National English Coach/Team

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

It was NaBs *or sum1s* idea.. Everyone apparently agreed so we voted.. i, being the sensible one :p voted Rage ;)

Not to say Cata's not a sensible vote, but i went by what hes done :)
ThaGiMiC

Post by ThaGiMiC »

LOL, its taken so long for us to get this far, ive lost interest =(

Go Eng team \o/
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

i vote for Jr to be our coach because i think he would be a strong one :D :P :spammer:
NaB

Post by NaB »

NaB wrote: ok.

It was proposed that all the nominees have a small vote to decide who should be captain and that if there was a clear cut favourite then that’s who we'd go with. Everyone agreed so we went ahead.

Robotojon was asked to collect the votes as an impartial party and he kindly agreed, cheers m8 :)

As it turns out, 6 of the 8 votes were for the same guy and that guy is.....

*Drum roll*

*opens envelope*

Cata :D:D:D \o/

congrats compadre.

edit- for interest only. Joint second with a single vote each was Rage and NaB.

Like i said there, we had a list of ppl nominated by the public. I suggested we have a secret ballot amongst those 8 ppl to see if there was a *clear cut* favourite for the job instead of having the public popularity contest the Germans are having right now.

All 8 *agreed* it was a better idea.

As it turns out only 1 person didnt vote for cata so that seems pretty clear-cut to me.

the england coach is therefore already decided. it is Catalyst88
Last edited by NaB on 26-03-2003 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
Axl

Post by Axl »

I thought DavidM was gunna be doing votes on here.. Seems more fair..
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

Catalyst88 wrote: Might watch a few DBL/CB games if guys'll let me to see how people play with their own clan too. Nothing's set in stone yet (and no, I'm not just gonna pick TEZC people :rolleyes: ).

fair point, but imho , if it turns out all the best players did come from 1 clan, or a mix of say 2 clans tops (not saying they are), i feel you should pick em for the team, dont worry bout wat ppl think, just pick the best team you can ! :)
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

Yeah but I want to see who I've got to pick from :). I know most of the top players but that doesn't mean there aren't others who're good who I haven't seen yet :).
ThaGiMiC

Post by ThaGiMiC »

GazMaN wrote: fair point, but imho , if it turns out all the best players did come from 1 clan, or a mix of say 2 clans tops (not saying they are), i feel you should pick em for the team, dont worry bout wat ppl think, just pick the best team you can ! :)

Well said Gaz, I wouldnt want to think that someone, wasnt picked just because a few members of their clan were already in team.
Tbh judging by the way this thread is going, I can see this quite easily happening.

ppl keep trying to point out that I I'm trying to influence Cat into turning the Eng team into TEZC (Cat will choose who he/she feels is right!!!).
This is not true, but since I know the TEZC guys so well I know that they could get the job done.
(There is a reason, why TEZC won all there divisions in DBL, and have been at the top of CB longer than anyone else.)

And to all those ppl out there who do not agree with other ppls suggestions rather, than just saying that 'it isnt a good idea'. Please say why, and how u think it would be better, otherwise u look like a complete dick imo. <- this is only aimed at few ppl.
TEZC_Robban

Post by TEZC_Robban »

:devil:
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

Is it aimed at me gim? :p

EDIT: Bog off Robban, ur SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDISH! JA! (or are u oO Robban, if that IS your real name):rolleyes:
FireCell

Post by FireCell »

Ok so its a fact that TEZC play very well together, but does that mean that they are the only combination of all the ENG ppl that could play well together. A combination of people may be able to produce far better results. Basically the people that are well known and spend time playing pickups and posting here are gonna get picked. That does not mean they are the best. If the captain looks around for players and his results show that mainly TEZC players or what ever clan will be best then fair enough i can agree with that. But they should at least look around.
fro

Post by fro »

Ok so its a fact that TEZC play very well together, but does that mean that they are the only combination of all the ENG ppl that could play well together. A combination of people may be able to produce far better results. Basically the people that are well known and spend time playing pickups and posting here are gonna get picked. That does not mean they are the best. If the captain looks around for players and his results show that mainly TEZC players or what ever clan will be best then fair enough i can agree with that. But they should at least look around.
Sir Catalyst88 wrote: I know most of the top players but that doesn't mean there aren't others who're good who I haven't seen yet :).

:)
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

I know.....personally i know that Bedlam is better than any keeper TEZC have (sorry ;)) .. NaB is a pretty good def.. Cata .. ye .. cata :| Rage is decent, so are the rest of them....... but i doubt Cata's gunna say

"heres the team:

Gimic
NaB
Rage
Cata
**insert another TEZC'er :p**"

.. is he? :s
NaB

Post by NaB »

no he's not Jr.
ThaGiMiC

Post by ThaGiMiC »

LOL looks like I cause problems everytime I post something =). I hope the England team is made up of the best players we have, since Eng will have a better chance this way.

Just so ppl dont get the wrong idea, about my suggestions/comments. I wont be playing in the Eng squad, hopefully this will put u all are ease =) ppl should learn not to be so quick to flame in future.