EURODBL thread.

All about Death Ball Leagues and Tournaments

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Inphidel

EURODBL thread.

Post by Inphidel »

Ok. Here is the deal -

The system is almost ready to roll. as far as we know, from using it for the NA league its possible to run atleast 1 season at a time, you can have multiple divisions if you want. but i'd suggest just going with one.

as far as scheduleing games, i use a different program to determine that. http://splendidcity.net/ the free/trial version atleast allows you to make a schedule.

--

i got no problem setting up the majority of all of this, here is how most of it works.

team captains are expected to adhear to the schedule as best they can. submitting stats all you need to do is upload the screen capture of the final stats. and submit the ut2004/userlog of that game which contains all the the player statistics.. this is what the league admin will use to adjust the league stats and standings.

there are a few things you need to know however. deathball is not without its bugs :) - the user log doenst log overtime, it appears it stops at 0 on the clock. if the server crashes it doenst save the log. so its important that you always take a screen shot of the stats durrig a crash or whatnot to make it easier on the admin.

and i'd suggest no overtime to make it simple for the admin, but thats up to you guys of course :) atleast till that bug gets fixed.

umm ask any question your curious bout o/
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

Free agent list / Recruiting players etc.

ok. there have been a few questions from captains about recruiting, they'll add someone to their team and they're still on the free agent list.

this is how it works.

anythign a captain does short of post an announcment and remove a palyer from their roster. must be validated by the admin. so just because you request a player, he doenst automaticly get put ont he team till the admin registers the action.

its a pain sorry, but its to ensure things don't go crazy mid season :)
Rino

Post by Rino »

YEs Well, seeing that there will be a special Player RANKING STATS, it's important that every player who is going to play for a TEAM, has signed in as Player in the site.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

Yes, if your going to play, you must signup as a player also. captains are the only ppl who will ever need to login, and thats just to manage your game scores, submit stat logs, and demos.
Rino

Post by Rino »

Indeed, i added players to eV teams by myself, so just captains can do it :) PLS DO
Holy_Surfing

Post by Holy_Surfing »

Done. Let's get the game started people :>
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

Inphidel can be my new god <3
InSaNe`

Post by InSaNe` »

\o/

The NA DBL is so far a success, I hope the Euro DBL is too :)
Rino

Post by Rino »

Tomorrow Schedules will be published on the site :D
speedy

Post by speedy »

nice
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

hmm, can someone link it plz?

i cant find it
`Ghost`