I've got a few questions about the final version of DB. (If

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Da Spadger

I've got a few questions about the final version of DB. (If

Post by Da Spadger »

Sorry if these questions has been answered before but, will you be able to play as the stock UT2004 models in next/ the final version of Deathball? Also, will you include music into the levels? It's getting kinda... weird without some music in the background.

And now to the small question ^^: Why did you replace the green color on the ball with yellow? Just wondering as i liked the green ball better.

EDIT: I've been browsing this forum and seen that i'm not the only one that wants stock skins back in DB.

So... ::Pfffff::

Pwetty please?
Last edited by Da Spadger on 08-01-2005 07:35, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

can't resist to these eyes

I don't see UT2004 models coming back into our game, we do our own thing.
No Music in Deathball maps, it ruins the sports atmosphere.
Green looks crap with the new ball. So the orange/gold is better there.
Da Spadger

Post by Da Spadger »

DavidM wrote:

Not even by some mutator or something?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

We use our small forces on stuff that matters now.
Da Spadger

Post by Da Spadger »

DavidM wrote: We use our small forces on stuff that matters now.

Thats ok, i understand. :)
Messy

Re: I've got a few questions about the final version of DB.

Post by Messy »

Aww :D neko wa kawaii desu, ne? :o

That's from Shrek 2 ^_^
*cough*anyway..
Da Spadger wrote: - will you be able to play as the stock UT2004 models in next/ the final version of Deathball?

Why would you want this? :( it makes me sad to see people want those back, when it's obviously way better to be as original and seperate from UT2004 as possible, besides..the models look pretty cool imo
Da Spadger wrote: - Also, will you include music into the levels? It's getting kinda... weird without some music in the background.

Isn't there already music in most maps? :o I turn it off though :) so I can actually hear the sounds and play properly ;) I think most people do.. (do they? I can imagine so)
Da Spadger wrote: - Why did you replace the green color on the ball with yellow? Just wondering as i liked the green ball better.

It's gold \o/ and I don't know why :) but meh..it looks cool, and it's still different from that of Bombing Run ;)
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

DavidM wrote: can't resist to these eyes

No Music in Deathball maps, it ruins the sports atmosphere.
Green looks crap with the new ball. So the orange/gold is better there.

I open up the music player and play some calmer ut2004 music every pickup, I find it helps.... not sure what it helps me with, but it helps :p

-edit- but gg i no longer have it after reformat, so I cant name it
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

new models are ok, but badly need some variation.

In the good ol days i could recognise my teammates by the way they looked , never needed to look at shortnames.

Also insti always looked harder to score against when he was a fat bitch.

also you cant get enough of

MRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR CROWWWWWWWWWW
Da Spadger

Re: Re: I've got a few questions about the final version of

Post by Da Spadger »

Messy wrote:

Why would you want this? :( it makes me sad to see people want those back, when it's obviously way better to be as original and seperate from UT2004 as possible, besides..the models look pretty cool imo
But i want to play as Mister crow.
Messy wrote:
Isn't there already music in most maps? :o I turn it off though :) so I can actually hear the sounds and play properly ;) I think most people do.. (do they? I can imagine so)
I havent found any music in any of the levels. :/
Messy wrote:
It's gold \o/ and I don't know why :) but meh..it looks cool, and it's still different from that of Bombing Run ;)

yeah, i guess that's true.
Last edited by Da Spadger on 08-01-2005 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

Press F11 in-game, that should show the default music (.ogg) in the game afaik
speedy

Post by speedy »

[1234]Jr wrote: Press F11 in-game, that should show the default music (.ogg) in the game afaik
but it supports mp3 too :p
InSaNe`

Post by InSaNe` »

I agree with him about the models. many people do :/

The current models are just plain boring. The ut2k4 models are so nice and they make the overall game look better. If DavidM still refuses, then maybe someone can make it a mutator?

All I know is, I'm tired of seeing the same crap model everyday I play DB, it's starting to get real boring.

/rant
xiller8r

Post by xiller8r »

tis true.
Da Spadger

Post by Da Spadger »

InSaNe` wrote: I agree with him about the models. many people do :/

The current models are just plain boring. The ut2k4 models are so nice and they make the overall game look better. If DavidM still refuses, then maybe someone can make it a mutator?

All I know is, I'm tired of seeing the same crap model everyday I play DB, it's starting to get real boring.

/rant

True true and true.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

The new models are good, I love em, but without addons or anything its really taking a sence of variety outa the game, I mean i used to love seeing the big lizard guy and think 'oh there's patch!' or whatever based on just a quick glance when your in close range or whatever. sure u can use the names ;/ but bah.

I don't see any benifit deathball gets outa trying to separate itself from unreal - in the contest, sure the idea of winning somthing is great. but from a gamers point of view. its just adding file size to the overall installation /w all the custom stuff

either way.. whatever i love db ;P - i'd love to see a mutator tho, i bet you bud server would run it \o/