supamom

Post by supamom »

*sharpintakeofbreath* Davidg, naughty, naughty boy:lol:
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Nice :)
david_g

Post by david_g »

Looks like dipshit from masterforums has been spamming more notpron forums.

http://forums.livingwithstyle.com/showt ... ge=2&pp=30

near the bottom of that page.

And for another forum we might want to play with, try http://pub35.bravenet.com/forum/2945338055/show/398486

I guarentee you'll laugh when you read that thread.
Last edited by david_g on 12-03-2005 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
DeadSkinMask

Post by DeadSkinMask »

damn, where are hackers when you need them? then we could bring masterforums down
david_g

Post by david_g »

I've thought about that before.

The other thing I was thinking that might work, is if we get all the notpron old answers (cheating pages) to redirect to a page that says something like

"Looks like you’ve hit the cheater page (again)

Pissed that we keep changing answers? Is it messing up your game?

Numerous walkthroughs have popped up on the internet. We closely monitor these walkthroughs, and when they post answers, we have to change the answers accordingly.

Want to know what you can do to stop this? Register at the following forums:
nordinho.com
masterforums.com
and complain to them to take down their walkthroughs. Post fake answers if you like. Be warned though – masterforums will ban your IP if you flame them.

Email the admin from masterforums in charge of posting their answers at master@masterforums.com and tell him what a jerk he is for messing up everyone’s games. Use this form http://nordinho.com/vbull/sendmessage.php as another way of getting the message to the nordinho admin.

If you’d like to report another other walkthroughs you’ve found, please email the notpron team."

But I could see something like that creating a negative backlash.
stormy

Post by stormy »

I have to ask:

what is a walkthrough?:confused:
david_g

Post by david_g »

Something that gives you all the answers for a game.
stormy

Post by stormy »

:eek:

Oh. OK so I feel real dumb right about now.
stormy

Post by stormy »

OK I really am stupid. I've been checking my pm's looking at my empty box, not able to track messages etc.

Just realized I had to change from "last day" to last two days to view todays pm's.

Go ahead somebody - smack the newbie.
david_g

Post by david_g »

I didn't mean it to deter cheaters. I meant it to swamp the guys who put up spoilers with a bunch of shit in their forums and mailboxes. The thinking was that if they got enough players complaining to them (because they're the reason that everyone's having to do levels over) then they might take down their answers.

But I can understand if people think it's a stupid idea anyways.
theCrusifix

Post by theCrusifix »

i doubt any walkthroughs will be put up soon. about 75% of all levels have been redone. but people wanting to just take a word and send it to davidm i'm sure they will get in the walkofshame. its very funny how some of them say they got the answer. like the playing hangman one. that was great....
DeadSkinMask

Post by DeadSkinMask »

lol did the hangman guy actually expect to get on? hahhaa lol the norpton thing was me... i didnt actually expect anyone to fall for that... lol the least they could do is check the source and see that it is indeed a real 404
DeadSkinMask

Post by DeadSkinMask »

lol david turned norpton into a real link, w/ a real fake source...nice
Cryolite

Post by Cryolite »

This is fun. To read how cheaters get caught. I too have found some warning when redoing the puzzles from the beginning with the old solutions.
I however find your remark about people who just register to this forum to find answers they can't find on other sites a bit shortsighted.
Some people just ask rl friends (i have 2 with whom i do this game) for hints and look through this forum for hints and then finally find the end. It didn't take me 3 months to solve all this. Also i didn't register to this forum since I don't like to post things when I feel I don't add anything. (I rather read all stuff and finally when I find I can contribute, I'll post something)
hintze

Post by hintze »

erm ... sry... quiet "old" thread ;) but i have to ask...
first of all i want to say: i LOVE notpron. its REALLY good :) and i am not alone. i got the URL to notpron from LeSersch (registered in this forum as well, a buddy of me). he said: "here - begin to play it and you will be addicted to it!"... i have not believed him^^ then i started. since this day (march 29th) we solve riddles together. but the game is so fantastic, that i linked this game to my sister and two further buddies... now we are "puzzling" and "associating" (is it spelled correctly? sorry for my bad english) together. we are a group of 5 people (currently in lvl 19). if we are able too... it can be possible, that we reach lvl 80 together. is this cheating? because some of you "old" notproners said, that they are proud of having solved every riddle on their own. i understand it... but i want you to understand us: it is fun to share every step you found out to solve a riddle... it is really funny to play this game with four other persons. but now i feel a little bit like these cheaters... :( plz say me, that its ok to solve the riddles with my friends. i really respect the work which is done for notpron and i love the game, so i want to play it fair! (cause its supposed to be a fair game, too)