My only friend, the end

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

f1end

Post by f1end »

nerf is ghey and should be boosted
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

boost me away...a million miles away from here!
BL44T

Post by BL44T »

Everyone started as a noob, some still are [like me]. The publics are in first use for noobs, that's clear. All other players who wanna play DB but can't play in a pickup for the simple reason there isn't one up, have to join a public. It's really gheyish to play with people who don't know what boosting is and try to play volley only while they even can't volley :z but still i think these publics should exist for those who wanna practise and become better. Not everyone [like me n°2] knew DB when they bought UT2003. Give them a chance to try it all out a bit and if they like it, theyll become better and play more, later join irchannels and later join a clan..
f1end

Post by f1end »

Easy answer is to have pwed public servers...where the pw is only given to people who play to a certain standard...leave the publics for teh n00bs, but still have a server to play a good game on with some good players.

I am thinking of doing this for the Muppet server...o just using it 4 pickup games.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

do the muppets have this certain standard? :D

ok, this was evil :P
Robotojon

Post by Robotojon »

lol touche \o/
KRENUM

n00bs

Post by KRENUM »

Being a n00b I can safely say I'd rather not play with a bunch of pro's LOL

Even though, it's much easier to get better playing with people better than you, I understand the frustration the pro's have when I miss a volley or I simply turnover the ball.

I think if you want to have a serious game you should pw the server, might be frustrating for me, but a helluva lot less frustrating for you :)

Besides, we can always find another server to practice on :/
Last edited by KRENUM on 25-04-2003 17:41, edited 1 time in total.
Killing_U

Post by Killing_U »

i have an idea!
in the server browser where it shows whether it is standard or instagib there should be a meter of how good u hav to be to join
make a score tracking system that keeps track of ur scores so when a noob tries to get to an 'expert' server he gets an error
'back off noob you succk too much to join
levels of skill:
n00b>skiled>good>expert>1337 (too bad only DavidM can join)
-Camel-

Post by -Camel- »

How we gonna measure whos a n00b an whos an alrite player havin a bad day though, an when r we gonna know if a n00b has got good enough 2 reach the next standard. If u gonna pwed servers, u might as well just play friendly clanwars all the time.