My Thoughts About Deathball and Players

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

[WKD]_Thex

My Thoughts About Deathball and Players

Post by [WKD]_Thex »

About Deathball, WKD Clan and the players according to [WKD]_Thex

It's a fun game for the young and the old (Me) alike. Ok bare with me on this for it is hard for me to put feelings down in words.
Here is a little background if you want it or not. I have been playing first person shooters for awhile now in which I am not that good at but like to play. My son, 4Ever and Mojo went by names with Wicked in them and over time it all came together and clan WKD was formed. They talked me into playing Deathball and I got hooked on the game. They pulled in another friend (Freak) to play us and the WKD Deathball clan was formed. We just wanted to play as a team and have some fun. And we have done just that, have fun. The clan grew and did well, for awhile, but the idea of having fun fell to the wayside and winning took over. As most know the clan came apart and went separate ways. Well there were the four of us again (4Ever,Mojo, Freak and me) just thinking about what had happened to our clan.

The ordeal had just bummed us out. We played some but not as much and the guys went on to other games. Not me, I just stayed and played and played. The guys came back and we thought what the heck lets do it again. Here is the exception this time as a Deathball clan, we will stay focused on our Idea of playing for fun and not in winning being our goal. But don't get me wrong everyone likes to win. As you have heard time and time again "It is just a game." It is just that a game so it will not save the world nor will it make us better people or could it. People getting together from all over the world and maybe getting along….hmmmm.
We are all a lot alike in more ways than we would like to think. The hate for someone just because they come from a certain place, their looks, size, sex, or the color of their skin is sad. Here in the cyber world we are all alike (faceless) except for our attitudes, about life, one another, or even ourselves. You may think I am a little off my nut but think about it. You can't see anyone so you don't know their age, skin color, or where they are from but you can see their attitude. I have met a lot of great attitudes and some sorry ones. I try to be nice to everyone because that is the way I like to be treated. I get defensive when someone is picked on for being new to the game or not playing as well as others. And those who think they are better than others, don't get me wrong a person should think well of themselves but not so little of others.
Here is an example: "Inphidel" before I ever saw him (website: Scarebears.com) I liked him because of his attitude. He is nice guy, smart, and helpful to other players and he was even was nice to me when others gave me a hard time for the way I played defense. My point is that we are from different worlds and times but we are friends because of our attitudes. Inphidel I hope you don't mind me using you as an example. (By the way I like the band but don't tell my wife she would commit me…LOL).
There are a lot of nice and helpful players and clans out there. I don't have the room to mention all the great guys and gals (I don't know if any girls play DB) that I have meet playing but you all know who you are. Don't be turned off by the few that would put you down. Join a clan and don't think about being the star of the team but let the team be the star. Really the best thing of all is getting to play with some of the best people and players out there in the Cyber World. The real world may not become a better place because of Deathball or the clans but just maybe it might!
Well as many already know that we have lost some of our players and they have started a new clan. Well for one I hope they do well and find what they are looking for in a clan. We will still keep playing as a clan and there are still several of us in WKD but getting everyone together at one time is hard because of the real world stuff, you know family and loved ones. Which should come first in our lives anyway. But stay tuned to "As The Cyber World Turns" ….lol..
I am happy to say we have some great guys in WKD a.k.a. Clan Wicked. You know I don't know all them personally, maybe some day I will get to meet them even my friend from way down south and I like what I see. ……. :-} And I see a great attitude! Oh One more thing I would like to start a scrapbook of all the players that I have played with and against. So if you would please send me a picture and of course your player name and if you want your real name but only if you want. Anything else you would not mind me knowing about you. It would be nice to see those faces that go with the attitudes …..LOL. It would be something fun to show to my great grand children. I could tell them that Papaw was young, Twice ….LOL Hey why not make a little pot bellied old man happy and send the pictures.

Send to : Thex@adelphia.net

Take care all and hope I have not bored you with the ramblings of an Old Man. Merry, Merry Christmas and a Happy Deathball to All
Last edited by [WKD]_Thex on 01-01-2005 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

Thex > *

I shall send you an email soon. \o/
Lougie

Post by Lougie »

I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony.....
<3 Thex...
we've had some good db and dbw games...you're cool
and a good friend

need to work on that defense though!!! :lol:

from one old fart to an even older fart!!!

everyone needs a can of Thex repellant!!!
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

sorry can u paragraph that... i was reading it and then it made no sense.
Maelstrom``

Post by Maelstrom`` »

You own, man.

'Nuff said.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

It's because you are a euro and that pretty much explains why.
ruumis

Post by ruumis »

Thex, I'll do you one better, in case you haven't seen it yet... here's my TV sportscast from earlier this year.

Now you can say you saw ruumis on TV :D
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

<3 thex :)
SBS|DarkReaper

Post by SBS|DarkReaper »

how much could i pay you if you do my 14pages research? :rolleyes:

thex is the man :p
Sixty

Post by Sixty »

Well I don't really know what you're trying to say, or who you are, but i love you for the fact that you took the effort of posting this. :)
SBS|DarkReaper

Post by SBS|DarkReaper »

Hes one of those who really care about having fun playing deathball
[WKD]_Thex

Short Version

Post by [WKD]_Thex »

I said I wasn't good at this, Putting my feeling into words. Sry some of you didn't get it. Simply put I like the game and the players. And don't like the crap that is put on some players for not being as good a player as others. By the way who in the world thinks I am euro, they speak better english than I do. I am from Tennessee, way back in them ther' hills. Thanks for taking time to read my post guys. Take care and cya

P.S. I was serious about the scrapbook so send Pictures names and what ever.
Last edited by [WKD]_Thex on 10-12-2004 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

i thank u for the short version
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

Achilles wrote: i thank u for the short version
XiD

Post by XiD »

<3 thex

OH DANG HECK ON FIRE! :D