Rants

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

thisthingismadddhard

Post by thisthingismadddhard »

see, i was really amazed when several people said they did it in a week or two, even days! they cheated and doesn't even have the intellegence to say something that makes sense..
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

wow, great stuff there!

quote:
No - if you'd done the whole thing you'd have seen the thing on the page before you get to the secret.htm
saying that he hid a message in the last page to deter cheaters. It really is the keyword and the last page, but he put the thing in the source so that people who hadn't seen everything that came before that page would think it was a fake ending.
secret.htm really is the final page and really is what you're supposed to send as the keyword.
Last edited by DavidM on 05-03-2005 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

-I added a new requirement to the p.....htm file and
-I added a sarcastic line to secret.htm

:D
david_g

Post by david_g »

That post's mine. I just wanted to play with them a little bit.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

awww dammit, too bad we can't edit anything :D
david_g

Post by david_g »

removed
Last edited by david_g on 05-03-2005 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
veryhardgame

Post by veryhardgame »

I thought of 1 way that somebody would get secret.htm but they would have to be really stupid - People who were on the first ranking got an email about the new end - "...I reset the endscreen ranking! Additional to the *****....htm there is a new riddle (so just start on this secret htm to go on)..."
aic2276

Post by aic2276 »

DavidM wrote: can you guys all use this formular (http://nordinho.com/vbull/sendmessage.php) and ask them to remove the notpron subforum because its horrible how its ruining notpron itself?

I sent one in asking to be removed. Do you think you really needed to ask me? We all know how I feel about cheaters. :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW great little line on secret.htm. Classic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by aic2276 on 05-03-2005 04:59, edited 1 time in total.
miwright

Post by miwright »

David_g....awesome. :)
TRock

Post by TRock »

This whole thing is hilarious and tragic at the same time. I went back to the board that introduced me to pron and someone mentioned something about a walkthrough they had and I posted that I didn't think that was cool and MY post got deleted and the walkthrough post is still there. Le Sigh.

Crusifix has a point - something is definitely happened somewhere. If I hadn't had to take off time for a job I would have ranked around 150 (approximating based on the date when I stopped at level 79). Now just a few weeks later when I come back to finish I dropped all the way down to 300. Crazy. That's a whole lot of folks discovering and finishing this game all of a sudden. This game rocks it so hard and winning is SO SATISFYING for those who really do the work. I'd hate to see the rankings sullied by some rampant silliness.

- Tania :)

(I like how bro is going to "sue" for calling him a cheater. :lol: ! )
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

sorry david, had to remove it....because its sorta spoiling the idea of the last riddle....cant have that here

Trock,my new addition should really filter out the jerks....I hope
dunno
it's just 3 new ones tonight....in the last few days it was 15 or so
Last edited by DavidM on 05-03-2005 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
supamom

Post by supamom »

I emailed the admins on that site, but i doubt it will do anygood. We need pretty much everyone who has ever completed notpron honestly to post to them over and over again till they get bored of us! It is annoying when you spend, well for me, several months doing this riddle, only to have morons use a walkthru and do it in a few days! Oh well, there will always be cheats i suppose, but if we can discourage them it will be good.
seer

Post by seer »

Emailed Admin

I just cannot understand cheaters at all.....and I certainly cannot understand people that promote cheating. I have noticed when giving out hints etc, the amount of first time posters that appear on level 80, and I think I have reported it twice to the Moderators.

Is there anyway that forum registration must be activated prior to viewing any threads, because 99.99% of the people use the Forum to read threads / ask hints. At least then you would have some pre-knowledge of how long somebody has spent doing NOTPRON, and their forum registration name must be given on final contact. No Cheater is gonna register today and come back in a months time to finish.
Last edited by seer on 05-03-2005 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
junimond_

Post by junimond_ »

i emailed too. and if there is a need...i'll do it again and again!!
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

pssst i wrote this one:
"mahahahaha
secret.htm
I am on the ranking!!!"
to have em going on the fake ending more