so called pro's

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

diode

so called pro's

Post by diode »

I get really, really fucked off with ppl always bitching about playing with a bunch of n00Bs. All I say is STOP BEING SO MEAN, u weren't fucking brilliant when u first played I bet. Why not encourge ppl rather than slag them off. No one will wanna come back if they get treated like that, just cos their not as good as them. And being stuck in goal for ages and ages when your doing particually crap doesn't help.
Last edited by diode on 03-04-2003 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
diode

Post by diode »

LOL @ me, i didn't even read the thread titled "jerks", i was so insensed to do this thread I just did it :@)

I understand it must piss good players off abit, but ffs, dont be so brutal, and I was playing on Euro servers(gameservers.net to be persise).

and I know my spelling sucks, what do u expect, in English!
Chrisfu

Post by Chrisfu »

Ignore them, they're just as shit as you are i'd imagine. :)

One gets to a point where one "fucks off" pubs. One does not play on the pubs anymore, unless one wants a laugh. Or two.
fluffykitten

Post by fluffykitten »

Personally, if I'd just found the mod I doubt I'd still be playing after a week. Remember playing on 123/4 server every night for far too long for weeks around 1.2, but publics are such a clusterfuck of spam, wannabe heroes, noobcannoners and general shitty teamplay these days, that I've completely stopped visiting them too. Not quite sure why publics went downhill so fast, possibly a combination of more clan games being played, and the game being tuned specifically for clan games with a `who cares?' attitude about how it affected publics.
ThaGiMiC

Re: so called pro's

Post by ThaGiMiC »

diode wrote: I get really, really fucked off with ppl always bitching

what do u call ur post then?? :devil:

Everyone gets flamed when they first start, but thats just the way 'most' online games are, just forget about it and move on. Try not to take the insults to personally, would really consider forgetting about pub games tho. =|

Maybe tryout for a clan or something, you will learn alot faster with ppl who know what they are doing. If not just join the pickup games, like alot of noobs do :p
.m.

Post by .m. »

It's funny that the general concensus about the public servers is that they are crap.

It's been mentioned several times that "you" should join a clan to have a better playing experience. The bad part is that most clans would not accept a noob. They are all looking for "good/experienced" players. And the only way to get "good/experienced" is to play on the public crap servers that have no one in them, or don't want noobs in them.

Since the number of players is so limited right now, I think clans should unlock their servers and let anyone join them unless they are having a clan match or other clan related practice. The only servers that seem full are locked. So when newcomers to the game look at the availability of servers/players they might not give the game another chance wondering why no one is playing this thing. But if people had a variety of servers to join, and players to play against, it might open this mod up to more people.

So even though clans are good, they might be locking the door to more people right now because the amount of players is so low.
fluffykitten

Post by fluffykitten »

Clan servers are locked because it's more expensive for a public server than a private, not anything as devious as keeping noobs out ;p
.m.

Post by .m. »

fluffykitten wrote: Clan servers are locked because it's more expensive for a public server than a private, not anything as devious as keeping noobs out ;p

I was unaware of this... please explain why it's more expensive.

Is it because the clans are hosting their game server somewhere else? And that ISP will charge more for a public? I guess that would make sense.

There has to be some clans out there that host their own servers.
fluffykitten

Post by fluffykitten »

More expensive because public ones use more bandwidth. TEZC and quite a few other clans get our server from here:

http://www.gameservers.net/prices.php

Some kind clans like 123/4 and SoP do put up public servers, but most can't afford it.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

Lemmy cover this once and for all... Pub servers suck for experienced players worse than it does for n00bs because they are forced to play with people who dont knopw the basics of the game in many cases which is far more frustrating than someone calling you a n00b. In the US servers we'v pretty much all given up on pub servers and just play pickup games amongst the clanners because i dont want to waste 1/2 the game explaining how to play to people that can read the read-me or simply use the spectate button and actually watch the game beofre they jump into it. DB is not a complicated game, as long as you try to play well and be a team player (not a cherry picker or dumbass that likes running around randomly) then you will get no problems. I was a n00b once. No one liked me on the servers cause i was a lamer and told people off. Then i learned to shoot and how to play well and i'v had no problems since. I would rather watch others play and use them an an example of how to play well instead of comming here to complaining that people pick on you or what not. If you went to play street hockey with some friends and some1 said to you "Man you suck" do you go and complain to everyong because you think they can do something about it? no. Doing this solves nothing, its just asking for some pitty
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

fluffykitten wrote: More expensive because public ones use more bandwidth. TEZC and quite a few other clans get our server from here:

http://www.gameservers.net/prices.php

Some kind clans like 123/4 and SoP do put up public servers, but most can't afford it.

every single american clan has a public server or no server at all... some have 2, just use a redirect for maps and whatnot and you'll have no problems with bandwidth. Europe prolly just needs better server hosts.
.m.

Post by .m. »

Surge wrote: If you went to play street hockey with some friends and some1 said to you "Man you suck" do you go and complain to everyong because you think they can do something about it? no. Doing this solves nothing, its just asking for some pitty

If someone is just learning how to play street hockey, and goes to play with the locals, and they treat him like shit for being a noob, he would probably find a different place to play that has people of the same skill set.

Unfortunately in this DB community, there's no where else to go. You can't just go on to the next server, because no one is playing. So if the asshole local street hockey group is the only one to play with, he might just not want to play.

Are we asking for pitty? No... go ahead and laugh at us, we are probably laughing at ourselves most of the time. But my biggest problem is when you're getting kicked off the server because your a noob, there's no where else to go. Some might just quit, and that really hurts this game in the long run.
Cyph

Post by Cyph »

I've never seen a n00b kicked off the server unless he ignored repeated warnings to, for example, STAY IN THE FUCKING GOAL. I've seen plenty of n00bs come in, ask for help, and receive it.
.m.

Post by .m. »

I believe the server was Gibby's or Gibbens or Gib something. I was laughed at and harrassed... no biggie. Then I was booted for no reason what so ever. I never left the goal when I spawned there, but I couldn't make a volly shot to save my life. At first I thought it was an error, and reconnected, only to hear..."he's back", "who", "noob." "kick him again"

Oh well I guess I'll just find another server. Oh wait... no one is playing in the other servers. Damn, I guess I'll just log off and go back to CS.

Trust me, it happens.
Daverave29

Post by Daverave29 »

Ive noticed the noob problem mentioned on a few other forums (jolt, barrysworld etc) that they just cant play the game anymore due to the amount of slagging off they recieve.

Ive only played on the publics once and once was enough, this mod is being ruined by the players that support it.

As soon as I said "im new at this" my first responce was "Fucking noob" I was kicked and liked mentioned before, there is nobody else in the other servers.

I didnt even have a chance to play, most games do welcome new players into the ranks, they have to be able to grow, this is logical. I also think the term 'noob' is a misconception, ive playing online games since the days of mplayer and the orginal Unreal.
All I am is new to the mod and I understand the concept of team play. I love teamplay I think its great, but nobody here would seem to give that chance to prove it.

Anyway, im back off into BattleField 1942..... Might see ya round some CTF in UT2003 if you play....!