Random idears

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Messy

Random idears

Post by Messy »

To be short:

1) Random keeper spawning in first round (before any goal is scored)
2) Replay from attackers view

Why?

1) Random keeper spawning in first round (before any goal is scored)

There's always one goal lost in pub matches because nobody wants to keep spawning if they go in goal voluntarily.
Sad but true.

Wouldn't hurt to add this right? :(

Would fuck up pug/league/fw-matches just as little as it does when keepers spawn @ ballspawn.

2) Replay from attackers view

Would allow for an interesting, different view in replays than just the same sequence from the same angle :(
Have either both displayed after eachother, pick one at random, or allow players to switch (although the latter seems hard).

The beauty of a nice finish is usually not shown in a replay. It's one of deathball's strongest attractions to noobies (as much as I regret the effects of that) so use it to your advantage ;)

It might also draw people to shots \o/ Seeing an attacker doing a 360 and/or faking it, or even just aiming and charging properly will teach and impress people so much more imo.
A lot of people just don't know the importance of proper charge and placement, let alone faking the keeper etc.

As for the inevitable "We're busy with more important things now": I know :) but if you like it, do put it on the To Do list, as opposed to just putting it off because of that :D

I had more ideas when I was in a pub game 5 minutes ago :x but I forgot.
[size=0]Damn you ð-9-THC! :D[/size]
Last edited by Messy on 20-01-2005 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
fro

Post by fro »

i dont think that shot charging is replicated properly in the replays, well, at least i dont hear the charge of a shot during the replay phase. i like the idea of the angle tho :)
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

Messy ur so sexy
GoldenGun

Post by GoldenGun »

Messy was on weed again!

I also like the idea with the angle, but imo if there is spawn keep in a 3on3 pu game the guy who added K should start keeping :p
Morning*Star

Post by Morning*Star »

How about being able to save the end game replays? Dunno if it would be possible but it'd be pretty cool for the league.
Onge

Post by Onge »

For me the replays are still way too jerky - offline they look lovely, online ping ruins them. I can't watch the endgame replays (which are at normal speed) as it gives me a headache.

Actually all this boils down to my dislike of the spec cams which aren't smooth enough (and shouldn't track either - just pivot on the spot). But to see the replay from attacker's POV would be interesting...
Messy

Post by Messy »

Morning*Star wrote: How about being able to save the end game replays? Dunno if it would be possible but it'd be pretty cool for the league.

You can demorec them right? :o
Onge

Post by Onge »

Let's try it... :p
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

1. is a long known problem, but....somehow we always have better stuff to do

2. sounds like a good idea
i was thinking about a assist cam, but that wouldnt necessarily be good, only the attacker view always makes sense...except its an owngoal, but then it would be the scorer
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

ball-cam might be fun :D
:-)

Post by :-) »

Ball cam would be pretty pwn. That way we can all see from up close the ball going through the keeper.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

rofl

needs bigger keeper radius, i tell ya \o/
EsorcismoNJD

Post by EsorcismoNJD »

You also have the inside the goal cam that would be kinda cool like they do in soccer a lot and in hockey during the ABC/ESPN network shown games