Post by theberkin8or »

RusH Blue it! <3 forever
Messy

Post by Messy »

Sitting on a lead is a valid tactic.

Pressure the other team tbh ¬_¬
{UFO}Viper

Post by {UFO}Viper »

Pressuring the pass is not really what Inph is getting at. He's saying if the other team has the ball and 3 players in your zone and the goalie and the defender in their own zone with the ball, you would have to have 3 guys covering their 3 attackers leaving only one guy to cover the defender and goalie, allowing them to just pass it back and forth. If you bring up someone to help out it creates a 3 on 2.

That being said it hasn't been an issue so far, it's just the fact that it could be done.
Quantum

Post by Quantum »

kill p-box-camping
people should lern how to defend instead staying in box and do nothing
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

priior wrote:

unfortunately.. most offense players think playing d is boosting back and sitting in pbox (at least a lot of the offense players in the clan im in think that way..)

quit your bitching :D
Esorcismo
Banned

Post by Esorcismo »

I agree with inph, but hard-coded rule implementation is what's a little hazy. When you ask for changes like this you have create some type of plan, i.e. what constitutes defensive zone ball hogging, what resets this time, how long should this time be, what exceptions (if any) are there to this rule?... etc etc

Good idea, but how exactly to implement it is something I'm not sure about.
Capital_G

Post by Capital_G »

Why do people insist on changing deathball? You all bitch about the changes in volley radius, or keeper magnet or whatever else, yet you want to add something like this?

In theory, it sounds nice, but, as has been proven many times, theory sucks.

This is the exact reason why I left JK2, (Jedi Knight), the game was very much fun, and I rocked at it. *cough*
And then they changed the lightsaber, so that it does less damage with a swing, but all the tricks (backstab, whatever) still had the same power....this all resulted in people laming tricks around your ears.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

the additional change i'm asking for doenst change the basics of the game. all it does is prevent the ability to lame the ball on defense

to implement it would be easy. we already have team volumes on maps. all we would need is a code attached to them

but as davidm said, its not a problem currently. so we'll hafta wait till a bunch of new players make a team and lame before trying to prevent it :)

kinda sounds like homeland security in america lol ;) j.k <3
Esorcismo
Banned

Post by Esorcismo »

Deathball changes fundamentals every version, might as well change something that could speed up the pace of the game.

As for a response to Inphidel's comment: Bazing
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

I'd love to see in the future

a multiplayer coop league mode :) where you can take you and some friends and play against the computers. (could help new teams out) and even have bots also if needed.