This Is Why No One Plays Deathball

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Messy

Post by Messy »

I tried to teach Negyxo some stuff and he just walked all over me and pwnt from the start :<

He's a natural!

I sold my soul to the devil for this shit and I still suck ¬_¬
PITS|Phoenix

Post by PITS|Phoenix »

lol
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

Messy wrote: I sold my soul to the devil for this shit and I still suck ¬_¬

your soul wasn't worth much to me :devil:
:-)

Post by :-) »

Including the noobie guide with every installation of deathball, or linking to it in either the online section or main menu would really fix alot of problems. Theres nothing wrong with noobs besides that they don't know whats going on becuase they don't have a clue of how to play, and don't realize everything needs to be explained to make life easy.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

if only the first time db is run it wouldn't open up a link to a new player guide or what not. or some kinda assortment of smaller videos on a site that showed different things instead of one giant video that takes forever to download o/

someone with ambition could take the current db vide and cut it up. i'd host the video peices on lagfrag if dbnet couldn't i guess?
Lougie

Post by Lougie »

DiStUrbeD wrote: your soul wasn't worth much to me :devil:

lol <3 Dist

:noob:
Messy

Post by Messy »

DiStUrbeD wrote: your soul wasn't worth much to me :devil:

That's why I took it to the devil :\

Fairy Tim would have just made it into pixy dust or whatever.

ps: <3
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

It's one thing to have a team name that suggests that you're competitive, it's another thing to have one that's an acronym for a statement that imho can only be taken as arrogance.. especially when it's spammed in pubs by some team members who manage to score on rookies in severely lopsided matchups.

Sickening? I think so.
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

No matter what, we got a huge problem with noobs. Not many keeps on playing after their first time. We need to make them see how great this game is. Deathball's future is in the noob's hands imo.
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

Get them in the NADBL and they will be fine. We're making a big push for new players today.
InSaNe`

Post by InSaNe` »

berk, the same cannot be said for all PITS, some of them are pretty nice (personality wise).

afaik everyone in PITS started DB around 1.7<* with the exception of Liam, who was just a pub whore :P So I wouldn't go around calling them "vets". Same applies for Alias, he's been around for a while but you can't slap the veteran tag on him.

The true vets are from .9 - 1.4b. Talk to anyone who started from that time and you'll get along with them fine.

Oh yeah and Dist is right, welcome to 1.6 :D
CorDawg-

Post by CorDawg- »

sane you suck at vetting
PITS|Phoenix

Post by PITS|Phoenix »

InSaNe` wrote: berk, the same cannot be said for all PITS, some of them are pretty nice (personality wise).

afaik everyone in PITS started DB around 1.7<* with the exception of Liam, who was just a pub whore :P So I wouldn't go around calling them "vets". Same applies for Alias, he's been around for a while but you can't slap the veteran tag on him.

The true vets are from .9 - 1.4b. Talk to anyone who started from that time and you'll get along with them fine.

Oh yeah and Dist is right, welcome to 1.6 :D

I been around since 1.2-1.4 :D

Just noone remembers me. lol. My first clan for db was back when |NERV| was still playing db.
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

PITS|Phoenix wrote: I been around since 1.2-1.4 :D

Just noone remembers me. lol. My first clan for db was back when |NERV| was still playing db.

From the BuD#2 server logs (formerly the V3 UT2003 server):

http://bud.recongamer.com/lookup.php?search=%7CNERV%7C
PITS|Phoenix

Post by PITS|Phoenix »

I <3 you and your logs imag. :)