the 1.7 beta.....

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Dazlin

the 1.7 beta.....

Post by Dazlin »

What I liked:

The best thing for me was the sound bouncing off the post that is soo cool! I also think the prac mode pwnz the sound of the gun when it charges up is cool but after a while gets annoying so I turned my speakers off :( its good shooting prac against the bots cos they know what to do as keep finally.... volley only kicks ass so I hope the servers that are volley only get labelled Volley only or normal or something like that ^_^ its really cool that if you are sprinting towards the ball it goes much faster one the score board is 1337 and works well it has so far for me.

WHAT I DIDNT LIKE:

That the weapon has no view bob ghay I feel as if imp floating around :( that the bots move after you have scored oh yeh and the bot keeper pwns me at keeping :(

BUGS:
1.bots move after you score
2. When you crouch u can move just as fast as when you stand up
3.maybe you have slightly too much sprint
4.if you are keeping you can drop the ball... then dodge at it and volley it and it goes like a bat outa hell
5. I want view bob!!!! I feel if I am floating so ghey

Other than that I haven’t found any other bugs fix those 5 bugs and you got teh 1337 version 1.7 ^_^
Dazlin

Post by Dazlin »

ROFL:

My ip just got banned on the 1.7beta server for scoring 2 own goals :/
Good idea but if you are keep and u try to volley it away but volley it into the top of you net twice by accident it could be un fair same as if you pass it back to the keep and he misses it both unfair :(

Can I get a unban now plz ty ^_^
Last edited by Dazlin on 23-04-2003 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

never.
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

period
Chrisfu

Post by Chrisfu »

Things I didn't like:

* An option should be added to have some slight weapon bob or not.
* Need more distinction between impact hammer and ball-launcher. Maybe a simple skin change?
* I'm not sure about 4 jumps yet, but when Afflictor was taking some shots against me this afternoon, 4 seemed like too much. :|
* Reduce the shot power slightly. Divide the amount you added to the original value by 2, and see how we go with that. More powerful than it was before, but not as powerful as it is now.
* Fix speed crouch bug.
* Fix F1 scoreboard bugs, some people not visible. I played a 5v5 beta pickup game this afternoon, and when the game started there was no stats on F1 anymore, just names.

Stuff I liked:
* The new gun is pretty damn good. Gives me an extra 10fps on Cube.
* I actually like the new charge sound.
* F3 stats work fine for me all the time.
* Crossbar and post "clink" sounds are excellent.
* F1 scoreboard, when it works, is nice.

The first "dislikes" list may be larger, but all in all i'm quite happy with the way 1.7 is shaping up. The keeper stuff and shot power definately needs looking at though.
SpikeBall

Post by SpikeBall »

we want Weapon Bob now:),we want Weapon Bob now:),we want Weapon Bob now:). Seriously now, are u going to fix it on 1.7 final release, DavidM ? (or one of the coders,moddelers, whatever)
Last edited by SpikeBall on 23-04-2003 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

i don't like the new sound :X

but you have to make the weapon switch more obvious
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

why not change the crosshair to indicate you have the ball. like change its color to red to indicate your armed? or somthing to that effect,
fro

Post by fro »

cos some people use custom crosshairs/custom crosshair colours.

and some dont even use one at all!

what will those crazy kids think of next?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

to indicate that you have the ball....
i have some ideas in mind

i want to add a 2nd catch sound that ONLY YOU hear
so no confusion with other players catch sounds
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

something like a horde of angry wives chasing you :D
Chrisfu

Post by Chrisfu »

Could someone merge these 1.7beta threads?
stigdu

Post by stigdu »

It's like you're floating - version 1.7 seems to have lost the weapon bob from 1.6.

I also had a bug playing last night where my gun would keep switching every 2 seconds from ball launcher to shield gun, then back again, even though I didn't even have the ball - it kept locking onto other players and was really annoying.

Finally, the bot A.I. seems to have gone to pot since I upgraded to those 2 1.7 beta files - now the goalie and defence of the opposing team hardly even move, and my own team-mates KEEP passing back to me all the time, even if I don't want the friggin' ball!!!

Please sort these issues out, as I really love this game-mode for UT2k3, and I do understand you are putting a lot of hard work into it, and is greatly appreciated. :)
Dazlin

Post by Dazlin »

one last thing i would like maybe a different ball i think it would be cool....

somethin like this?
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

ugly :|

IGN (IGL?) had (has?) a nice ball on their server, with some sort of blue forcefield around it