keeper quad jump

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

theberkin8or

keeper quad jump

Post by theberkin8or »

in normal game i think this is a good idea, stops a lot of the stupid wall volleying but in volley only games on small cube it makes life a lot harder for O. the point of these games isn't low scoring games, they are fast paced fun but the keeper having quad jump hurts that imo, so davidm could we have under a subheading of the volley only choice for servers that you can cut off keeper quad jump?
Large Potato

Post by Large Potato »

keepers can only double jump anyway.......

edit: oops just reread the 1.7 beta info

hmm i kinda think that keeper should stay as double jump, perhaps triple jump as max. Will make it too easy to intercept wall volley pass attempts
Last edited by Large Potato on 05-04-2003 06:56, edited 1 time in total.
gnomeh

Post by gnomeh »

quad jump is way too much
I stop enough with double-jump...with quad jump..that will just be nutso
FAT('.')BOY

Post by FAT('.')BOY »

This will certainly come down to attack vs defense debate.

I play d and goal when no-ones there and the quad jump makes keeping much more fun, you can just get all those annoying floaty little balls

One thing about it is you have to be careful about not coming down on the bar =)
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

I like it that they brought back the quadjumps, so now i can finally stop those anoying wallvollehs :@
saur0n

Post by saur0n »

they're bringing back keeper quad jump?

hell yeah, i hated that they took that out

maybe this is an argument against, but i love dodge forward + 4 jumps to halfway down the field :D
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

i love dodge forward + 4 jumps to halfway down the field :D
that is still out :p
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

Finally you whores will learn how to lob and pass instead of gheying the ball off the wall all the time.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

yeah like i said for normal game play it is great, but i still think that for volley only small cube that it needs to be 2 jumps. wall volleying is annoying in normal games but is very important in these small cube games becuase if you try to lob it each time you are never going to score (being able to have options is the 0's streght in this situation)
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

On the con side (from a keeper's prospective)

It leaves the goal a lot more open, for more time...if you quad jump and miss the ball, the goal is wide open for anyone

Overall, i love the idea.