A Music thread

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

supamom

Post by supamom »

Springer wrote: OH! supamom, you like Level 42?! Did you read that I said Mark King lives here in the Island and is SUCH a NICE guy!!! I am SO pleased he still has some fans! :)

Oh, how cool is that, say Hi to him when you see him again from a fello fan:D I have seen them live, and they were AWESOME!!!
garg

Post by garg »

Morris wrote: My music collection is quite broad but here`s some of my favourite bands:
Faith No More, Metallica, Rush (greatest band ever), Maiden,
At the Drive-In, The Mars Volta, Manic Street Preachers,
Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, Zeppelin,Scissor Sisters, Coldplay, Slayer, RHCP...
...and of course some finnish bands like Mokoma and Viikate!!

This is a broad taste in music these days?

They're all just guitar music, whatever bollocks sub genre you want to label them all.

Try listening to all those, and bands like Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs, korn, masterdon, etc etc....

And then listening to all the stuff on my previous list.

THAT'S what I think of as a pretty diverse taste in music.

The late John Peel would turn in his grave at these sorts of threads :<.
puckoberon

Post by puckoberon »

John Peel, talking about way back when... I used to lisen to him on BFBS, when I was still living near the German border. And of course later on when he had his own program on VPRO radio (a Dutch station) Always new and fantastic music...
lo_

Post by lo_ »

garg, didn't you say something about not flaming peoples taste earlier? :D
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

I can recommend the jukebox feature in itunes... it plays all the music on your hard drive randomly. I have 8.7 GB (I know, some of you have a _lot_ more ;) ), that's 5.4 days if I played all of it (itunes tells you that). That way listening to my music almost never gets boring. When I have friends over and turn on the jukebox they always say it's a wild mixture as I listen to all kinds of different music... for me that's a good thing as well :D.. but each to their own.

Oh, and has anyone ever listened to Nouvelle Vague? They remixed some of the old New Wave stuff, that's where the band name comes from. There's this guy from Air who's involved in that project... anyway, it's really fun to listen to.
Last edited by Serendipity on 02-05-2005 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
theCrusifix

Post by theCrusifix »

oooooooh, oooooooooh, i like mandy moore, brittany spears, backstreat boys, mono ringtones, LFO, Milly vanilli, oingo boingo, Dixy chicks, DEVO, 98 degrees, destiny's child, s club 7, and thats about it....you all need to check them out, then take a bath and burn your clothes,,,,its fun!!!!!
elvisyo

Post by elvisyo »

Sorry for whoever it was (Garg?) but -

:lol:
fastpitchgirl501

Post by fastpitchgirl501 »

yeah same here.....i remember wen i was little i listened to that stuff tho now i look back and go "wtf was i thinking?!?!?!?!"
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Yeah, especially the mono ringtones... lol
aic2276

Post by aic2276 »

theCrusifix wrote: oooooooh, oooooooooh, i like mandy moore, brittany spears, backstreat boys, mono ringtones, LFO, Milly vanilli, oingo boingo, Dixy chicks, DEVO, 98 degrees, destiny's child, s club 7, and thats about it....you all need to check them out, then take a bath and burn your clothes,,,,its fun!!!!!
that's funny. :lol:
Bazje

Post by Bazje »

Muse....Red Hot Chili Peppers......Reel Big Fish.....Drowning Pool!
subgenius

Post by subgenius »

I saw the red hot chili peppers last summer in Paris - it was an amazing concert. the way they play together, and off eachother is incredible.
fastpitchgirl501

holy crap i forgot bout all them.they r awsum too
aic2276

Post by aic2276 »

Also forgot to mention RHCP and Saliva.
fastpitchgirl501

dam im forgetting about the greatest bands alive..sumtimes i surprise my self on how big a fan i am and i just forget wen i try to remember them..........if that makes any sense to u ppl