New pics of the model!

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

canash

Post by canash »

I think this is too hard to make, but what about making an animation, where you see the deathnall player putting the ball into his gun, when he catch it :D? It sounds a bit silly, but it could look realy cool :)
(ps)
But i dont think that it would be so good because you can launch the ball almost instantly with secondary, so no time for the animation there :/
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

wouldnt work......
-what if you catch the ball with your back?
-what if you release the ball before the "put in" animation is played?

If we'd get the animations right it would happen what EA did in Fifa97. They totally screwed the gameplay just to make the stuff look right. But so far NOBODY had a problem with that in 2 years...

nevermind :P
Last edited by DavidM on 19-09-2004 21:18, edited 1 time in total.
speedy

Post by speedy »

how about an animation so when you land from a high play (after getting boosted up) you ROLL ON THE FLOOR AND GET UP?

SUPARCOOLKTHXNPLOLOLOOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOBBQPWNZ0R
canash

Post by canash »

see i knew it was a bad idear :P well could have looked cool tho :D but you are right DM would screw the gameplay :(
Messy

Post by Messy »

^ Speedy has been reading the guide :)

A lot of games are slow because a certain animation has to finish before a new one can get started =\

It's really annoying :x it's the balance between playabality and realism.

This is probably just best, it's like a pickup in classic platform games, it would be shitty to have an animation that would have to finish, and it would be just as shitty when an animation is broken before it's finished (or speeded up oddly).

No animation for picking up the ball = win
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

I was thinking, loose the gun, make it a bit like they throw the ball, who the hell is stupid enough to walk with a super large gun to shoot a ball, they'll get tired ;[
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

I like the gun :) even tho i set the HUD to hide it :)
BrileyPS
Banned

Post by BrileyPS »

Heh, I like how this thread is evolving:) I was talking with david on trying to make the ball more previlant while in the gun, but were not sure on how that will look. As it seems on my screen that the ball shoots from the crotch:)...maybe a crotch gun!
I will be redoing the gun at some point, and I'll try and make the ball more visible while holding it...as I have trouble sometimes knowing when i have the ball:)

BrileyDB
Artist
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

well. the caught ball could stick to the front of the gun. sorta like one of those nerf ball guns they had back in the day.
METAFrank

Post by METAFrank »

or add some kind of glass window to the side of the gun you can see the ball through once u got it...
but, wait a moment... just finish what youre doing right now and we discuss this thing later :P
Messy

Post by Messy »

I like the gun :'(
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

lets put magnets on top, and when the ball gets in reach, u press teh super magnet button and the ball comes to your gun

pwn
speedy

Post by speedy »

Messy wrote: I like the gun :'(
you'll like the new one better...

(maybe)
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

i'd love to see some more in game shots of that ball close up :D
sergeantduke

Post by sergeantduke »

Bah. Screw the gun, I think you should catch the ball with your teeth, and spit it at other players. That may sound gross, until you remember that this game is set in the future.