Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

yehaw, multiball!
Rino

Post by Rino »

OMG what a good news.
If really Briley is out and if TV is not allowed to use his models anymore, the best way is the DEF UT2k4 skins as long as u can't get a modeler who can make a better job then Briley and bring it to the end (customization and female model at least).

GO for 2k4 default skins in the while i'm sure ppl will love the possibility to chose between more than 30 models \skins
Koning_Floris

Post by Koning_Floris »

Haha, that multiball looks like ultimate chaos.
<insert random thought>
You could even add a 2 ball game where each team gets his own special ball, and can only score a goal with there own ball.

Also, I don't know if anyone else dislikes it, and its kinda minor. But I dislike the fact that a goal message sometimes takes up more then 1 line. And that at 1280*1024. I, being the stats whore I am, always look for the ball speed and get desorientated if its suddenly on the next lline. Yup, its really a minor thing. ;)
Last edited by Koning_Floris on 07-12-2004 09:53, edited 1 time in total.
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

i agree with Fragger :) (and) the keep catch radius is a tad too small, so who ever mentioned 'magnet' :blabla:
please die

as for the multi balls, \o/ and default skins would work until a new designer comes along i suppose :p
Last edited by `Ghost` on 07-12-2004 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

DavidM wrote: yehaw, multiball!

make screenshot with 1000 balls kthx
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

Also :eek: is the ball pickup bug going to be fixed? (That is, if it is a bug)

For example: I dodge out and kill an attacker, he drops the ball. I cannot pick the ball up unless I exit the pickup radius and re-enter it. Same all over the field with every one. I notice it most when im keeping and the sweepers kill a player and cannot pick the ball up so the next attacker gets a volley in
:lol:

Maybe its because when the ball drops the ball thinks its being held as there is someone already in its pickup radius?
f1end

Post by f1end »

relik, I believe the variable-curve never made out ouy of the 1.5 beta.
Onge

Post by Onge »

Koning_Floris wrote: You could even add a 2 ball game where each team gets his own special ball, and can only score a goal with there own ball.

I agree. :p
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Magnet is awful right now. The whole pickup procedure needs to get fixed up. So we spend some time with that anyway.

Pickup problem will be fixed...in a way that you can sorta dribble.
Imagine you hold altfire and you keep pushing the ball in ahead of you when you walk against it. So no more walking through the ball. This is also because of multiball. Because when you have 1 ball and you run to another ball (thats lying still) you run through it atm. You will be able to dribble the other one. Some freaks might be able to do some cool things with that ;)
Normally balls that come flying at you (and you already have one) will deflect (not bounce).
I agree to disagree with the 2 different ball game. Sounds like a crap idea. Having a useless ball sounds bad. When you get it, you just try to hog it.....I see an awful gameplay coming there. nono...
mpratt

Post by mpratt »

Regarding Bretts models, I am not going to spend the time removing his models from Deathball. Once a mod member contributes his stuff to the mod it becomes part of the mod and thus Team Vortex property. There is no way we are going to remove anyones stuff from the mod just becuase later on he falls out with the mod.

We have considerable code in the mod regarding that model and I am not going to spend hard work screwing up the code to go backwards.
Last edited by mpratt on 07-12-2004 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

We aren't cheating on him anyway (and I never did), he gets all money that's due.
f1end

Post by f1end »

DavidM wrote: Pickup problem will be fixed...in a way that you can sorta dribble.
Imagine you hold altfire and you keep pushing the ball in ahead of you when you walk against it. So no more walking through the ball. This is also because of multiball. Because when you have 1 ball and you run to another ball (thats lying still) you run through it atm. You will be able to dribble the other one. Some freaks might be able to do some cool things with that ;)

omfg ggdavidm, don't suppose you remember me suggesting that at about 1.9 ish do you... :p

great idea :D

<3 alt-fire
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

I know, all been there for years, just never had time to do it. And now we are forced to do it.
Rino

Post by Rino »

mpratt wrote: Regarding Bretts models, I am not going to spend the time removing his models from Deathball. Once a mod member contributes his stuff to the mod it becomes part of the mod and thus Team Vortex property. There is no way we are going to remove anyones stuff from the mod just becuase later on he falls out with the mod.

We have considerable code in the mod regarding that model and I am not going to spend hard work screwing up the code to go backwards.

Well in this case, i hope someone is also working to make them Customizable, becouse it's so boring we have all to play with the same model\skin. Monotonus :)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

bug Robert, he keeps saying for weeks that it's almost done :)