Silliest logical mistake you made

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

nighthawk263

Post by nighthawk263 »

how about the silliest logical mistake of all........actually loggin on here and becoming addicted to this riddle and everything that goes along with it.:D
puckoberon

Post by puckoberon »

nighthawk263 wrote: how about the silliest logical mistake of all........actually loggin on here and becoming addicted to this riddle and everything that goes along with it.:D

That's not a mistake, that's a character flaw:D
Maybe it's time to set up NPA-branches:confused:

And not really on topic, but my silliest mistake must be {shame mode on}pm'ing someone the incorrect hint for the end of lvl 36, because my notes weren't that logically.... Put it straight after 36 hours checking it myself after she stayed absolutely stuck. {shame mode of}
stoertebeker

Post by stoertebeker »

lvl 30 really drove me nuts!!

I did everything you could possibly think of . I checked Davids site over and over again reading everything to find some clues (I'm sorry, but I'm soooo sick of looking at pictures showing your face ;) ) ... searched the net, manipulated pics in p-shop, scanned every bit of metadata i could find. I even read articels and tutorials about adobes image-metadata-tools etc etc etc

Finally I got the right url by accident because I did't erase all I meant to from the adress. I pmed someone because I was major frustrated to solve a riddle not having a clue how and why and the answer was even more frustrating because I did the right thing on the wrong page several times ..... two days long ....

omg I hate lvl 30!!!
aic2276

Post by aic2276 »

How about this one. Had the answer to a level right away today and disregarded it as I thought it was too long to be the answer.
Jay2k1
Administrator

Post by Jay2k1 »

I know exactly what u mean :D although i just tried.
Peachychan

Post by Peachychan »

*totally dies* yay, first time I'm ever posting on a forum!

But dear lord, I just made the silliest logical mistake ever on level 9.....
It was right in front of my face, but I thought it was waaaay too easy so I spent a whole day googling random things...
and when I tried it out of frustration, and it worked, I laughed for at least a minute straight at my total stupidity. :D
junimond_

Post by junimond_ »

well i opened a door... after that - one silly mistake followed the next :D
Springer

Post by Springer »

junimond_ wrote: well i opened a door... after that - one silly mistake followed the next :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
YES! That's just the mistake we've all made!! It says it all!
:lol:
longjohn

Post by longjohn »

Well, this is completely right.

However, mine was on Level 36:

I had found the unusual thing in the source but interpreted it completely wrong, wasting half a day searching google for a proper converter and after finding one and using it I found out it had been for completely nothing... This really drove me crazy that moment :confused:
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

I only made one silly logical mistake, but repeatedly. My mistake is always ignoring the correct method or the correct source for the solution.
The last one of this type was the button search ...
That's like going straight ahead, and right before reaching the aim, turning to the left ...
Unistardust

Post by Unistardust »

gosh...logical mistake
on 75, which the photo is showing a rabbit/mouse/squirrel...
and the title said "Do you know the keyword to my group?"

and...I just...

search the species/group name for that little animal!!! :mad:
...."cricetid", "murine", "sciurine"
overestimate the topic and perform the google work stupidly

:noob:
triper

Post by triper »

junimond_ wrote: well i opened a door... after that - one silly mistake followed the next :D

Same here and I still bang my head to the wall for making that mistake. :D
LONE.SC

Post by LONE.SC »

I just had the worst day today. I don´t think my brain worked properly.

I was on level 53 reading the thread. People were writing about things and numbers that I couldn´t relate to at all. I spent a long long time reading and looking at the source codes getting more and more confused

Then finally it hit me. I was on level 53 but the thread I was reading was level 54.
Zero Resistance

Post by Zero Resistance »

Level 23..[spoiler removed]... i wasted 30 minutes trying to find out what is the answer...
Last edited by Zero Resistance on 18-07-2005 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
Kaliel

Post by Kaliel »

on the level 23 i wasted more than one day until find out the awnser too.. that was a reallly cool =P