FAT('.')BOY

Post by FAT('.')BOY »

More power to the defense =)

fuck up on attack and its "unlucky" and "shame that was close"

fuck up on D and people just bitch.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

Across the pond here in NA we like high scoring, fast paced games, thats why soccer isnt as big here. Hockey is big here but its because its a constant fast paced game, not because of high scores. Deathball has no real apsects that make us want to play it as much. Infact last night some ML players discussed dropping from the league because we dont play together anymore cause point-blank the games just not as fun as it once was.

I remember a time back in the days on 1.3b and even into 1.4b that people would be itching to play a ballers game which is essentially a game of DB which has all clanners or good players and the teams are picked by the 2 keepers. These games would always be exciting, rarely any blowouts and a few spectacular games. So many people would want to play we actually had to turn away many. Now we find outselves scraping to find players that want to play. Most of the games dont have the original 4 "ballers" clans even involved and it gets worse and worse as the game progresses.

This arguement may be a lost cause in the fact that this specific factor of gameplay wont be fixed but i suggest you may want to take some advice from some of us across the water or we will all just stop playing one by one by one.

note: no ML is not dropping out of the league, but it was on the table last night.
FAT('.')BOY

Post by FAT('.')BOY »

I can't think of a single mod I've played where the early commers didn't say version x was better and we are all leaving. I dunno, I never played the early versions and you may be right. DB despite its flaws is still very good and luckily has a fairly receptive development team compared to some.

I dont know the figures but I reckon DBs fanbase will increase whatever you play or not. 150+ players at a time for a mod like this isn't too bad and it will probably continue to grow.

I have grown bored of mods I have played for a long time and like you I wish for those helcian days of earlier versions and I am grumpy about most of the new changes to those mods. I'm probably wrong though, the game has probably improved but the thrill of it has left me. Go play something else for a while then come back is one remedy. Not one that always works though.
Rampart

Post by Rampart »

Really, I would prefer shots going 5 meters per second faster in general (meaing current equation for determining speed from meter + 5) Just because it would do a lot of things.

It would take out the cannon.
It would make quick shots more viable
It would make long shots (where you normally can get a full charge) more viable, making the edge of the Pbox less of "THE" place for the battle
And
It would speed up the game play some.
bURNINGrOID

Post by bURNINGrOID »

Scurge:

"Across the pond here in NA we like high scoring, fast paced games"

I like good games, be they fast paced high scoring affairs or grinding defensive fights (with 'pbox campers' or as I like to call them 'defenders') that end 1 - 2. Please don't make claims that you speak for an entire continent Surge, you'll make our reputation worse than it already is.