I am Confused.

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

toostoned

I am Confused.

Post by toostoned »

I am very perplexed right now with the current status of DB. I have played since the release on Ut2k3, and loved the game. It has style; it’s sleek, simple, and highly entertaining. I have a very short attention span for gaming, I am an avid cs’er, and therefore playing a game and seeing no action in approximately 5 seconds will bore me until all ends. I love the community and the eagerness to play competitively in leagues, I’m all for that. I think people should realize that DavidM is probably one of the most dedicated mod developers around. This game has passion behind it, which is why the decline in servers has prompted me to write right now.

I used to see a few servers to play in back in the day, maybe 15 or so. However lately I feel as though I’m running the wrong version of DB because I only see one or two good servers to join which have people playing in it. Which has in turn lead me to believe a few things. For one, there has sprung up a somewhat elitist group of DB players who play in the leagues and tend to the forums frequently. This is great because it shows the dedication for the mod, however it has also helped to split a somewhat maximizing window. A successful game is like a virus that multiplies to where it’s attached. Word of mouth has let some mods sky rocket to popularity, and I don’t think DB has been given the opportunity lately to advertise itself. This might be the lack of the patches or time investments. Regardless, this game needs to bring new people in, and fast. Why fast? Simply because I for one believe that it’s a great game that many people could enjoy and has potential to be even better with its vast customizable opportunities. This is what’s on my mind, I hope I didn’t bore to many people ;p
speedy

Post by speedy »

ok
f1end

Post by f1end »

I agree, but how?
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

It isn't easy to find people.

Mod Leader: "Hey come work on my mod, please?"

Coder: "Why?"

Mod Leader: "Umm please?"
toostoned

Post by toostoned »

It was a pretty nuetral thread yet. but i dunno felt like typing it.
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

Fooman wrote: It isn't easy to find people.

Mod Leader: "Hey come work on my mod, please?"

Coder: "Why?"

Mod Leader: "Umm please?"

It goes more like...

DavidM: Hey, coder, join my mod?

Coder: What?

DavidM: Do it.

Coder: Who? What?

DavidM: Your lack of faith disturbs me...! *DARK FORCE POWER!*

DavidM: Hey you, coder2, work on my mod!

Coder2: Wh-- *choke*

DavidM: Coder3...

:blabla: :ban:
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

maybe he was just "toostoned"?
well anyway, what do you wanted to say/know/hear? :)

ps: i never asked anyone to join us (except in the very start where db only existed on paper)
priior

Post by priior »

LOL jr

funniest thing ive read ina while :)
Bounty

Post by Bounty »

If/When Deathball goes Stand-alone, which would be great, the mod will skyrocket. I guess I understand why it's not possible, obviously because it's using the Unreal engine...but...idk...just rambling.
CorDawg-

Post by CorDawg- »

Bounty wrote: If/When Deathball goes Stand-alone, which would be great, the mod will skyrocket. I guess I understand why it's not possible, obviously because it's using the Unreal engine...but...idk...just rambling.

big problem is that most maps use textures/statics and shit from stock ut2004 files, so thats why you have to keep so many files just to play deathball
:-)

Post by :-) »

FYI, Davey does have a habit of turning down leet coders who pwn leetl - or he's racist against emoticons.
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

an emoticist?

:x
Messy

Post by Messy »

leet coders who pwn leet?

They > theirselves? o_O

Anyway, did you mean yourself :-)?