2.4 plan

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

EsorcismoNJD

Post by EsorcismoNJD »

I'm more interested in the implementation of this noob cannon fix, whether it will break any of the other useful functions we occasionally do.

It'd be great though if we could have like the whole wrist-shot slap-shot thing like they do in hockey. The illusive yet slower wrist-shot or the straight but fast slap-shot. Something like that maybe, noob-cannon right now kinda represents that slap-shot, although with the self-volley nerfing I don't see that as a problem since noob cannon is so simple to stop.

I would just say leave it alone in the mean time OR disallow noob-cannon but reverse the self-volley speed change for situations other than noob cannon.
Messy

Post by Messy »

Err..we haven't had noobshot in some months :\ What are you talking about? o_O
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

that's a good indicator of how few exorcismo knows... a reason why I stopped listening to him ;)

Like when I told him about something that doesn't even exist, and he freaks out, just to be annoying, too funny for me :)
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

I would just say leave it alone in the mean time OR disallow noob-cannon but reverse the self-volley speed change for situations other than noob cannon.

reminds me of humpty dumpty
EsorcismoNJD

Post by EsorcismoNJD »

That's a bunch of crap, I did a noob shot in a server no more than 7 hours ago!

Or maybe correct me if I'm wrong, is a noob shot the action of shooting a ball against the ground very lightly so it's right in front of you and then firing after the self-volley delay is over? If that's how you do it, then I did one of those 7 hours ago...

And how much I know DavidM? You can't even spell my name right when it's on your screen gg you.
-plær-

Post by -plær- »

no, the noobcannon was only possible when the self-volley delay was much, much lower. same action as you are describing eso, but with no delay, so essentially an instant-full-power shot. afaik, this was taken out at around 1.7?
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

only way is shooting it down at an angle and jumping 3/4 times with the height of the ball, or u will just get the "unavailable to volley" sound
EsorcismoNJD

Post by EsorcismoNJD »

Ahhh ok, same principles just different method of doing it. It's still possible, just not quite as easy. That's why I thought it was still in cause I'd do that shit in the servers and all of a sudden it's "gg noobcannon".

BTW Shev, the way I do it I don't jump at all, or at least I don't have to.

I accept your apology DavidM =D
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

ive seen it done, but its not something u see in day2day pickups/pugs/w-e
nameless

Post by nameless »

well, earlier they used dropshot + volley, now they use block + volley. All in all pretty much the same.
Afflictor

Post by Afflictor »

as for you run out of ideas: with banana volleys you can finaly make "picking up the ball" a keeper only thing just like in football. of course it would result in less "brutality" within the game because you cant kill ballcarriers anymore.

maybe david does remember shurikens pro deathball mod where you could not pickup the ball but volley it forward and backwards *hint*

70% volley goals: blame your defensive players. you hardly can score by shooting with a defender gun-pushing you the whole time.

[i'll continue this post when i'm at home ... :o]
mpratt

Post by mpratt »

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused: :confused:
make "picking up the ball" a keeper only thing
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

Huh????
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

oh yeah, let the out-field players just dribble.... what if it the ball is shot AT you? O_o thats a stupid idea
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

...no...

again, there is no dribbling, there is just a pushing mode.
and dribbling is what i didn't want to have in. thats why i didnt try to make a football game....but deathball, something thats just a little similar, but stuff like dribbling as in football is just impossible to do control wise in a first person thing...
nameless

Post by nameless »

70% volley goals: blame your defensive players. you hardly can score by shooting with a defender gun-pushing you the whole time.
Ah you agree with me. Solid defense is fine vs shooting, so teams just use volley spam. So i blame my def, they should not defend? great idea ... but if there s a 2onkeep, ppl still use volley, so your idea might not be THAT good ...