New models are good, but...

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Armagon

New models are good, but...

Post by Armagon »

Maybe I'm the only one who noticed this, but the feet/legs seem uncannily small to me. Perhaps this is because I'm used to seeing the unproportional scaling in UT2004, or maybe it is because of the animations? I was wondering if Team Vortex are planning on adding footwear to the customization system? Stuff like big, high tech boots and such would be cool. :)

P.S. Keep up the top work Brett! \o/
Last edited by Armagon on 19-11-2004 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

The first time I saw them ingame I noticed that the legs are damn thin, but it never really bugged me, because the guy ain't looking wrong or something. He's generally just taller than the old one (same size tho) :P
gah hard to explain what i mean
Rino

Post by Rino »

Well , models have potential but leg animation and even size, still need a little work to look more realistic.
Quantum

Post by Quantum »

sexy pants o/
IchbinderPeter

Post by IchbinderPeter »

uhm... just installed 2.3 and noticed that something is wrong with the models. it seems they have the wrong texture, they have a big eye on their chest, always starring at me. any ideas whats wrong?
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

yes, u have schizophrenia, always thinking somebody is watching you :)

j/k
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

So will there be customizable footwear at some point?
I think the more expansive the customization system is, the better.
Last edited by Armagon on 19-11-2004 07:21, edited 1 time in total.
StRaFe

Post by StRaFe »

Yes they do seem small.gg no muscle the lanky fucks. Another query, gg models all the same height. 10 men and all the same height, heh wtg.
BrileyPS
Banned

Post by BrileyPS »

The reason that the models are all the same hieght...is that its the same model:) It's amazing how people can sometimes say one thing, that makes you fear the future for society.
Also, as for the smaller feet and such...I checked my model again, and the proportions are fine. It could be something with the view that UT sets up, sometimes engines change the field of view..so things can look odd. I will at some point change some things on the model, so i will boost up the feet to help combat the problem.
As for the animations, there is nothing we can do to those, unless we get a animator onto the team. All animations are those from UT, so if they look funky..then the complaints are to the wrong people:)

BrileyDB
Art

P.S: I also looked over the UT models, and yeah Armagon..you might be used to there unproportional scaling, as the models are way off from normal proportions..there cool..just not realistic.
Esorcismo
Banned

Post by Esorcismo »

Well this game ain't realistic, why should the models be? They should be kinda futuristic. Pretty good Briley.
Wibble

Post by Wibble »

I guess it depends on what they are aiming for in their look and feel of the game. I like the models, in fact I like the models a lot. What I don't think is helping is that they somehow don't fit with the look of some of the maps
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

needs more technical futuristic looking maps /w neon lights and stuff ;)
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

agreed.

but does davidm think so?
Wibble

Post by Wibble »

Messy

Post by Messy »

Cenotaph wrote: yes, u have schizophrenia, always thinking somebody is watching you :)

j/k

It's called paranoia ;p

Schizophrenia is where people live in a state of psychosis and create fictional external entities.

It's often confused with multiple personality syndrome, but hardly ever with paranoia ;p

..tsk, tsk.