2.1f release

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Morning*Star

Post by Morning*Star »

showing:
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

ok, the volley goal msg shows in this case, normal shot doesnt. please find out if its always like that
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Matt, forget the radar stuff etc. its the server problem that we once had. its just wrong server setup.

Here is a mail I just sent to the team, my comments and bugs:

2.1f
-We played some 5on5 matches, no performance complaints, everything fine it seems.
-New replay works great.
-These were good matches with nothing really to complain about, just the brand new talking bug is really annoying.

Here we go,
Bugs:
-major one: you cant talk most of the time. more like: the msgs arent shown! when you say the same thing twice (but you see no msg) you get banned from talking, so i think you can talk. you just dont see it. same for teamsay.
I see no certain pattern, but it seems that we can only talk right after goals for 45 secs or so. then it completely locks up again. and we can talk thru the whole waiting time before the match and during endgame replays.
you need to join a server and test this, very strange 0_o

-someone sez this: I have a problem that I dont know if it was lag or performance: everytime I would release the ball , the power bar that is in the middle would stay there for like... 30 seconds after , this has never happened before

-i rarely hear the crowd (crowd volume at 0). just an "owww" and then its over.
i remember one was when blue keeper passed to a blue player in red half. but it happened twice in 20 minutes, dunno :|
but this is totally new once again

-goal messsage (where it says distance and shot speed) sometimes not shown
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

BIGGEST BUG: You've reintroduced the gun bugs where the weapon doesn't wwitch properly on ball release. So you're stuck with a ball launcher instead of a weapon you can volley/boost with. Happens fairly often - once or twice per game. Also, sometimes the pass button does not work

Ah thank ya. What the hell are you guys doing to that thing anyway?
Ashleh

Post by Ashleh »

its slow..... and the bugs happen to more then 1 person... and the major bug sux... we just played anouther then.. it was a lot better game, well for me anyway... but .

Bottom line: never had these troubles before, well (yes) but... i mean in recent early versions. what are you trying to acheive from the deathball gameplay which has these sideafects?
Inter

Post by Inter »

On a side note: "I have a problem that I dont know if it was lag or performance: everytime I would release the ball , the power bar that is in the middle would stay there for like... 30 seconds after , this has never happened before "

I was the one who said that , AND , just to make it clear , I just played another game and STILL had it! :rolleyes:

That doesn't seem to be the only problem with my gun either , I've experienced a bug in the last game which I haven't seen in a while: my gun was actually "jammed"... I will explain better: it made the shooting sound constantly but nothing would happen , then suddenly stopped. This happened TWICE during the game! :confused:

All I'm asking is for HELP! Nothing more... ::Pfffff::
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

From 2.1e to 2.1f:

-Classic mode: All your favourite bugs back from the dead for your enjoyment!
Ashleh

Post by Ashleh »

lol cata idd.... well i gota say i did the miss the bugs... :|
Shev.npu
Banned

Post by Shev.npu »

yay for lets wait 2 seconds to rmb the ball \o/

literatly i shot it and it didnt release. WOOHOO :\

(i like the no talking. nice quiet game of deathball)
(if u wanna speak to team, use sound messages)
Onge

Post by Onge »

What a fucking farce.

I had to reinstall UT2K4 to get 2.1f to even load.

I reinstalled DB as well > 2.1 then 2.1f over the top.

Now when I play online I've no middle radar, F1 shows no players and all players are on the red team.

Wonderful.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

onge, its the server, read up -_-

play on a proper setup server and it works.
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

Unfortunately the other bugs are in the code...
Onge

Post by Onge »

So there's not a single public server that works properly? That bodes well doesn't it...

Edit: Why then when I try to connect to DBL1 the server starts to make me download Greenbaize when I already have the map?
Last edited by Onge on 07-09-2004 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
Mongeh

Post by Mongeh »

i get the same downlad from dbl1 onge, i got the radar bug on 1234 serv as well but tried on dbl3 and works fine, now just need to see what it's like with lot more players
mpratt

Post by mpratt »

Blah I guess I could decompile 2.1d when I get home, and we could restart from there.

Blah.