2.2b Bugs/Suggestions

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Messy

2.2b Bugs/Suggestions

Post by Messy »

- Intro doesn't work? o_O

- Space out attributes such as 'PrefersSolo' etc.

- Display all the proper attributes in tasks before a game in Singleplayer and remove 'No Weapon Preference' <-- duh.

- Add 'Keeper' in tasks in Singleplayer.
Now you have to command one to keep in-game.

- Loads of empty spots in 'Bot Orders'
It goes like:

Code: Select all

Shoot
Pass to Target
All get open
Get open
Defend

Keep
Attack
Free role
Keeper get out
Mark Target
- All opponents but one were called Player :<

(It was vs Super_Dooper in League 1)

edit: I've just played 2 more games, and there's always a couple of empty 'Players' in the game :<

- I love the bots. They still take too long to boost though /o\
At first I thought it was because I was in League 3 or 2.
But in League 1 the bots still can't decide whether to boost eachother, and it also takes too long for them to recognize they can boost you sometimes.

- The keepers are also a bit slow, although it seems they progress greatly throughout the Leagues.

- I love the idea of a homemap, but could it be possible to change that?
For example, I love Bowl, but I also love November :)

It would be great if I could change them between leagues.

Maybe only a change of players during league switches? (and a choice of better bots as you progress? or would that not go with the RPG-thing :) I guess that would be better ^_^)

- Where are the bonus characters? /o\
What are they going to be?

edit2:

- If I can only chose free players, why can I choose Amy when he's playing for UFO? :<

- When I'm charging as replay begins, my charge will be frozen during celebration.
Ok after respawn though ;p guess it's nothing :)
ps: Why remove the bug command? ;p
<3
Last edited by Messy on 15-11-2004 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
Croaker

Post by Croaker »

- Some menu not well aligned (in 1280x1024)

- No keeper position (roam and support? it's not dm) << messy reported it

"gamesleft" on ranking team textbox?

- help menu should not have active text, since it does nothing

- Could not treat an injured player? even if enough money to treat him

- Not able to recruit someone even with 1 spot left?

-Autofill should be grayed out when roster is full

- in the ranking menus, it should not be the division shown in ranks, but instead the real rank (1,2,3,4,5...)

- In the ranking menu, we should not see ennemy team as header but instead something like "Division 3 ranking"

- In the ranking menu, where the primary roster of the leading team is described, we should see a space between "Teams member of" <<<insert space>>> "gayvidM"

- Also add a space for "there are 5"<<<insert space>>> "games left"

- In the player stat, i have a player in my team that does not have a team assigned (larry turd)

- Also in player stats, we only see the players that have played match with us (we should see all league players)

- Also in player stats, you should cast the number to int since double for goal numbers and death toll is useless...

I hope you can fix most of these bugs for tonight (but dont break anything plz)
Messy

Post by Messy »

Croaker: the x amount of games bug where it started with '3 to go' and then went on to '-so much to go' is fixed, if you mean that.

Anyway, just a suggestion:

Maybe have an option to, besides or instead of pointing at people and commanding them, assign player-labels (like player1, player2 etc.) to each bot so you can bind them

For example if I wanted player1 on keep regardless of where I'm looking at, I could just bind it and press it.

Now I have problems attacking because I have to change people from defense to attack (because otherwise they hang extremely) etc.
Also at the start I have to give everyone positions as I don't trust the tasks at the start of a match ^^; (duh) and that takes me some time, often resulting in not getting the ball /o\

So I could bind key Z to
Player1 K | Player2 D | Player3 D | Player4 D
and key X to
Player1 K | Player2 D | Player3 A | Player4 A

So I can easily and dynamically switch them and go into offensive etc.

I realise there's not much time for this though before the competition, so it's not so urgent :)

- Also, what happens to injured players anyway?

ps: Here's an illustration of the Player problem.
Does anyone else have it?

I deleted my deathball.ini beforehand.
So it shouldn't just be me :)
Last edited by Messy on 15-11-2004 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
Esorcismo
Banned

Post by Esorcismo »

Could it be possible to just assign positions in the beginning and dynamically change strategies like in a hockey game... like pull the keeper for the extra attacker, throw all 4 guys on offense, play conservative... and then styles of offense too? Sounds a lot easier than talking to each bot individually.

V = THE FLYING "V"!
gg Devils pwnt Ducks in 2003
WE WIN!
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

-there is no new intro map, its just in the changes list, which i'll remove
-i fixed the empty space in the control binder
METAFrank

Post by METAFrank »

no bug, but i dont listen too the menu music since the after-goal-music is too annoying:rolleyes:
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

which are not related at all ?!
Messy

Post by Messy »

DavidM wrote: -there is no new intro map, its just in the changes list, which i'll remove
-i fixed the empty space in the control binder

K and Thanks (separated!) :)

Some other thing that bothers me:

Bots seem to prefer impeding boosts of the opposing team over boosting me even when I command them to ("Wankingstar boost me!")

It just happened and caused the ball to reset instead of me being boosted towards it and have it :< *sob*

Also, at the end of a match where the summary of league positions come:

The first team shud have the amount of goals scored, the rest should be goal differential.

Right now I have:

Team p00pi is leading the league with 8 wins, 0 ties, 0 losses, 14 goal differential and 24 points.

Team Loads_Of_Crap is in second with 5 wins, 0 ties, 3 losses, 0 goal differential and 15 points.

Team Super_Dooper is in third with 3 wins, 1 ties, 4 losses, -1 goal differential and 10 points.
It should be:

Team p00pi is leading the league with 8 wins, 0 ties, 0 losses, [b]14 goals[/b] and 24 points.

Team Loads_Of_Crap is in second with 5 wins, 0 ties, 3 losses, 0 goal differential and 15 points.

Team Super_Dooper is in third with 3 wins, 1 ties, 4 losses, -1 goal differential and 10 points.
ps: Metafrank: cha me too /o\ too bad.

I hate music while playing.
I want the soundfx only.

I wouldn't mind forced menu music :o
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

p00pi dont have something like 20:6 goals?
Messy

Post by Messy »

Oh :o that could be true.

Isn't goal differential supposed to be the amount of goals the 2nd and third teams are behind on the team that's in first?
sergeantduke

Post by sergeantduke »

Ok, so I was up 1-0 in Singleplayer, 30 seconds left. So I decide to pass the ball back and forth with my keeper, and he volleyed the ball into our goal. /o\ Also, the ball in the menu backgrounds is the old one. Is there a way to change the Singleplayer time limit? I was only getting 5 min. matches.
Esorcismo
Banned

Post by Esorcismo »

No...

Goal differential = Goals For - Goals Against

Or in other words, subtract the goals your team gave up from the goals your team scored.

Example:

Three games:
15-6 you win
10-7 you lose
11-10 you win

Goal differentials:
+9, -3, and +1 respectively for a total of +7

Your team would be 2-1-0 with 6 points in the standings and a total of 33 goals for and 26 goals against and a +7 goal differential.

Capisci?
Last edited by Esorcismo on 15-11-2004 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
teidon

Post by teidon »

I just played the first league (league 3) in SP with hard difficulty...

1. defaultlinux.ini is borked - it removes the Paths=../Maps/*.ut2 line from the generated deathball.ini. Without it UT2k4 can't find the NoIntro.ut2 file -> Deathball won't start.

2. DB-Hole (and DB-Chill if it isn't already) should be removed from SP because bots don't know how to play in them. In DB-Hole the bots just passes around or stands in their penalty zone without trying to attack. In DB-Chill they don't know how to go pass those blocks (or whatever). Consider also removing DB-Blocko because the bots won't know how to go pass the wall sometimes and they will sometimes try to pass through the wall.

3. Bots aims too high when they boost, imo.

4. Knowing that I'm not very good player, and that I managed to go through League 3 with hard difficulty and with first try (wins were even, but I won cause i had one tie)... Maybe the hard difficulty isn't hard enough...

5. Nit picking, but anyways... If you score and then go to the ball spawn, your teammates will die when the ball spawns (because they follow you (it's nice explosion of bodyparts, btw :D)), then when next round begins it takes second or two for some of your teammates to spawn (should happen immediatly).

6. One of my teammates were boosted over the glass somehow in DB-IceDemon and he were there till next goal were made (that was my opponent...) - maybe try to implement somekind of selfkill thingy for the bots in case they end up in similar places?
METAFrank

Post by METAFrank »

myself [/i][B]no bug, but i dont listen too the menu music since the after-goal-music is too annoying[/quote] [quote][i]Originally posted by DavidM wrote: which are not related at all ?!

is there an option to turn the in-game music of while the menu music stays on? cause normally i turn the music off by turning the volume down to 0. that also deactivates the menu music
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

settings/audio/menumusic