What are notpr0ners like?

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

junimond_

Post by junimond_ »

to make it complete:

What interests have you got (beside notpr0n of course)?
my son (always on top of the list), books, horses, dogs, to jog, sailing (if i have the time), traveling (if i have too much time), honorary helping in some social projects for the kids here in town

What do you like to do on vacation and leisure time?
i need to keep moving - no way for me to do nothing :) being away from everyday life is what i need, meeting new people. i'm interested in their way of doing the work and managing thier live. i'm africa addicted since my first trip to botswana. i like egypt too. if i have some free time at home - i like to go with my son for a cross country ride, reading a good book, i also like to go to the theater or cinema, swimming....something like that :)

Do you like to watch sports?
football & formula 1 sometimes, , riding events of course

Do you like Video or Computer games? What kind of games?
i don't play anything :)

Do you like to read? What kind of books?
i love books. i've a part time job as a reader. correcting scrips and so on. privately i like mystery stories, thriller, books with a good sense of humor too, fantasy like lord of the rings, harry potter *blush* :P... - i'm reading everything that is written ;) some i like - some not :)

What kind of movies do you like?
lord of the rings, sixt sense, the game, adventure like indiana jones...

What kind of music?
h-blockxs, bon jovi, i agree with kisa here: the 80's had some great music, genesis, metallica, wagner *blush again* (yes - i'm serious...) - nothing special - it must be well made music in my ears :)
jooly

Post by jooly »

Hmm, Indiana Jones and car racing seem to come up a fair bit too... (can't say I like the latter - have a passionate dislike of cars).

Ulf, how about you, anyhow?
puckoberon

Re: What are notpr0ners like?

Post by puckoberon »

How would you describe your personality?

Easy going, but at times highly temperamental.

Other people, love, theatre, politics, playing guitar(mostly bebop and rock&roll) and see the next questions

(sea)sailing, hiking, visiting other cities, but when it have been stressfull times I really can indulge myself with just lying on the beach for a week or so.

Yes, as long as it aren't jury sports and that there's something at stake. So decisive races, stages, matches, (semi)-finals

Nope, after Ping (or Pong) in the late 70's I haven't played any game on the computer. And seeing how addicted I got to Notpron, that's probably for the best.

All sorts, literature to thriller, travel stories to non-fiction. And off course the papers and weekly news magazines.

Mainly arthouse movies, but I rarely go to the cinema.

What kind of music?

All sorts, but no hard-rock and very few dance

Etc

Well, the theatre. Two to three times a week, all genres, but then, it's my job and luckily enough my passion

Edit:added the guitars
Last edited by puckoberon on 31-05-2005 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
unrealtiger

Post by unrealtiger »

Patient,honest,modest,everything is a problem that needs to be solved(talking for several aspects of life),wild,a bit selfish,easily approachable,adventurous.

I like basketball a lot,i love martial arts,making my own riddles(infact when its ready i will give you guys the link and try it :) if you want),i extremely love maths and everything that has to do with them(basically everything for me its maths lol),i like to dance,swim and of course GIRLS.

I like to travel,meet new people(i like diversity of people,it makes it more interesting ;) )I like to go for coffee in my leisure time and relax in a cafe.I like to go to the cinema,clubbing.

I like to watch only professional football although i dont play it myself.And i like to watch basketball a lot and martial art sports.

Yes i love computer games.I like Splinter Cell(1,2,3) mainly stealth games where you sneak up.lol!!!I like strategy games,action games(Unreal)
and adventure games(Monkey Island,Grim Fantango,Leisure suite Larry) and lastly mystery and puzzle games(7th guest,11th hour)

Only books i read are the ones i have to from univercity.I hate reading books.I like learning from experience and several other resources.The only brilliant book i've read and i could read it twice is Davinchi Code.

I like action movies,comedies but mostly adventure movies.And movies which have to say a lot about the reality we live in.(some examples are:Matrix,Indiana Jones,Bad Santa,Equilibrium,Cube)

What kind of music?
I love trance music,techno,and dance.
Last edited by unrealtiger on 31-05-2005 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
DeAugsburg

Re: Re: What are notpr0ners like?

Post by DeAugsburg »

Indeed, more Queen fans than I'd expcted. Maybe I have to complete this survey properly, too:

I'm typical finn (as you assume us to be): calm and shy. Not really shy, because of my personality, but don't speak unnecessarily much and so on. I don't smoke nor drink, I just study. May maths and physics be my drugs. But don't regard me as a dull boy, I have created my unique way and mentality. It's something like Douglas Adams and bad jokes mixed to be some nominal athlete.

I like almost any kinds of sport (I'm very competitive), airsoft (http://www.google.com), piano and guitar... 10000 characters isn't enough.

I like to relax a bit, and this summer I will! I might also withdraw to play hours of piano-improvisation.

Yes, but only when it's something "important". Olympics, ice-hockey or Formula 1 as long as Finland has chances.

More than it's healthy, though nowadays I'm not so addicted anymore. I can play almost every kinds of games. Most likely action games (Half-life and CS *blush*), strategy (Age of Empires is a legend), adventure games (Morrowind), puzzle games (Monkey Island, once again). Not so much sport games.

Yes I like, but I have not much time for reading. Douglas Adams (I suggest 'Meaning of Liff', much used and practical vocabulary in my case), Star Wars-books, Tolkien and Harry Potters have motivated me much.

I think I appreciate artistic movies more than other action-loving boys at my age. I like actually every movie that is good in some way. I'm very tolerant. The best expreriences have been The Matrix, LOTR, Star Wars's, The Rock and Indiana Jones's.

What kind of music?

Many, many kinds of music, as long as it includes some non-financial skills to appreciate. Or then it's just so good. Queen is the best, but Metallica, Nightwish and many more are also enjoyable. Rock rocks, I'm still a guitarist.
ulf_h

Post by ulf_h »

jooly wrote: Quite a few Queen fans in here - maybe that's the common denominator :lol:

Hmm, Indiana Jones and car racing seem to come up a fair bit too...

Yeah! :) and I have another one: Notproners like to answer questions about themselves!!! ;)

I must say I'm really suprised that so many have answered all my questions! Thank you, all of you! Maybe it can be a PhD thesis after all! :D

And those of you who haven't answered the questions yet: Please do! It's very interesting to read, and to get to know everybody better!

jooly wrote: Ulf, how about you, anyhow?

Of course I will also answer my own questions. It's only fair when you all have made the effort to do so! :)

I'm just a little to busy right now, but I'll do it asap -- it's a promise! :p
Last edited by ulf_h on 01-06-2005 09:31, edited 1 time in total.
Kaliel

Post by Kaliel »

Yeah, i see that a big amount of people how me like the good 80s music and hard rock or heavy metal =P

We´ll just to complement in this way...

I Like Iron Maiden, Angra, Shaaman, Genesis, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Dream Theater, Queensryche, Queen, Bruce Dickinson (he is the guy), Helloween (With Kiske)
unrealtiger

Post by unrealtiger »

Well i see i will be a small bias in your PhD,
ulf_h,since i m not a big fun of Queen.;)
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

ulf_h wrote: I have another one: Notproners like to answer questions about themselves!!! ;)
But many not-notproners do that, too!
ulf_h

Here we go...

Post by ulf_h »

Analythical, curious, investigating, (re)searching, stubborn, urgent, thourough, careful, patient, concentrated, single-minded...

I have many interests, but being single-minded I like to do one thing at the time! :) I like my work (as a university teacher in media technology), but I hate when I have to many different assignments simultaneously...

I wish life was like notpr0n! One assignment ("level") at the time, and when it's ready... another one! ;)

If I have the opportunity I can easily become obsessed... like now with notpr0n... But also when I fall in love with other things or persons... :)

I have some creative interests: writing (diary, letters/emails, short stories), photographing, playing guitarr, making small "multimedia-productions" (in Macromedia Director) for my children etc.

I do yoga, swim, run and go to a gym now and then (but there's also periods when I don't do any exercise at all... :rolleyes:

I'm not a party person -- I like more to be with a few friends that I like and know well, than with a lot of strangers...

As a teacher in Sweden you have a long summer vacation (2½ month), and then I change personality completely!!! My friends say there's a "winter-ulf" and a "summer-ulf" -- I'm like Dr Jekyll and Mister Hyde! :devil:

The long cold and DARK winter in Sweden makes me wanna stay indoors, reading books, creating things, watching movies, being with my friends and so on. I tend to be more "in my head", more intellectual in the winter...

In the summer in Sweden, the sun is present almost 24 hours a day! Then I wanna be outdoors and I suddenly realize I have a BODY too -- not just a head!

I love travelling! But like jooly I don't want package or hotel based holidays.

NOOOO! Waste of time in my opinion...

Yes, it's actually a part of my work, and computer games is actually my field of research at the university. When I play for fun I prefer "adventure games", like Myst, Grim Fandango, Syberia, Kings Quest, Monkey Island etc.

I think there are some similarities between notpr0n and these adventure games -- they both require riddle and puzzle solving to proceed in the game...

Like David I love comic books! (Donald Duck by Carl Barks is a real nostalghia trip for me!)

A novel I liked was The DaVinci Code (like unrealtiger;) ) -- not surprising since it deals a lot with codes and riddles -- like notpr0n!!! Like many others here I also like Science Fiction, Tolkien and Douglas Adams.

And more "heavy" stuff: Kurt Vonnegut, Herman Hesse, Sartre, , and a lot of swedish writers like Strindberg, Hjalmar Söderberg, Sven Delblanc and others that are probably only known by swedish people...

In the lazy summer time I like to read easy detective stories, lying at the beach (in Greece preferably!)

I also read a lot of non-fiction books: about history, computer games, philosophy, science etc.

What kind of movies do you like? What kind of music?

I have a confession: Sometimes I use music and movies just as a way of changing my state of mind or mood! :rolleyes:

At these occations I want to listen to music and see movies that makes me feel good and strong and happy. Or make me feel sad and make me cry, if that's what I want... Then I like movies like Forrest Gump, Notting Hill, As God As It Gets, Italian for beginners etc. and I like the early music of Bruce Springsteen (from the 80's), music from the 60' and early 70's when I was really young (nostalghia!) etc.

When I was young(er) I would never have admitted the above! Then music for me was a part of one's personality, so you had to be very careful with what you declared as your favorites! :)
Last edited by ulf_h on 31-05-2005 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Do you know the game "Kyrandia"? Really cool! It has 2 sequels, based on the same story, but each is different from the others. You wander around, collect things, find out how and where to use them etc. An old DOS based goldpiece :)
junimond_

Post by junimond_ »

thanks for sharing :) it's a really interesting thread - hope that some more will post in here
ulf_h

Post by ulf_h »

Kisa wrote: Do you know the game "Kyrandia"? Really cool! :)

No, I don't! Sounds interesting. Gotta check it out!
Thank you Kisa! :p
junimond_ wrote: thanks for sharing :) it's a really interesting thread - hope that some more will post in here

A agree!!! :)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

don't touch kyrandia. bad bad adventure where you can even make lots of mistakes which should never ever happen in adventures :S
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Yeah, ignore part 1, part 3 is the best!