so you wanna keep it like it is now? 4 months seasons lol
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

... point taken

i'd perfer 1-2 month seasons and playoffs... 3 months actually sounds good imo
Hoju

Post by Hoju »

Basically the issue is the 3rd division has two types of teams. The good new teams, and the not so good teams. Neither type is happy about the third division and would like more appropriate competition. So, I have two ideas.

1.) Make the seasons shorter. With shorter seasons, teams can get moved up faster and the blowouts are limited. Also if teams drop, the effects of this would be limited.

2.) Have new teams start out in 2nd (middle) division. The blowouts would be less severe.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

Hoju is correct, Shorter leagues means more tolerence and starting new teams in league 2 would let us place the correctly next league. you could also fluxate 2 teams from each league every season.

the top 2 from league 2 go to league 1, the bottem 2 from legue 1 to league 2, bottem form league 2 to league 3 and top 2 from league 3 to league 2. Its pretty simple and lets us all play against more teams from varius skill levels. The only exception to this would be if 4 teams get stuck in a grind between 2 leagues (they are always the bottem 2 or top 2) at which point you would only change the bottem and top team from each league.
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

Surge wrote: Its pretty simple and lets us all play against more teams from varius skill levels.

Umm, hello, that's exactly what the proposed league will do.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

i still thinks hojus idea is by far the best that has been come up yet. btw foo mls uses the 3 point system if i am not mistaken.

these sessions are far to long, they shouldn't be more than a month imo, sure that means less games per league but it means that teams have quicker chances as rising to the top and also less chance of the league geting fucked over becuase few teams leave, (like if you beat a team 4 times but another team loses to them 4 times, the team leaves the league and you are fucked)

also i think game would be a lot more exciting if overtime was allowed. game winning goal are so much fun, makes things more dramatic and more fun. cuz you know if you can pull that last minenute tie you can still win. just what db needs a little hit of addrenlin.
Hoju

Post by Hoju »

lol, who cares about the MLS, it blows. Champions League is where it's at.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

yeah but foo was talking about na not euro ;)
Bazzi

Post by Bazzi »

My plan would be increase the league's teams and play each other once... script decides whether you are home or guest team :)