Deathball makes MSUC phase 4 finalists

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

BrileyPS
Banned

Post by BrileyPS »

Hey guys, of course you'll vote for Deathball over all else right:)
I am about half way done with the model texture wise, as I have spent some time on the uv's to make sure that it looks consistant and good:) I should be able to get it done soon, and Anthrax and I are going over the new menu looks..so things should start coming soon, as I want to see the new stuff in game.

BrileyDB
Art
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

I think they've been picking 'new' winners each phase. it seems like a good way to keep publicity. keep everyones interested by having more mods winning the rounds. thats what i think is going on anyway.
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

you mean the whole thing is just a ploy to keep people interested in ut2k4?

*feigns shock*
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

ON NOES! unexpected......
you mean Epic only does this to get MORE money? oh no!
priior

Post by priior »

im voting for unwheel!
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

who would vote for a racing game with basically NO physics and not a little bit of inspiration if there are good racing games out
Messy

Post by Messy »

We can vote? :o
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

no...
NightBoY

Post by NightBoY »

well, and who would vote for a mod, wich cant be newer anymore, just bug fixes etc (new banners on the wall on cube, yipeee). They need new ideas, db is old :)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

good that you didnt read a little bit...
Messy

Post by Messy »

Dude David! Don't be lame :|

He's just Hungarian :p
Alars

Post by Alars »

GO DB! I want DB to go commercial so i can own more noobs than ever before!
NightBoY

Post by NightBoY »

die dutch lol
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

Inphidel wrote: I think they've been picking 'new' winners each phase. it seems like a good way to keep publicity. keep everyones interested by having more mods winning the rounds. thats what i think is going on anyway.

That's not true, RO won both phase 2 and 3 and i really believe they will win again. Maybe ppl should consider that DB is not the best game in the world ever and that it needs lots of work. DB has changed very little in the last months, the game lacks inovation, removing Warfare and Tennis wasnt probably seen as a good thing by the judges. TV needs to work hard to get the money, moaning and complaing about how biased the judges are and how this contest is pointless won't get ya anywhere tbh.

EDIT: FEAR, ONE MORE TO 1000th post :D
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

ahh ok - I didn't know, don't follow the contest :) - But yeah I'll agree with ya there about db.. I myself am getting bored playing it, but theres nothing out there that interests me enough to play...

I wish Vortex would create Vortex Sports, which would include deathball, and other game modes, which would allow for a bigger community within the same mod. while it might be a little more work. it will allow more flexability within the community which might make it grow better.

Deathball
[As is now]

Volley Death Ball
[Volley Only Deathball using its own maps that work for it better, maybe different nets etc that make it more balanced.]

Slamball
[perhapse a vertion like deathball without keeper classes etc, make the ball heavier so you play more like basket ball]

Gibball and Dodgeball were both awesome mods that if had more support from db woulda grew more and the db community could have grown more...

Blood pit..

Action Ball
[corny name but you tell me. what if deathball had somewhat mid/smaller sized maps then reg. when a goal happened the ball would reset and add points to the team. but there is no stop in gameplay. the ball just resets like it was hit outa bounds. in a way it would play like a whole different game]

if all these types of games were thrown into one FPS Sports Mod. sure it might be a bigger download. but everyone has them already and the community can all grow off eachother... its alot more vercitle and alot more attractive...

Like CS would have been less fun if it had only one type of play... and you needed a whole different mod to play hostage rescue.. or another one for deactivating the bomb etc... ::shurgs::