Scoring....

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Fallen
Banned

Scoring....

Post by Fallen »

Ok, last night in a ballers game, I was put in net. I'm purely defense, so I don't play offense or keep, but will go in any position I'm given. Anyways, we lost by one I think 8-7, yet 5-6 of the goals I gave up were one's that were passed into the net. At first, I was just brushing it off. Mind you guys, I only gave up 2-3 Real Goals that where good shots. But when it comes to these passing shots that go into the goal and score, it just pisses me off. It is becoming very abusive in all sorts of game, pubs or even clan scrims or league matches.

I would like someone to side on me for this topic because it will be as abusive as dribbling was when it was around.

PBox camping is also becoming a nuisance now, everyone does it, yet, my clan still score because we do it on a fast break. That's the only way to score anymore! Volleys are non-exsistent in a league match when two teams have good defense.

My 2 cents.

Fallen aka Bullet
L33FY

Post by L33FY »

:| Pass shots are a strategy - If noob attackers shoot at the keeper with them thats the keepers fault he misses the save, a good attacker will tuck in in the side, they dont exactly travel fast even, a dodge could even save that.
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

I know, but getting too abusive! That's my whole fuking point!
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

your wrong

If an attacker gets close enough to where a pass shot is a viable shot, then its your defense's fault. I am not sure how you see this as a form of abuse. When the new gun gets put in DB, weapon change time will be non-existent and attackers, like myself will be able to get these shots off even faster. Deal.
bURNINGrOID

Post by bURNINGrOID »

Are we talking about 1 Timers here? Passing across the crease (in front of the net) and volleying it in? If we are, I can't believe you're are bitching about it. It's not an easy thing to pull off, especially against a good defense. How about instead of whining that new tactics and strategies are unfair, and should be removed you suck it up and adjust.

On a side note, it's fricking amazing that the often abused complaint of 'campers' has entered DB.
gnomeh

Post by gnomeh »

1) Its your defense fault for letting them get that close
2) Its fair shot...just get quicker reaction time
3) You have a hammer...use it :/
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

so , like in football, its an abuse if some1 passes it into the goal, instead of smashing it as hard as possible?

nope, sorry dont agree at all!
Scotteh

Post by Scotteh »

Imo, how can pass shots be abusive. They're very easy to save and its nothing compared to that of the n00b-cannon. I've actually used the pass shot ever since I've played the game, but only in situations where I know I'm about to get my head smashed in. Pass-shots aren't that great, and any offensive player will choose to shoot the ball than to use a pass-shot. Deciding when to use which one, is what makes some offensive players stand out.
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

Pass-shots are a completely viable tactic. It's hard enough to make it through a good defence to get off one anyway, it's a skill, and a completely valid tactic :). Just ask any of the england keepers how useful it is...
FireCell

Post by FireCell »

I cant really believe that you want that changed or something. As everyone else has said if you managed to penetrate the defence enough that using a pass shot is an option then rethink your defence. I find when playing a good clan that as soon as i get past the defence and consider using a pass shot the keeper is up in my face and i either die or i pass straight into them.
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

Catalyst88 wrote: Pass-shots are a completely viable tactic. It's hard enough to make it through a good defence to get off one anyway, it's a skill, and a completely valid tactic :). Just ask any of the england keepers how useful it is...

Ye, Bedlam will tell you after i got him twice :D :lol:

Anyway, im bias cos im an attacker (as if sum1 didnt know that :rolleyes: ) so pass shots to me are a god send.. it takes a few tenths of a second to get a good shot (little power) out of ur gun.. whereas a pass is instantainius.

If you played attack, you;d now how difficult it is to charge a shot wen you got NaB (TEZC) and Bedlam (1234)/Gimic (TEZC) in goal before being blown to bits... you dont have time to charge..

I suggest you try it before knocking it.. i dare u to try and charge it up with that D/GK :p

Also: Next you'll be bitching cos people fire the ball 37m/s from 2m's away wen they dont need to and its impossible to save :lol: :lol: :devil:
f1end

Post by f1end »

I thought u meant something else with this post....

I have now scored 2 goals in league matches which were meant to be passes...[sorry cY and TEZC :p] from about the half way line...but cos my player had just been boosted, the pass went to where he was going to be, which, due to the speed he was travelling, was in the back of the net. :D
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

ok, if its a viable tatic for the scorer, maybe give the keeper some heads up if he is gonna shoot onto the net...just a suggestion...this thread is mostly out of hatred I had yesterday for this shot
fro

Post by fro »

this is getting silly.

let the keeper know what shot the attacker is going to pull off?

would you like the engine to dodge and catch it for you too?
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

Okay, forget my stupid idea about the heads-up, really when I think about it, its a very stupid idea. You offensive whores say its a tactic? Well, I have seen a growing number of strikers just using it. These players score using this tactic about say 65-80% of their goals. Does it make them a good scorer?

I can name a few players who just use pass goals...but won't reveal their names.