mascot won in the half time shoot-out. :D The sending off was the turning point - I was dead in line with the incident and I don't think it was a foul. But there was no way over the 90 minutes Hartlepool deserved to win - we had all the possession and chances and bar 20 minutes where 'Pool upped a gear, there was only one team in it.

Bad luck Jr. Hope you enjoyed the day anyway.
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

Oh, fantastic game. The penalty ruined the game, for us anyway. We knew we wouldnt last the extra time with 10 men, we prayed for Dimi and he almost made it. Nevermind.

The team who would be most likely to survive in the championship one, but i dont think the best.

Best on the day, maybe, some of our players had lost the plot (Dimi's kicks? jesus. Robson (our left back) was being run ragged.

Daly... oh my god :D

me: "Oh no, not Daly, damn we'll never score.."
guy in front: "you never know, good time to be a hero"

*30 seconds later*

*Daly heads it in*

me: "HAHA THAT LEDGE!" (short for Legend, honest)

Me and said man in front then hugged as the crowd errupted.

I watched the reply on sky this morning before i came back to sheffield (with pools shirt on) and from behind the goal it looked more of a penalty than from the back.

Westy put his hand out and 'stroked' the back of the shirt of your attacker, no pull - the guy wasnt even down before Dimi had hold of it, the red just kicked us in the gut, never showed a yellow all game and he shows a red, unbelievable.

But we were proud, disapointed, but proud. It was a fantastic game, we give Shef Wed a run for their money and we didnt get shown up, like 20-0.

We stayed behind at the end and clapped Shef Wed as they lifted the bottle of coke they got (ha) and was nice enough to get a return clap from some Shef Wed players, but i think they got confused with so much blue and white.

The hartlepool team let us down at the end, they were nackered yes, and they were upset, of course, but it took the subs to come and clap us.. never mind

Stay up, please Shef Wed, cos when we get promoted we want our guarenteed 6 points ;)

Well played.
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

God damnit, i was on the phone!! Picture taken from the Hartlepool Mail (and website).

Waaaaaaaay! :p
Onge

Post by Onge »

Haha! I need to watch my DVD of the game to try and spot myself - unlikely, although I was by the corner flag.

And what sort of person uses his phone at a game of such magnitude? Some people have their priorities all wrong...:D
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

It was before the game, i was sending a media-message to my flatmate cos the view we had in the stadium, full of Sheff Wed/Hartlepool Blue + White was amazing.

Oh and i know its before the game cos during it my phone stayed in my pocket and i was usually only stood up to mouth off at the ref :p
Onge

Post by Onge »

Bah - I only sat down when people behind started grumbling...I say rip up the seats - terracing has a better atmosphere...
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

At Victoria Park our "main" end is the Town End (like the Kop) and its all standing -- great atmosphere.

So yeah..! :p

I hope our team doesnt get raided in the summer :( I can see Boyd, Dimi (GK) and Westwood/Nelson leaving :(
Onge

Post by Onge »

We have no-one worth raiding to be honest! All that "sleeping giant" nonsense should mean we hold onto our better players.
fro

Post by fro »

... and all that 20million pounds debt should mean that you want to cash in on them when you have chance :)
Onge

Post by Onge »

Owls record transfer fee received is £2.75M - for Paul Warhurst - waaaay back in 1993. We don't EVER sell players - we give them away. Why do you think there is such a big debt!