Invisible Players

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

FAT('.')BOY

Invisible Players

Post by FAT('.')BOY »

Not sure if its been mentioned before, feel free to deride if that is so.

Anyway, today I been getting invisible players, they show up on radar and passing circle but thats all. Any ideas? Not everybody, just one player, and it happened once on my team once on the other and on different servers i think.

Does make the game a bit tougher =/

edit - they were not invis for the whole game just some of it.
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

I blame lag when it happens to me.. (their lag too)

I only ever get it wen im killed in a spike (ping spike) and then my yellow/blue/Red dot is up the other side of the pitch and im not on radar

the player isnt invisable (not by me anyway) just their presence on radar is faked/broke..

thats what i think anyway
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

when that happens the player is still visible to me
only his beacon is gone, and he's lagging on the radar
FAT('.')BOY

Post by FAT('.')BOY »

nah this wasnt a radar thing, both radars seemed to report the player in the correct place.

The player was just not visible, as normal or as ball carrier. you could see the effects of the players like when he passed or boosted but that was it.

Ill try and take a screeny next time

I had to switch back to my GF2 so i stuck everything on minimum quality, but you'd expect that to effect everyone =S
Goffus

Post by Goffus »

Urbankilla a friend of mine got the same problem once, he could see the player on the radar but not on the field.

Otherwise i saw once one shrinked player, and he was lagging on the radar as well.
fro

Post by fro »

i think the shrinked player has something to do with the lack of beacon/bubble... thats when i think i see smaller players
Scotteh

Post by Scotteh »

I had this last night in a volley only game on smallcube. The whole game our keeper was invisible, yet you could still see him on the beacon. He wasn't lagging either because he was stopping every shot. I've got a few screenshots of it but I'm not sure how to post them on the forums since I'm new to this right now.